So....Is Carmelo Anthony the whipping boy now?

Options
d.green
d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Lebron got that gorilla off of his back

Comments

• SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    d.green wrote:

He damn sure did...In a big way...Yea', Carmelo is the dog right now...New York is gonna' put the Heat to his ass for real...Yoooo, basketball is over...SMH, now I gotta watch my Phillies.

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Durant for flopping. SMH @ OKC losing in 5 in the Finals. That ? 's straight up embarrassing. Dude's played mad hard in the playoffs, just to get sonned in the Finals lol.

Real talk, at least take it to 6 or 7. These dudes lost in 5. They won as many games as the clumsy Knicks did against the Heat lol.
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Durant for flopping. SMH @ OKC losing in 5 in the Finals. That ? 's straight up embarrassing. Dude's played mad hard in the playoffs, just to get sonned in the Finals lol.

Real talk, at least take it to 6 or 7. These dudes lost in 5. They won as many games as the clumsy Knicks did against the Heat lol.

I feel you, but it's not the same.

• moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How many times did Lebron get sonned b4 he got his ring? It happens to the best of them. Just saying.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But to answer the question, yeah especially in NY. Melo got a tough road ahead of him, though.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No because nobody expected great things out of carmelo post 2006. Nobody gonna ride his ass about not winning lol They already chalked it up as he aint gonna be truly great. Its gonna be all on Dwight, Rose, paul, and durant
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carmelo needs to gone head and commit dat.
    Or force his way out of New York before the media destroys him.
    Whichever comes first, really.
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No because Carmelo doesn't have a chance of winning as long as Lebron is in the east.. Plus they think he's not out to win the media thinks he's out to score and that's it.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dwight howard???
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    No because nobody expected great things out of carmelo post 2006. Nobody gonna ride his ass about not winning lol They already chalked it up as he aint gonna be truly great. Its gonna be all on Dwight, Rose, paul, and durant

melo has to get out the first round though
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw because everybody knows he wont win a ring with the damn knicks so its not his fault
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It will be Durant for some people because everyone sees the potential. I say for some people b/c we all know his personality/demeanor will keep a lot of people off his back.

The Melo shitfest has already started. I don't think it will get any more intense. The Bockers are not a threat. Outside of Knicks fans no one expects anything from them as they are @ the moment.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the past several years, say 5 or 6, everyone tries too hard to find a "whipping boy."
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whipping boy list

1. Melo -same draft class as lebron wade bosh... u leave for a ring, u better get a ring, like lebron, jason kidd, gasol

2. Durant -the grace period is over...hes been to 2 straight west finals..even Barkley said no more free passes

3. Howard (if he leaves orlando) - u leave for a ring, u better get a ring...

4. cp3 - u leave for a ring, u better get a ring...he has a real team now with playoff experience

5. D Rose- league mvp, best record in the east for 2 straight year... has all the pieces he needs
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    whipping boy list

1. Melo -same draft class as lebron wade bosh... u leave for a ring, u better get a ring, like lebron, jason kidd, gasol

2. Durant -the grace period is over...hes been to 2 straight west finals..even Barkley said no more free passes

3. Howard (if he leaves orlando) - u leave for a ring, u better get a ring...

4. cp3 - u leave for a ring, u better get a ring...he has a real team now with playoff experience

5. D Rose- league mvp, best record in the east for 2 straight year... has all the pieces he needs

i agree with this
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

He's been out of the first round, actually it's gonna be Lebron again because they want to compare him to Jordan
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SupremeXXV wrote: »
    d.green wrote:

He damn sure did...In a big way...Yea', Carmelo is the dog right now...New York is gonna' put the Heat to his ass for real...Yoooo, basketball is over...SMH, now I gotta watch my Phillies.

olympics coming up soon...plus summer leaque
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course Melo's going to get it. They do it with every great player who's on the cusp. In the early 90s, it was Malone, Barkley, Drexler, Ewing, and Robinson. End of the 90s and into the 2000s, T-Mac, Vince, Post-Shaq Kobe, Yao, LeBron, etc.

Oh, and even though he likes to pretend he's been a boss this whole time, I remember when Garnett was in Lebron's shoes out in Minnesota: 20+ and 10 but church mouse 4th quarters. Think it was Scottie Pippen who called his points the "most impressive set of worthless stats in the league" because he disappeared late.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It goes Melo, Durant, then Rose.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Melo needs to get his ass in shape too, dude doesn't even look like he takes care of himself during the summer breaks.
  • MR.CJ
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Trockm wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

He's been out of the first round, actually it's gonna be Lebron again because they want to compare him to Jordan

yea once in 9 years and dude is playing in new york
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Dwight and Melo own this thread
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    NY gonna eat melo alive if he dont