Is anyone here still checkin for a Rick Ross verse?

Options
LV_Don
LV_Don Members Posts: 350 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in The Reason
I was listening to that new Khaled joint with Kanye and Ross and just realized that I really don't give a ? about Rozay's verses anymore.

Ross used to be one of the best feature rappers in the game (Devil in a New Dress, I'm so Hood) but now I usually hit the fast forward button when he comes on...especially in that Power Circle joint "the square root of a kilo is me ? " wtf is he on about with that ? it seems like he's just mashing words together now.

He also killed the hype of Meek's Imma Boss once his verse started and nobody is checkin for his verses on those rnb songs aswell.

Thoughts??

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That verse on that Kanye song is wack...But the other two you mentioned in the OP aren't...And his verse on "Take It To The Head" goes...And he went hard on Self Made 2.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    of course me and my melanin encoated internet keyboard warriors still check for the brother sir rozay

there is an MMG meeting tonight at my local HBCU i encourage all of those down with the cause of uplifting afriKans everywhere to join in and say all hail to the darkskinted militia known as maybach music group

bow before your gods
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mmg verse area ll the same , they barely even change words. meek , wale and ross are so predictable as mc , its makes hearing new songs not as fun , when you know the next line before you even hear it for the 1st time
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said this ? last year. Dude is falling off as we know it. It's getting to a point where I can finish the last bar of his verses from songs I've never heard because because there's no effort. He doesn't even rhyme anymore.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    he has an album coming out. i'm more worried on Ross's album than a ? feature.

what u bums and keyboard squares, finna understand is that this is a business.

Ross is doin what Wayne did, once u climb to the top of the later, u don't need to climb no more= go hard.

Ross don't get features for quality, he gets features for being a hot commodity.
    he gets paid for being a big name. so he does what he's paid 4.
    every once in a while u get a sharp verse, but he's saving most of em 4 his project; ie "so sophisticated".

same goes for meek and them, they'll make a solid record and solid tape to keep their name out there and bubbling. Yet their still the hottest crew so, it's definitely working.
  • b@squ1@t redux
    Options
    lol @ somebody on an internet message board calling anybody else a "keyboard square"

lol @ "bawse" bein your screenname

lol @ lol'n
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross is no where near the level in popularity and success Wayne was so I disagree with that one poster entirely.
  • 209murdamike
    209murdamike Members Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    Options
    every day theres a new thread bout ross that do numbers so y'all care lol
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't like liers
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Was never checkin for rick ross verses after hustlin, He been Wacc

That 22's in room 2 twenty two's dipset line ended his career before it started for me then banks and fif basically exhumed him then bodied him again
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    never was checkin for a Ross verse
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never was checkin for a Ross verse

• b@squ1@t redux
    Options
    i stay checkin for the king of the gods and the earths sir william the great
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He talks about the same ? ... I used to ? with Ross but, nothings changed....

8.gif
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited June 2012
    Options
    lol@ da thread title yeah only on da reason on da INTERNET is wherr katz aint checkin fa ross imean ross only was voted hottest mc on mtvjamz last yr n da REAL WORLD smh....i swear u outta b livin under a roc or ya just a HATER whoz mad that rozay has been shittin on yall fa 6yrz straight askin that foolish question n da REAL WORLD cuz ross has been makin his haterz look STUPID shittin on them so much that he needz a PAMPER! ha
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    People actually checked for his verses? Why? He was never that great a rapper.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You crazy, his verse on "Ima Boss" was crazy. As much as I can't stand Ross as a rapper, that verse was a Top 5 verse of the year last year
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited June 2012
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    We off that Doggie it's 2012 we checkin' for that Fiddy album

lol@ that....i cant lie i get a kick outta lookin @ that muuuunkee n ya sig tellin ross 2 get away from fat joe sayin U KNOW HOW I GET I SERVE EM swingin n that fat joe funeral ? n 08 talkin about he does 700k on a DUD & now da muuuunkee cant even out sell RICK ROSS n da 2k12 yeah people is checkin fa ross versez thatz y hez out sellin WOODFACE imean ross has been shittin on his haterz fa 6yrz so i guess they have a rite 2 b MAD! LOL
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    We off that Doggie it's 2012 we checkin' for that Fiddy album

lol@ that....i cant lie i get a kick outta lookin @ that muuuunkee n ya sig tellin ross 2 get away from fat joe sayin U KNOW HOW I GET U KNOW HOW I GET swingin n that fat joe funeral ? n 08 talkin about he does 700k on a DUD & now da muuuunkee cant even out sell RICK ROSS n da 2k12 yeah people is checkin fa ross versez thatz y hez out sellin WOODFACE imean ross has been shittin on hsi haterz fa 6yrz so i guess they have a rite 2 b MAD! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O612ejBOyaM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ22YIYcaao&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tabernacle!

That Baboon was in another video dissing Fat Joe for moving 46K so when his weed plate drop and move 25K first week you know ? WillWigger and them Canadian peckawoods that worship 50's ? draws gonna be hotter than fish-grease and sicker than clap-? .

07 + 31 + 12 = 50

07/31/12 Murder by Soundscan Numbers
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was thinking about this very topic the other day

Rick Ross raps about the following:

mney, drugs, cars, watches, women (basically the ususal rap topics) and all of it sounds repetitive, I feel like he's not even trying anymore..

After Port of Miami and Trilla, everything else sounds the same
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    i feel like Ross just be taking games off. he still can do it when needed, but feels like he doesnt have to exert himself all the time. Plus he puts out so many verses, of course its gonna get to the point where its gonna be watered down, even if he was spitting heat like he did last year on "Lord Knows". he still does his thing sometimes like on "Sophisticated", even tho the rhyme structure itself doesnt call for that much effort in the first place. Biz has spoken.
  • Garv*
    Garv* Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ross doesn't stick to concepts a lot of the times, meaning his verses become interchangeable, i think i'm just tired of MMG in general.
  • mrbootleg
    mrbootleg Members Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Rick Ross isnt a great rapper he just knows what works good for him and makes good music that bumps. thats why i ? with rozay. He doesnt have that many quotables but his voice works on the beats he chooses.