G&S Are Black People's Emotions Used Against Them to Help Fund Their Own Oppression?

Options
Amotekun
Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Check out this little vid by Bro Polight

Are our emotions used against us so that we become distracted and swayed and taken off the path?
Do our reactions and perception lead us to fund our own oppression?

http://youtu.be/ApUoTx_cV6c

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black people as a whole really ain't ? ...........? pains me
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    i would believe so.

• Amotekun
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Black people as a whole really ain't ? ...........? pains me

If we aint ? it's because we made ourselves that way. If we're going to dead that then we gotta switch up the
    programming. The rhetoric and rah rah for the past 30-40 years hasn't been working. Gotta change ? up.

Black people not bein ? is a recent phenomena. Change that programming up.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Money, money, money bagz!
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    Hell yeah. The whole Black community can be in an up roar just by some random white person saying ? or chicken or nappy headed hoes.
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    cant see video...

but in reply to what you typed: thats not just black people. for instance look at politics. we all know the economy is ? ...people out of work. too much $$$ being spent on wars....etc. but look at what gets used to get peoples attention....

is obama american?
    abortion
    ? marriage
    what celebrity is sleeping with who
    playoffs in college football
    and on and on........

i guarantee when the election comes around it wont have anything to do with real issues...it will be about some trivial nonsense

edit: not sure if i answered you but yes our emotions get in the way at times
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    Money, money, money bagz!

What you gonna do with that money though?

Buy some land, property, hard currency?

or

Make it rain on some hoes at the stcrip club?

? make money all day. I see duns hustling all day problem is
    every dollar they make they send it right back into a white man's
    hands, or into someone's hands that don't give a ? about them.
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes because a reaction in most cases is defensive. When a person fights defence they are usually in retreat.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cant see video...

but in reply to what you typed: thats not just black people. for instance look at politics. we all know the economy is ? ...people out of work. too much $$$ being spent on wars....etc. but look at what gets used to get peoples attention....

is obama american?
    abortion
    ? marriage
    and on and on........

i guarantee when the election comes around it wont have anything to do with real issues...it will be about some trivial nonsense

government ain't ? ...

half of these politicians out here are hooking up with big corporations and fat cats.

i would like to think that if people paid attention passed the issues you have listed

? could make something happen, but people don't give a ? .
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    Yes because a reaction in most cases is defensive. When a person fights defence they are usually in retreat.

Black folks been keepin the defense on the field for 40 yrs and stay fallin for the play action.

We need to get back on the offense. I'm not talkin about some ? ass military action, I'm

talkin about securing economic sovereignty, building a foundation for our children to be able to

walk into and not have to start from scratch all over again and live a life of debt wealth and die broke

and busted because we failed to set up the board for them.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yep...word to ? moments and such
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To answer the thread title, yes. Controlling a group of people/or person at gun point is some basic barbaric ? . The real powers that be evolved with their covert tactics long ago. Using one's own momentum against them FTW, yes?
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good analogy Polight used with the Hulk and Thor (I think he meant Loki) scene from Avengers.

Remember, Hulk was melanated, too.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course. I blame people getting too caught up in their immediate environment and short term gratification (sex, fast money, drugs). Also organized religion, whether its Christianity or Islam, makes black people way too emotional to function properly.
  • Louis Cipher
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »
    cant see video...

is obama american?
    abortion
    ? marriage
    and on and on........

government ain't ? ...

half of these politicians out here are hooking up with big corporations and fat cats.

i would like to think that if people paid attention passed the issues you have listed

i wouldnt say that people dont care. its just that it seems like it takes so long to get things done that people get jaded by the whole thing.

i mean who wouldnt want healthcare?
    lower taxes?
    good schools?
    cheaper gas?

and i think thats what the powers that be count on. they can feed us some ? about abortion and/or religion and that will get people fired up so they arent paying attention to the new tax laws...or that we're still spending a billion a day in the middle east...
  • Kushington
    Options
    @publicenemigo1

ima buy weed. Then Ima smoke it. Then ima go out in the public and find attractive white women(no kat) to do strange things with me, cause white girls get super freaky at night

then ima dwell on the oppression of my people residing in the hood

then ima smoke again and everything will be okay

then ill go to the store and buy a bomb ass snapple...if theres a homeless ? outside ill give him the change cause im all for the struggle
  • Kushington
    Options
  • Amotekun
    Options
    cant see video...

is obama american?
    abortion
    ? marriage
    and on and on........

government ain't ? ...

i wouldnt say that people dont care. its just that it seems like it takes so long to get things done that people get jaded by the whole thing.

lower taxes?
    good schools?
    cheaper gas?

and i think thats what the powers that be count on. they can feed us some ? about abortion and/or religion and that will get people fired up so they arent paying attention to the new tax laws...or that we're still spending a billion a day in the middle east...

I agree with you Louis. Politicians play with people's minds all the time. People acknowledge the problem, but not viable solutions just more fuckery.

Kids are failing classes? Throw money at the problem
    We need more Healthcare. Throw money at the problem.

Why are kids failing classes? Could it be the way they are taught and what they are taught does not prove to be the best methodology for majority of children? Countries whose children are academically thriving what are their methods?

Healthcare. What the ? are people doing/not doing eating/not eating that has them so sickly and in need on constant medical attention. What can people change to alleviate or eliminate this issue.

Would healthcare be so necessary if people lived healthier lives?
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Kushington wrote: »
    @publicenemigo1

ima buy weed. Then Ima smoke it. Then ima go out in the public and find attractive white women(no kat) to do strange things with me, cause white girls get super freaky at night

then ima dwell on the oppression of my people residing in the hood

then ima smoke again and everything will be okay

then ill go to the store and buy a bomb ass snapple...if theres a homeless ? outside ill give him the change cause im all for the struggle

@kushington

Your sarcasm is noted. A lot of muphuckas in the so called conscious community are some frontin ass ? . Got the boots the Garvey colors the lingo, but are too afraid to fight intelligently and with clarity of vision. Duns wanna talk about all this ambiguous ? but when it comes down to gettin tangible results suddenly ? get scared talkin about how the white man gonna react.

? them pink toes though can't get with no more, poison the mind.
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To parapharase Malcolm X, in a revolution you may change your goals and your mind. Revolution implys 360 degrees of action. The battle for our liberation is economic, social, and political. On some parts of this planet ie, some African peoples will have to fight a hot war as the untouchables in India who's human situation is so dire, that they will have to fight a violent revolution in order to be free.
  • Louis Cipher
    Options
    cant see video...

is obama american?
    abortion
    ? marriage
    and on and on........

government ain't ? ...

lower taxes?
    good schools?
    cheaper gas?

I agree with you Louis. Politicians play with people's minds all the time. People acknowledge the problem, but not viable solutions just more fuckery.

Kids are failing classes? Throw money at the problem
    We need more Healthcare. Throw money at the problem.

Why are kids failing classes? Could it be the way they are taught and what they are taught does not prove to be the best methodology for majority of children? Countries whose children are academically thriving what are their methods?

Healthcare. What the ? are people doing/not doing eating/not eating that has them so sickly and in need on constant medical attention. What can people change to alleviate or eliminate this issue.

Would healthcare be so necessary if people lived healthier lives?

yep. all good points.

the problem is people want ez solutions to complex problems. there is no simple solution to the healthcare issue here. or education. but for whatever his faults atleast obama stepped up and said i have a solution to healthcare...and all the other side could do is try to tear it down. was his plan perfect? no. but neither is what we have now. its sad and kinda funny that some of the very people that the plan would help are against it. perfect example of being distracted by nonsense.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    ? is bigger than race. Bigger than White vs Black. Those in power are and have been lying to their own people as well. Got white people thinking there was really a thanks giving. Kids all dressed up acting out plays based on lies. They use their patriotism to make them believe it's noble to go fight wars that the politicians have armed.

The General public is stupid. All over the world.

Who ever created RACE was a smart muthafucka.

Look at all the politicians today. It's crazy people are voting for this ? .

The History channel is the ? Redneck channel. Redneck Wedding. Redneck Vacation. Redneck millionaires.

They dumbing down everybody.

The shahs of sunset

Then there's ? people on every show.

Y'all don't see that ? .

Look at all the housewives shows.

Humans been separated by race. Now each race, culture, group etc etc is being dumb down.

Not just Black People but every single human being on this planet needs to wake the ? up.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    To parapharase Malcolm X, in a revolution you may change your goals and your mind. Revolution implys 360 degrees of action. The battle for our liberation is economic, social, and political. On some parts of this planet ie, some African peoples will have to fight a hot war as the untouchables in India who's human situation is so dire, that they will have to fight a violent revolution in order to be free.

Can't have a revolution with no capital. Cant fight a war without a safe haven (territory) Can't win a war without allies.
    Right now Black people have zero allies anywhere.

In the 60's it was the USSR. We were convenient pieces to be used against the US and Britain during the Cold War, but now China could give a ? . Cuba aint bussin no grapes. No one is S America is coming to our aid.

Africa clay-davis.jpg

We have to get our money right first. We don't have it like that. At all.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    over_? wrote: »
    ? is bigger than race. Bigger than White vs Black. Those in power are and have been lying to their own people as well. Got white people thinking there was really a thanks giving. Kids all dressed up acting out plays based on lies. They use their patriotism to make them believe it's noble to go fight wars that the politicians have armed.

The General public is stupid. All over the world.

Who ever created RACE was a smart muthafucka.

Look at all the politicians today. It's crazy people are voting for this ? .

The History channel is the ? Redneck channel. Redneck Wedding. Redneck Vacation. Redneck millionaires.

They dumbing down everybody.

The shahs of sunset

Then there's ? people on every show.

Y'all don't see that ? .

Look at all the housewives shows.

Humans been separated by race. Now each race, culture, group etc etc is being dumb down.

Not just Black People but every single human being on this planet needs to wake the ? up.

Can't be concerned about everybody else though.

Can a drowning rescue another from the same plight?
    Or is it more sensible to secure your position before coming to the aid of another?