Basketball question. need help.

Options
2stepz_ahead
2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
whats the difference between a player making a decision to go to a team of other good players to win a ring and a front office and coach bringing a player in with other good players to win a ring.

i mean since people are saying bron went to miami to win a ring and couldn't do it the hard way and earn it in cleveland by himself.

maybe its something i dont understand or im missing.

Comments

• SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No player has ever won a ring by themselves...So Lebron's move to Miami is justified.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    There is no difference. James had the power to decide where he would play next. His decision has now proven to be the right one. Just as bringing the big 3 to Boston was he right decision because they won the chip.

Right and wrong all depends on the end result in sports.

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u really want us to explain a player demanding a trade compared to front office making trade or is this another pro bron pro decision supporting thread disguised as a hypothetical question? cause if it is its the 13264th of its kind...let it go some like it, some dont
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    u really want us to explain a player demanding a trade compared to front office making trade or is this another pro bron pro decision supporting thread disguised as a hypothetical question? cause if it is its the 13264th of its kind...let it go some like it, some dont

its a question i knew the answer too...but some ppl make it more than what it is...

i like the fact he won his ring and i support the young black man for doing what he did....this question really didn't need an answer other than "the owners are just mad" and they dont want other young black men deciding where they want to go.

rules will be made to stop this in the future
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ummm....okay...

mods its closing time
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    spare me this black man ? gtfoh.. this ? aint jim brown or muhammad ali ? he aint even mahmoud abdul rauf
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont blame him for leaving, he gave that team great yrs. If they didn't keep bringing in ? like an old Shaq, passed prime Antwan Jamison, Donyell Marshall. How are you suppose to win a ship with that. Man did what he should've done yrs before that. They obviously didn't bring help in to win.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Trockm wrote: »
    I dont blame him for leaving, he gave that team great yrs. If they didn't keep bringing in ? like an old Shaq, passed prime Antwan Jamison, Donyell Marshall. How are you suppose to win a ship with that. Man did what he should've done yrs before that. They obviously didn't bring help in to win.

yet...hes blamed for them not winning
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »

its a question i knew the answer too...but some ppl make it more than what it is...

i like the fact he won his ring and i support the young black man for doing what he did....this question really didn't need an answer other than "the owners are just mad" and they dont want other young black men deciding where they want to go.

rules will be made to stop this in the future

No smart owner wants to lose a great player, regardless of race. Especially if that's the only great player on your team.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    john2009's question>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    Trockm wrote: »

yet...hes blamed for them not winning

Yeah you can get through the regular season and maybe a ? first round series because you have the top seed but, later on that team will catch up to you because they didn't enough to win.. not his fault. That man did his thing while he was there.