ladies how long can you be in a relationship b4 you start to think about marriage?

Options

Comments

• Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you married? You should elaborate.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who are you or yall trying to please??
  • ChromaStoned
    ChromaStoned Members Posts: 938 ✭✭✭
    Options
    but wtf is the point of marriage if you been together for so long anyway-really
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    if you got kids you need to gon head & do it for the legalities alone
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you married? You should elaborate.

just don't do it bruh

save yaself

:(
  • mdcu16
    mdcu16 Members Posts: 297
    Options
    14 years is long enough.... at least get married so that she has the same last name as you and your child.
  • (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    Options
    After 14 years, both of y'all are dumb.

She's dumb for expecting it and you're dumb for not just marrying the woman.
    Thats some pretty judgmental words for someone who shouldn't be judging people..

Aint you in a new relationship? How long do think you can play house b4 you start hinting at marriage. What if yo ? don't think its the right time, will you stop ? with him after all the years y'all put into a relationship over a piece of paper?

I wasn't trying to make this about me, but my girl is a good woman she just folding under the pressure of her mother and sister( who husband turn out to be a flaming ? ) to get married. Its not like it will mean the word to her, she just want it done to shut other people up and she think i don't know thats her reason because b4 we would talk about how overrated marriage was, now all of a sudden after her mother put her on blast at her family reunion a few years back saying she will never get married, the next day I start getting ultimatums from my girl to marry her or let her go( which let me know she ain't going nowhere because why would you say let me go when you can leave)

Its not that I don't love her, or that I won't entertain the thought of marrying her, Its the ultimatum part that make me standoffish and she knows that.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody should be giving you ultimatums, and it's nobody's business what's going on with you guys. I get the rebellious type feelings you have since people want to try to tell you what to do, and yes they're out of line. That's not a good reason to pressure you into marriage.That being said, it's been 14 years AND you have a child with her. I think it's time to do it if for no other reason than your kid(s).
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    if it aint broke dont fix it....i gotta hear that ? all the time....and she acts like she doesnt understand its just a whole lotta more important ? i would like to accomplish b4 taking a LIFE PARTNER....i know too many young couples that are trapped in terrible marriages....if you need a ring and a ceremony to tell you i love you and im down for you, it aint real no way....a lot of women just want to be able to say it and show the ring to everybody....what do i get to rep on?....where did i win?....exactly, nothing changed....except now ur entitled to do whatever u wanna do with my ? .....*shakes finger no*

got damn @ 14 years tho lol....thats yo wife bruh
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont marry her bruh. If you havent ask yet something deep down is telling you not to. Most likely you are comfortable in this relationship. Being comfortable never last forever.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    Options
    14 years and a child together.. you scared of commitment bruh? Do you live together? Why would marriage make anything different that you should seperate?

marriage makes a lot of ? different

don't do it son, please reconsider

these chicks in the powder room got an agenda they have to push haha

I personally don't believe marriage is to blame but rather the parties involved and what they make of it.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seriously wanna see micheal phelps ?

Like badly
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh, you been with that ? from when I was in kindergarten
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    14 yrs and yall co-habitating and procreating what diff. does it make now??
    if I knew two mufuckas thats been doing what yall been doing for more than a decade and yall got married dont expect no damn wedding gift...
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    awww damn ...i had to stop reading once you wrote ...."after a wedding" .......bruh ....dont ya know?... you must ban your girl from attending all nuptial sharing events at all cost ... i mean no possessive disorder or anything... just for the prolonged sanity and happiness of the relationship ..real ? ...lol

nah but ...this is the question tho .... why haven't you proposed to her yet? whats stopping you? financial...personal?
  • (UNKNOWN)
    Options
    I seriously wanna see (UNKNOWN) ?

Like badly

I can make it happen
  • (UNKNOWN)
    Options
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »
    awww damn ...i had to stop reading once you wrote ...."after a wedding" .......bruh ....dont ya know?... you must ban your girl from attending all nuptial sharing events at all cost ... i mean no possessive disorder or anything... just for the prolonged sanity and happiness of the relationship ..real ? ...lol

nah but ...this is the question tho .... why haven't you proposed to her yet? whats stopping you? financial...personal?

The only stopping me is I feel there's no reason for us to get married, what we got going on is fine the way it is.
    Like I said its not a big deal to her because I know how she really act when she want something. but after talking to her I can understand where she coming from so I'm going to look for a ring and ask b4 the year out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    (UNKNOWN) wrote: »
    I seriously wanna see (UNKNOWN) ?

Like badly

I can make it happen

Oh dear......
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

? you nosign me for @blak? might as well get your fatherly duties & contributions on the books now in case something should so happen to go sour down the line.

• blakfyahking
    Options

? you nosign me for @blak? might as well get your fatherly duties & contributions on the books now in case something should so happen to go sour down the line.

shorty you obviously got the game backwards............but it's ok tho

that just means you've been raised the right way

but trust ol girl been cool with it for 14 years for a reason...........I'll just leave it at that
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    @blak *shaq face* so we gon act like people that been together over 10 years don't break up?

i'm talkin bout him & their kid. idgaf about her (all due respect to t/s)
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (UNKNOWN) wrote: »
    Dizzel3000 wrote: »

The only stopping me is I feel there's no reason for us to get married, what we got going on is fine the way it is.
    Like I said its not a big deal to her because I know how she really act when she want something. but after talking to her I can understand where she coming from so I'm going to look for a ring and ask b4 the year out.

i hear you bruh ... on both accounts ...she feelin that pressure from outside sources ...thats why those wedding adventures she be hitting up are the woat for you ... but ? man ... with all that said ... aint nothin wrong with throwing a ring on it ... i mean it seems like neither of yall going anywhere anyways..
  • blakfyahking
    Options
    @blak *shaq face* so we gon act like people that been together over 10 years don't break up?

i'm talkin bout him & their kid. idgaf about her (all due respect to t/s)

shorty marriage isn't going to help the bolded tho

realistically she can divorce him and get child support

or just break up with him and get child support

so basing it off of finances alone.............it's more economical to just stay bf/gf from the man's perspective

guarantee if she stayed for 14yrs, it's obviously for a reason

t/s would be dumb to legally lock himself into a situation that doesn't provide him an extra benefit

as long as he isn't living in a community property state, he's good
  • Ms. Sweeetface
    Ms. Sweeetface Members Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @(unknown)
    3 years.

I can't speak for all women, but with most women including myself...no woman will stay in a relationship if the male isn't speaking on marriage.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @(unknown)
    3 years.

I can't speak for all women, but with most women including myself...no woman will stay in a relationship if the male isn't speaking on marriage.

Hello Ms Sweet face. Welcome if you're new and your picture is required in the G & S. thanks for complying.