Clyde Drexler goes in on Magic Johnson....bringing up old sh*t

Options

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Prime wade >>> Prime drex IMO

I like wade's reckless style of play, and wade did carry the heat in 06 even tho he was gettin to the line crazy he still carried them..

So wade is # 3 sg all time to me the only way he take Kobe spot is if he get 3 more FMVP and not let bron carry them each finals even tho he would have gotten FMVP against mavs if they won

Wade isnt a better sg then VC,Tmac or Clyde..Wade didnt carry the heat...the Refs did

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Man It was a thread recently on who would you take Isaiah or Clyde. Helluva ? was pickin Isaiah and I was like the only ? tha pick clyde...Am I missing something.... now yall sayin hes close to jordan in talent and the 3rd best sg of all time but he isnt better then Isaiah??Huh

I made that thread fam. I remember ? though it was a shock thread smh like the comparison was too far apart to be compared
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime wade >>> Prime drex IMO

I like wade's reckless style of play, and wade did carry the heat in 06 even tho he was gettin to the line crazy he still carried them..

So wade is # 3 sg all time to me the only way he take Kobe spot is if he get 3 more FMVP and not let bron carry them each finals even tho he would have gotten FMVP against mavs if they won

Wade isnt a better sg then VC,Tmac or Clyde..Wade didnt carry the heat...the Refs did

I agree with your post to an extent I would take a prime VC and a prime Tmac over prime wade but I will take prime wade >>prime drex solely ? I like style better and don't shrink on big stages like Clyde use to do..
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Watch this ? . 2 of the greats.
    And Clyde did outplay Magic in that 92 all star cuz Clyde was going at Jordan.
    Magic was going at a ? 8 inches shorter than him. (Thomas) and ? aint wanna touch him.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »

Watch this ? . 2 of the greats.
    And Clyde did outplay Magic in that 92 all star cuz Clyde was going at Jordan.
    Magic was going at a ? 8 inches shorter than him. (Thomas) and ? aint wanna touch him.

cosign . this video they was choppin each other.... Drexler is a better overall player that Wade. His jumper was better. Hell everything Wade could do Drexler did. He aint have the refs calling every ticky tack foul for a ring. I never saw Clyde point shave a whole playoffs either.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So hold up ? saying drex 3rd sg of all time???

So who is better in they prime and who would take???

Prime Wade or Prime Drex

Drexler....not even close

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    SMH at you clowns all cosigning Drex and saying he spit "ether"...WTF? Just because a ? say a bunch of ? into a mic dont mean its true.

Why are you taking it personal??

? has a lot of rage
  • blu197
    Options
    So ? will take a prime drex>> a prime VC or Tmac
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    Lol at Clyde saying that he was better than Mike like the 92 Finals didnt happen or something... Clyde should be bitter at his barber instead of Magic for his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds9KFfG4H6g&feature=related
  • d.green
    edited June 2012
    Options

I think Drexler prime > VC and TMac prime but i would take Prime VC because he was just so entertaining to watch. He flamed out but should've been an all-time great. If he had the heart or killer instinct of a Jordan, Kobe or even Russell Westbrook he would've done so much more.

Dude was Half Man - Half Amazing for real when he was on.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No.
    d.green wrote: »

I think Drexler prime > VC and TMac prime but i would take Prime VC because he was just so entertaining to watch. He flamed out but should've been an all-time great. If he had the heart or killer instinct of a Jordan, Kobe or even Russell Westbrook he would've done so much more.

Bro Clyde use to glyde in the game all the time how is that not entertaining??
  • blu197
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ^^^^Clyde ain't messin with VC in the dunks ? I say nobody will be a dunker than VC and his jumper was just as good if not better than Clyde's
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at VC being mentioned in the same breath as Clyde.
    lmaooooooo.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^Clyde ain't messin with VC in the dunks ? I say nobody will be a dunker than VC and his jumper was just as good if not better than Clyde's
    Vince underachieved like crazy tho nd came up small in the playoffs a lot
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bignorm wrote: »
    lol at VC being mentioned in the same breath as Clyde.
    lmaooooooo.

i know...vince in his toronto prime underacheived..........................

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/other_nba/view/20120627clyde_drexler_denies_he_gave_quotes_about_magic_johnson_in_book/srvc=home&position=recent
    Clyde Drexler denied Wednesday making negative statements attributed to him about Magic Johnson in an upcoming book about the Dream Team.

In Jack McCallum’s book, "Dream Team," Drexler said Johnson only earned a spot on the Olympic team and the MVP award in the 1992 All-Star game out of pity resulting from his ? diagnosis the previous year.

"He couldn’t play much by that time. He couldn’t guard his shadow," Drexler is quoted as saying in the book. "But you have to understand what was going on then. Everybody kept waiting for Magic to die. Every time he’d run up the court everybody would feel sorry for the guy, and he’d get all that benefit of the doubt."

Drexler said in a phone interview that the quotes attributed to him were "totally ludicrous" and he has "no idea" where McCallum got them. In a statement released through the Houston Rockets, Drexler says he would’ve never said those things and that Johnson is one of his closest long-time friends.

"Magic and I have a friendship that goes back more than 28 years and I would never say such hurtful things," Drexler’s statement said. "I have reached out to Magic to assure him that I did not say those things and to apologize to him and his family for even having to respond to something as baseless as this."

McCallum’s book is due out on July 10.

On his Web site, McCallum said the excerpt is accurate. Deadspin.com ran the excerpt on Tuesday, and McCallum said the site mischaracterized the context. Drexler was referring to the opinion of many people in the league, McCallum said, and not specifically members of the 1992 Olympic team.

Drexler, now an analyst for the Rockets’ locally televised games, said in the statement that he was one of Johnson’s biggest supporters in the wake of the diagnosis that led to his retirement in November 1991.

"I take great exception to having such comments attributed to me," Drexler said.

"I have nothing but love and respect for Magic Johnson and all that he has accomplished in basketball and in life. I always took pride in being a great teammate throughout my career and I would never have made the statements that were reported in Jack McCallum’s book."

McCallum interviewed Drexler at his home and got the sense that Drexler felt snubbed when he wasn’t one of the first 10 players named to the much-celebrated team. He was added to the team later, along with Duke’s Christian Laettner.

McCallum said he didn’t feel comfortable writing about what Drexler said, but he stands by the quote.

"Now, is there an element of truth to it? I can’t say for sure," McCallum wrote. "What’s clear, though, is that it was extremely impolitic of Drexler to say it. And let me emphasize again that he wasn’t talking about the Dream Teamers, but more the league in general."

One key element excluded from the Deadspin excerpt, McCallum said, was that Drexler "stood tallest of all the Dream Teamers in welcoming Magic back to the league" in 1996.

Clyde baccslidin

Good cuz them comments aint a good look
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aone415 wrote: »
    even barkely was vocal about magic and him playing on the same court....

It wasn't Barkley, it was Karl Malone that was totally against Magic plying after the Announcement

"Look at this, scabs and cuts all over me," Malone, the Utah Jazz All-Star forward, said last Tuesday night in the visitors' locker room at Madison Square Garden before a preseason game against the Knicks.

He pressed a finger to a small, pinkish hole on his thigh that was developing into a scab. "I get these every night, every game," he said. "They can't tell you that you're not at risk, and you can't tell me there's one guy in the N.B.A. who hasn't thought about it."

http://www.slcdunk.com/2011/11/7/2544014/looking-back-at-magic-johnson-and-karl-malone-the-downbeat-614

during the olympics Barkley wouldn't go near him....
    barkley was one of the few that spoke their mind at the time about it...

Good ? ... so the two most country assed ? was on some ignorant/belligerent ? LOL

sign o the times....

we were all very ignorant about it at the time wouldn't you say?

i know i avoided the kids with aids at my school like the plague... you didn't?
    i mean we were never suppose to know who they were, but we always found out didn't we?

where the ? you go to school at?!

• d.green
    Options

No.

See....i did not say CLyde was not entertaining....i said VC was MORE entertaining.
  • ATTS
    Options

No.

See....i did not say CLyde was not entertaining....i said VC was MORE entertaining.

VC is the best dunker of all time.....thats his legacy
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn it just dawned on me that the only person i ever actually met who had aids (that i knew about) was magic johnson
  • blu197
    Options
    Vince didnt underacheive in Toronto ? them ? were never a favorite to win a title..

Tmac,Doug Christie and marcus camby left real early Vince was out there with scrubs
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince did almost take scrubs to the finals when they loss to Philly. I thought we was going to see Vince run the league but he never got that far again
  • ATTS
    Options
    Vince did almost take scrubs to the finals when they loss to Philly. I thought we was going to see Vince run the league but he never got that far again

2nd round is NOT almost entering finals......
    that was a good playoffs yr though........ sixers went to 2 game 7......... the next series against milwaulkee was GOAT also
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ vince carter vs the 76ers making its way into a thread about magic, aids, and drexler.

never should gave yall tha internet
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    even barkely was vocal about magic and him playing on the same court....

It wasn't Barkley, it was Karl Malone that was totally against Magic plying after the Announcement

"Look at this, scabs and cuts all over me," Malone, the Utah Jazz All-Star forward, said last Tuesday night in the visitors' locker room at Madison Square Garden before a preseason game against the Knicks.

He pressed a finger to a small, pinkish hole on his thigh that was developing into a scab. "I get these every night, every game," he said. "They can't tell you that you're not at risk, and you can't tell me there's one guy in the N.B.A. who hasn't thought about it."

http://www.slcdunk.com/2011/11/7/2544014/looking-back-at-magic-johnson-and-karl-malone-the-downbeat-614

during the olympics Barkley wouldn't go near him....
    barkley was one of the few that spoke their mind at the time about it...

Good ? ... so the two most country assed ? was on some ignorant/belligerent ? LOL

sign o the times....

we were all very ignorant about it at the time wouldn't you say?

i know i avoided the kids with aids at my school like the plague... you didn't?
    i mean we were never suppose to know who they were, but we always found out didn't we?

where the ? you go to school at?!

lol the kids at his school were ? each other raw