Focus... Welcome Back... Thought you committed suicide after Nintendo and Microsoft terrible E3

Options
CallMeWelvin
CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in IllGaming
You didn't post for weeks b,... Sony won E3…… thoughts?

Comments

• IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought Ubisoft won..

Nintendo felt atricious this year, so did Micro$oft
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote:
    thoughts?

I, am, back, ?
    Ladies and gentlemen....F, to the Cuzzo
    I wanna thank everybody out there for they interest
    I surely appreciate it - whoo!
    What you about to witness is my thoughts
    Just my thoughts, man - right or wrong
    Just what I was feeling at the time, uhh
    You ever felt like this, vibe with me
    Walk with a ? man - just vibe with me

I think E3 as a whole was a disappointment this year, and that pretty much seems to be the consensus for the most part. I'm a gamer. I will always be hyped about E3 with the understanding that their will be good years and bad years. With that said, their has definitely been a shift in recent years. I dunno if its because of cost, or because of the way news is delivered now versus when E3 started, or because we are in the middle of a transition, etc. Whatever the case, E3 just isn't what it used to be.

All 3 console manufactuers had bad conferences. Sony's was the "best", I agree with that, but what is that really saying? If a trailer for a game announced last year that doesn't come out until next year is "winning" E3...then I guess Sony can have that award. But where was Agent? Where was The Last Guardian? Where was VITA? Where were...any new announcements...about anything? Oh yeah...the 15 minute Wonderbook demo. Ok. As for "Beyond"...it looked cool. But so did the first tech demo for Heavy Rain, and we all know the final product ended up being NOTHING like that...so the jury is still out on that one.

As for M$ and Nintendo...what can I say that hasn't already been said by everyone else? Terrible.

People say Ubisoft won. I guess so. I would say more like "Most Improved" in my opinion. It was a strong conference though. I don't even know WTF EA talked about.

In any case, anyone pretending like E3 was in any way a "win" for anyone is kiding themselves. Again, I was excited because i'm a gamer. I dont have a problem admitting that. My understanding was that (somehow) most people in The Arcade didn't care about E3, so I took the discussion elsewhere. Nobody was talking about it here. Everyone said it didn't matter. Maybe they were scared of showing support just in case "? "...their beloved publisher of choice had a bad conference. That's not me. I own Nintendo and M$ consoles so that's what the majority of my interest was in and what I supported going into E3. For some reason, Sony stans take offense to that. Maybe you should just support your own system in the first place and then you wouldn't have to defend it all the time?

Anyway, I glanced through The Arcade. Saw my name everywhere. Saw people saying a trailer "won" E3....but not much else? I was flattered, but at the same time kinda bored by the whole thing and didn't care to comment. There was a bigger issue IMO that other sites were talking about that wasnt being talked about here. Which is that none of the announcements that came out of E3 required E3.

I'm mostly just salty Bioshock Infinite wasnt there :(

So, there you have it ? . Keepin it real as always. Focus AKA "The difference between me and them". Now you can stop beggin. LOL.

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    with the internet and 24 hr news coverage, no, E3 will never be like before. thats the same for movies, comics, etc. not just games. stuff gets leaked, demos get youtubed, ppl dont keep secrets.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    in fact, it wouldnt suprise me if in the future, E3 did like comic con and started inviting hollywood to talk about their future movie and tv projects
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Cot damn at that long ass post

That ? was heartfelt b.

Those feelings were flying out

? ? ?

#PS3
    #BlackOps2
    #FocusranawayafterNintendoandMicrosofthadaterribleE3
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol he did come back like aimt ? happen.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    focus got his ? took. ? ? and all. Took a few weeks to heal. Now he wanna come back like it's all good
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? writing haiku's n ? SMH
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote:
    thoughts?

In any case, anyone pretending like E3 was in any way a "win" for anyone is kiding themselves. Again, I was excited because i'm a gamer. I dont have a problem admitting that. My understanding was that (somehow) most people in The Arcade didn't care about E3, so I took the discussion elsewhere. Nobody was talking about it here. Everyone said it didn't matter. Maybe they were scared of showing support just in case "? "...their beloved publisher of choice had a bad conference. That's not me. I own Nintendo and M$ consoles so that's what the majority of my interest was in and what I supported going into E3. For some reason, Sony stans take offense to that. Maybe you should just support your own system in the first place and then you wouldn't have to defend it all the time?

But you posted this AFTER MS' conference?

Halo 4 (first gameplay)
    Splinter Cell Blacklist Announced (DLC first on 360)
    Madden NFL '13 and FIFA '13 (Better with Kinect)
    Fable: The Journey (Trailer)
    Gears of War Judgment Officially Announced (trailer shown)
    Forza Horizon (Trailer shown, dated for October 23)
    NBA, NHL and Live 24/7 ESPN Coming to Xbox Live as well as new partnerships with Nickelodeon, Paramount, Machinima and Univision.
    XBOX Music announced (Trailer shown, 30 million tracks for 360 owners to listen to)
    Nike Plus Training Revealed (Training methods & real time feedback delivered by Nike)
    XBOX Smartglass (allows content creators to make new "multi-screen" entertainment experiences)
    Internet Explorer Coming to Xbox 360
    Tomb Raider Demo Shown (DLC first on 360)
    3 new exclusive games announced: Ascend: New Gods, Matter and LocoCycle
    South Park RPG: The Stick of Truth Revealed
    Wrecketeer Demo (Coming to XBLA This Summer)
    Dance Central 3 Revealed (Performance by Usher)
    Call of Duty Demo (All Black Ops 2 DLC Hits Xbox 360 First)

jackie-chan-confused.png
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Dance Central 3 Revealed (Performance by Usher)

lol @ this being something to be proud of
  • focus
    edited June 2012
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

But you posted this AFTER MS' conference?

I also didnt share my opinion on any of it.

I copy and pasted that rundown from another site...and surely you of all people must understand that simply sharing the news as is isnt the same as "discussing" it or stating an opinion. Its all you do all day long afterall. LOL.
  • focus
    edited June 2012
    Options
    In any case, this is all shaping up to be a much bigger deal for all of you than it was for me. I...dont really know what else you want from me? I mean...sorry I abandoned you? Is that it? LOL

Being excited for E3, that was a problem. Not being excited? Also a problem. You begged me for my thoughts for weeks. Gave em to you. More feelings. I said Sony "won" E3...that was unacceptable. If I would've said they didnt, that would've been an issue too. LOL.

I feel like Obama with the Republicans. I guess that just comes with the territory when you the H.N.I.C.

LOL.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Control those emotion Focusy.

You ? about Sony ruining E3 for fans and yet they had the best showing.

Poor Nintendo and Microsoft.

Bow down and kiss the ring.

**does the dougie**
  • focus
    edited June 2012
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »

You ? about Sony ruining E3 for fans.

LOL. Oh, is that what this is about? That really upset yall huh? All these weeks later...wow, i'd totally forgotten. LOL. Well, my bad, I had no idea it was still on ya minds.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Lol you paraded around professing Microsoft and Nintendo greatness and as soon as they bomb, you tuck your tail and stop posting.

It'll be okay bro... there's always next year
  • focus
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Sony "won" E3?
    I promise to never leave you again?
    Sorry I hurt your feelings?

Tell me, what I gotta do here? LOL
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    You fellas realise it's 2:30 in the morning?
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Sony made the other consoles their ? . Does it burn your soul Focusy?
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
  • focus
    Options

Umm...do you? LOL
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Focus grasp on time has diminished. He still hasn't gotten over the horrible E3.
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2012
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    1:30

oh ok, carry on then

Umm...do you? LOL

yep, just got home and decided to come say goodnight before I go to bed.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
  • focus
    Options

yep, just got home and decided to come say goodnight before I go to bed.

Riiiiight.