Seriously, after GM 6 of the NBA ECF, how many of you were

Options
deadeye
deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
looking at the playoffs like:

14kbedv.gif

I mean, a veteran Celtics team wins 3 games in a row (Gm's 3,4, and 5).

3 fairly close games (less than 10pts) that you can clearly see Boston deserved to win because they played the better game.

Then, this veteran team...after beating the Heat 3 games in a row...has a chance to close out the series in Game 6...at home...and they come out flat with no sense of urgency...and lose the game by 19pts???

18492.gif

Ok maybe they were just old and ran out of gas.

Whatever.

The Heat advance to play OKC in the finals.

OKC...a team which swept the Mavs and beat the Lakers 4-1, and then go on to beat the team with the best record in the league (Spurs) 4 games in a row to advance to the finals.

Then OKC gets in the finals, stops playing how they were throughout the playoffs, and loses 4 games in a row to a team that they swept during the regular season???

Again:

18492.gif

Not a fan of any team in the playoffs (Lakers are my team), not a Lebron hater or anything...but this ? just doesn't look right.

It just seems real convenient that during a lockout shortened season, the NBA somehow manages to get a finals matchup that features 2 of the biggest stars in the NBA (Durant and James)...a ratings bonanza...when it looked like it almost could've been Celtics-Spurs...which would've been a good series, but probably with lower ratings.

Not really someone who's into conspiracy theories, but...hypothetically speaking...if the fix was in for the Heat to win the series with the Celtics as well as the series with OKC...what would those fixed games look like?

How would Boston and OKC be playing if they were trying to throw the games with Miami?

If you can picture that, and then look at how those teams actually played in the series...once again...

18492.gif

'Just saying.

49051552.jpg

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH @ grown ass men getting sand all in their vaginas....? is disgusting.
  • deadeye
    Options
    I'm not a fan of either team, I'm just saying that something looks off.
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to type such a long post.. you could of at least known they didnt sweep heat during the reg season... you missing that point alone makes this whole tirade look pathetic, because if you pulled at straws there without doing your research you pulled at straws everywhere else too.

boston came out flat game 6 because they didnt think the heat had a chance to win the series, even if they went back to miami. they are an old team and are tired and literally wanted to take a game off to rest and not play hard.

it burned them, thats it.

okc is just a young team with an overrated superstar.... yes, overrated in the sense that he can do only one thing well on the court: SCORE. when you have a superstar like lebron who can score / pass / d up / run the team / attack the paint, it shows how truly overrated KD is / was.

KD is a top 10 player, but there are many better overall than him.

Thats what happened: KD got exposed.
  • deadeye
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    to type such a long post.. you could of at least known they didnt sweep heat during the reg season... you missing that point alone makes this

boston came out flat game 6 because they didnt think the heat had a chance to win the series, even if they went back to miami. they are an old team and are tired and literally wanted to take a game off to rest and not play hard.

it burned them, thats it.

okc is just a young team with an overrated superstar.... yes, overrated in the sense that he can do only one thing well on the court: SCORE. when you have a superstar like lebron who can score / pass / d up / run the team / attack the paint, it shows how truly overrated KD is / was.

KD is a top 10 player, but there are many better overall than him.

Thats what happened: KD got exposed.

Not a tirade at all.

Just an observation and an opinion.

Boston is an old and tired team, but they still managed to beat Miami 3 games in a row and their age doesn't show until they have a chance to advance to the finals.

KD gets exposed, but he doesn't get exposed by the Spurs...he gets exposed by a team that was down 2-1 to the Pacers and was on the verge of elimination by Boston.

James Harden plays well throughout the playoffs, but can't seem to hit any shots in the finals.

Right or wrong...all I'm saying is that it doesn't look right.

• CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're an idiot.

'Just saying.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wat da hell are u talkin about? lmao the heat stepped up played at a high level nd hit huge shots no conspiracy
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Such a dumbo threAd....
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote:
    looking at the playoffs like:

14kbedv.gif

I mean, a veteran Celtics team wins 3 games in a row (Gm's 3,4, and 5).

3 fairly close games (less than 10pts) that you can clearly see Boston deserved to win because they played the better game.

Then, this veteran team...after beating the Heat 3 games in a row...has a chance to close out the series in Game 6...at home...and they come out flat with no sense of urgency...and lose the game by 19pts???

18492.gif

Ok maybe they were just old and ran out of gas.

Whatever.

The Heat advance to play OKC in the finals.

OKC...a team which swept the Mavs and beat the Lakers 4-1, and then go on to beat the team with the best record in the league (Spurs) 4 games in a row to advance to the finals.

Then OKC gets in the finals, stops playing how they were throughout the playoffs, and loses 4 games in a row to a team that they swept during the regular season???

Again:

18492.gif

Not a fan of any team in the playoffs (Lakers are my team), not a Lebron hater or anything...but this ? just doesn't look right.

It just seems real convenient that during a lockout shortened season, the NBA somehow manages to get a finals matchup that features 2 of the biggest stars in the NBA (Durant and James)...a ratings bonanza...when it looked like it almost could've been Celtics-Spurs...which would've been a good series, but probably with lower ratings.

Not really someone who's into conspiracy theories, but...hypothetically speaking...if the fix was in for the Heat to win the series with the Celtics as well as the series with OKC...what would those fixed games look like?

How would Boston and OKC be playing if they were trying to throw the games with Miami?

If you can picture that, and then look at how those teams actually played in the series...once again...

18492.gif

'Just saying.

49051552.jpg

go sitcho ass down...

so not one but 2 teams got paid off to take a dive?

and bruh...mia and okc split the season series. you conspiracy niglets are baffling to me...
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game one of the Finals was the highest rated game one in NBA HISTORY.

This series was one of the highest rated series in NBA HISTORY.

Game 6+7 probably would've been even higher than game one.

High ratings = $$ for the NBA.

So you really gonna sit here and say the NBA (as a business first, league second) has the mentality of "Hey, lets PURPOSEFULLY SHORTEN THE SERIES EVEN THOUGH WE'D MAKE MORE MONEY IF IT'S LONGER."

T/S is a ?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Game 6+7 probably would've been even higher than game one.

High ratings = $$ for the NBA.

So you really gonna sit here and say the NBA (as a business first, league second) has the mentality of "Hey, lets PURPOSEFULLY SHORTEN THE SERIES EVEN THOUGH WE'D MAKE MORE MONEY IF IT'S LONGER."

T/S is a ?

Or they noticed, that if OKC did happen to win game 5, they would have momentum going into game 6 in which the NBA wouldn't be able to guarantee that Miami win the series since OKC would have 2 home games after that.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Btw cosign the basis of this thread. ? didn't look right. Just like ? didn't look right last year when Lebron forgot how to play all of sudden.

The NBA = WWE.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Highest rated In abc's broadcast history Not nba history

These finals was the highest rated since abc took over nba broadcasts in 2002-2003 season

As far as nba history The 98,93,97,96,87 and 91 finals were the highest rated ever

1998 nba finals game 6 is the highest rated finals game ever

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

These finals was the highest rated since abc took over nba broadcasts in 2002-2003 season

As far as nba history The 98,93,97,96,87 and 91 finals were the highest rated ever

5 of them from MJ era wooooooooo!
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I stand corrected, although I haven't done the research my self, just going off what I heard.

My point still stands to the ? ? that think the NBA would lose out on making extra money to give lebron a ring. If they really wanted to fix it they'd have it go to a game 7.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I stand corrected, although I haven't done the research my self, just going off what I heard.

2yvupf5.jpg

Here they go

Thunder vs heat had an 11.8 rating

Game 6 1998 was the highest rated sporting event ever until the super bowls in the last 3-4 years topped it
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So you say the leauge orchestrated this but wasn't smart enough to get it to game 7 which would have broken finals records for ratings?

Plus the NBA would want lebron to make it to the finals & lose every year because that is why most people are watching. I guarentee next years finals will have lower ratings now that lebron got one.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sig, my dude.

Calm down.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heat had no business losing 3 in a row..but they were a wade buzzer beater away from goin up 3-1

i had absolutely no doubt they would still beat boston after goin down 3-2...game 6 was lebron GOAT game in his career
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    game 2, 3 and 4 I felt like the Thunder got ? by the refs... I also feel like game 5 was the only game the Heat actually won even tho imo I felt like the refs were helping the Thunder out but really could'n't cuz the Heat couldn't miss from 3
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    to the dude that wacked my post... how does Westbrook go for 43 points, 20 fo 32 when just hittin 1 3 if anything meaning he was driving to the hole barely taking any jumpshots and only getting 3 freethrows?! lol foh plus Wade getting 3 phantom calls 2 for and 1s and 1 on Durant that made him sit for the rest of the 3rd with 5 mins left plus reversing a call on out of bounce but still giving OKC coach a T for questioning it?! lol and a foul on Westbrook when he cleary didn't touch the driver when Durant blocked the shot (cant remember what game that was tho) all in all LBJ and Wade were getting every call while Westbrook and Durant barely got any
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    So you say the leauge orchestrated this but wasn't smart enough to get it to game 7 which would have broken finals records for ratings?

Plus the NBA would want lebron to make it to the finals & lose every year because that is why most people are watching. I guarentee next years finals will have lower ratings now that lebron got one.

not if its okc vs miami 2 or miami vs lakers
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone forgets that the Heat were favored to win the title this year easy. Throw in a Chris Bosh injury, and Wades nagging injury and inconsistent play this year and all that is thrown out the window.