my final thoughts on lebron ring....

Options
ATTS
ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
He earned that ? ....funny thing happened was bron carried wade and not d other way around. it ethers d haters b/c they cant say shaq carried kobe (wade carried lebron).... bron dominated...thats all folks

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People didn't like lebron because of his personality, not his basketball skills. So I don't know why people are calling it some kind of redepmtion story.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    White People didn't like lebron because of his personality, not his basketball skills. So I don't know why people are calling it some kind of redepmtion story.
    FIXED.

but at the same time if u knew what u were talking about u'd know EVERY ONE of lebrons critics questioned his 4th qt abilities, clutch gene and killer instinct which fall under the skills catergory
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if u average 20+ point on a championship run u were carried by nobody....that goes for bron, wade, kobe, etc....
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Chasin Bundlez Members Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    He was carried, regardless of his 20ppg average.

He's what u call interchangeable (well at least this year).. u take the 4th/5th best SG in the league, Manu, K Mart, Ellis, Joe, take ur pick, and let em play alongside LB and they still get a chip.

Do the same for Wade.. give Wade, lets say, Granger, ? , Iggy.. they dont win a damn thing.

My final thoughts is, yes, he earned this one, and... without a legitimate superstar with him, cuz his superstar played like a star in this year PO's... and his star played like a role player due to injuries.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    People didn't like lebron because of his personality, not his basketball skills. So I don't know why people are calling it some kind of redepmtion story.

? ... his personality has nothing to do with any of the hate... MJ has the WOAT personality and he is beloved...
    Dan Gilbert is the one y'all should hate...
  • Copper
    edited June 2012
    Options
    no MIA would not have won it all with kevin martin, monte ellis or joe (cant believe u even mentioned his name and championship) johnson

and yes wade was the second option. but second option does not equal being carried. when someone is being carried it implies that there not pulling there on wieght putting in work...there no way u average 20+ and not be puttin in work
  • Chasin Bundlez
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ? , if u need a ? more than he needs u, u were carried, period. LB dont need Wade, especially the Wade I seen in this year's PO's.

LB can take the 4 or 5 posters that posted in this thread and "carry" us to the PO's and make us legit title contenders. Wade at this stage in his career, and he's so lucky he got one in 06' or I would say in general, CANT... period.

He needed LB to "carry" his ass out the 1st rd of the PO's, the same 1st rd he aint been out of since 06'.. u wouldve had a better argument last year, but this year.. @stopitfive *no wack poster*
  • Copper
    Options
    only ? that was carried to a ring was juan howard, eddy curry and the rest of them ? ? on the bench if ur actually in the game making an impact u werent carried take the lebron goggles off and think clearly
    kareem was the main man on LA but I wouldnt say he carried magic to those early titles same with mike and pippen why? b/c they did thier share in oder for success to happen
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    my final thoughts is, i want to see heat vs lakers in the finals
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just dont understand how LBJ ave 17 points last year when Wade was playing like the 06 Finals Wade
  • Chasin Bundlez
    Options
    lol @ u goin to extremes, but let me break it down for u. Them ? u mentioned werent carried to a title, they were handed one.

Handed means u did nuffn, freebie.. carried means u did ur part but needed assistance, this year Wade needed help more so than ever before, evident in him having his worst statistical year in recent memory... cut the BS.

What was the Heat's record when Wade was out this year?..... Oh.

• thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ ? you don't carry someone averaging 20, 5, 5 I'm sorry it doesn't work that way
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they both put in work ...obviously lebron stepped it up to another level

if wade gets the german knee replacement like kobe did.. them ? probably going for the back to back championship
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    my final thoughts is, i want to see heat vs lakers in the finals
    wont ever happen.. thunder will own the west for the next 5 years...

Lakers gotta worry about the clippers & griz before they can even dream about OKC in the west finals next year
  • ATTS
    Options
    Laker fan here but they are done....thunder speed has taken over
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This isn't a redemption. Redemption is someone like Josh Hamilton. Maybe even Vick. Someone has to be the villain and for most people, he will fill that role. And yes people can appreciate his skills but still view him as someone to root against
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ ? you don't carry someone averaging 20, 5, 5 I'm sorry it doesn't work that way
    Word, how do you carry a guy that's standing on his feet and putting work in.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    Laker fan here but they are done....thunder speed has taken over

They as in the Lakers or Heat?
  • Copper
    Options
    lol @ u goin to extremes, but let me break it down for u. Them ? u mentioned werent carried to a title, they were handed one.

Handed means u did nuffn, freebie.. carried means u did ur part but needed assistance, this year Wade needed help more so than ever before, evident in him having his worst statistical year in recent memory... cut the BS.

What was the Heat's record when Wade was out this year?..... Oh.

the folly in ur argument b/c assistance is what bron came to Miami for, what everyone said he lacked in cleveland. assistance is what everyone needs to win a title...so by ur logic lebron was carried as well
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ATTS
    Options
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would think people would hate him more now. Its like the "bad guy" won. The evil and powerful Heat Empire. To think that this man got booed at every single arena he went to besides Miami and all those people have to eat crow because it meant nothing.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Yea, wasnt just white people hating lebron bruh