• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    some samoan ? called lu'au

he only eats it when his grandma makes it so i don't have a recipe
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plap you wouldn't have the benefit of knowing what a significant other is all about because ypu come from a home of broken dreams and hurt memories
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlie Danger vs Plap is always entertaining

Continue
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a bowl of lucky charms
  • Purr
    Options
    On topic...

bigkritburger10.jpg

I made this for my boo for father's day

It's call the KING burger

the recipe is below

bigkritburger7.jpg

Ingredients

For the burgers:
    1 lb ground NY strip steak
    1 tbsp heavy cream (optional)
    1 tbsp extra ? olive oil
    1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
    8 slices gruyere or provolone cheese, 2 slices per patty
    4 slices of tomato (I used beefsteak)
    1 large handful of arugula or leafy lettuce of choice
    2 hamburger buns, toasted (I used crusty vienna rolls)
    seasoning for the burgers (this can vary, use whatever you want)
    1 tbsp McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning
    ½ tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp granulated garlic
    1 tsp onion powder
    kosher salt
    For the shrimp:
    8 jumbo shrimp, peeled and de-veined, tails removed
    ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
    ⅓ cup italian bread crumbs
    ⅓ cup all purpose flour
    1 egg
    1 tbsp heavy cream or milk
    ½ tsp salt
    ½ tsp black pepper
    ¼ tsp Old Bay seasoning
    ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
    ¼ tsp paprika
    Oil for frying
    For the onion rings:
    1 large spanish yellow onion, sliced into rings
    1 qt. (4 cups) low-fat cultured buttermilk, or regular milk
    1 cup all purpose flour
    1 tsp seasoned salt
    1 tsp dried parsley
    1 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp paprika
    Oil for frying
    For the arugula-pesto mayo with capers:
    ¾ cup mayo
    2 to 3 tbsp extra ? olive oil
    1 cup packed arugula
    ¼ cup fresh italian parsley
    1 tbsp prepared pesto
    3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
    ½ tbsp lemon juice
    1 tbsp capers
    1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

Preheat the broiler on your oven.
    For the arugula-pesto mayo with capers:

Place all of the ingredients for the arugula-pesto mayo with capers into a food processor, and blend until creamy. Transfer to a small container and place in the fridge while you prepare the rest of your meal. When ready to eat, slather it on both sides of your toasted bun before building your burger.
    For the burgers:

Season the beef with the heavy cream, olive oil, worcestershire, and other seasonings. Divide the ground NY strip into 4 large thin patties, about a quarter of an inch thick and set to the side. Place a heavy bottom skillet (cast iron is great) over medium-high heat. Drizzle about a tbsp of olive oil into the pan and when the oil starts shimmering, you'll know its hot enough. Cook 2 patties at a time, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Repeat until all patties are cooked. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place 2 slices of cheese on top of each patty and set under the broiler on the lowest rack of your oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Don't take your eyes off this, it melts pretty quickly. Stack 2 patties on top of each other, making 2 large double cheeseburgers and pile with the rest of the fixin's.
    For the shrimp:

Heat about 3 inches of oil (I used vegetable) in a large ? (I used a cast-iron dutch oven) to 375 degrees. Rinse the shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel. Combine the egg, heavy cream (or milk), salt, pepper, old bay, cayenne pepper and paprika in a small dish. In a separate dish or ziploc bag, combine both the panko and italian bread crumbs. Place the flour in another separate dish or ziploc bag. You should now have a breading station set up in this order: flour, egg mixture, bread crumbs. Coat each shrimp with the flour and shake off the excess. Dunk it into the egg mixture ensuring it's fully coated, let the excess drip off, then toss the shrimp into the bread crumbs. Make sure you press the crumbs into the shrimp so that they stick. Fry the shrimp until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel, then place 4 shrimp on top of each Big KRIT "King" Burger.
    For the onion rings:

Soak the raw onion rings in buttermilk or milk, for at least one hour in the refrigerator. Mix together the flour, seasoned salt, dried parsley, cayenne pepper, and paprika into a medium bowl or large ziploc bag. After an hour, remove the onion rings from the buttermilk and immediately coat them with the flour mixture. You can do this in batches. Make sure they're fully coated with flour, then fry them all in 375 degree oil (you can use the same oil you used for the shrimp) for about 5 to 8 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Drain on a paper towel and season them with a little salt immediately out of the fryer. Place on top of your Big KRIT "King" Burger.
    Assembly:

Slather the mayo mixture on your buns, then pile some arugula or other leafy green lettuce of choice on top, then your double patties. Next top with the onion rings, then the shrimp, the tomatoes and top it off. You'll have two monster Big KRIT burgers that will feed two extremely hungry people. Great for sharing. Serve alongside sweet potato fries with sriracha-mayo for dipping. Delicious.

Note: Time everything as best you can so that everything is done at the same time. You can make the arugula-pesto mayo way ahead of time. The onion rings can soak hours in advance as well. Fry your onion rings and shrimp in the same ? (but not at the same time). If I were you I’d fry the onion rings first, then the shrimp. Leave the tails off the shrimp so that you don’t eat them, I only left them on so you can tell what they were. If you want, you could turn this recipe into 4 single patty burgers instead of 2 massive double-cheeseburgers. Just place two pieces of fried jumbo shrimp on each sandwich instead of four. Again, you could make a slider version of this so it’s easier to eat, haha!
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigkritburger10.jpg

looks good.

was bout to clown you for leaving the tails on the shrimp...but then i saw your note.

the wife likes red beans and rice with smoked sausage...jiffy cornbread....and dr. pepper.

recipe is ez dont feel like typing it all out

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Charlie be having that epic meal time
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steak and baked potatoe. I buy the potatoes you pop in the microwave and either grill the steak or saute it in butter on the stove with lots of onions and peppers. I use those grill mates marinades if I'm grilling. They are the best.but I only cook this for him if he is good. If he been ? up its tv dinners or hot dogs for him or nothing at all.
  • Louis Cipher
    Options

cooking like that...and if she give head...her dude won
  • Purr
    Options

We cook together on sundays. We have Peruvian sundays once a month and I learn a new Peruvian dish.

Ill upload some photos later from my instagram on my phone.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @charliedanger

That's too many m'? ingredients!! It looks tasty as hell tho
  • Louis Cipher
    Options
    @charliedanger

That's too many m'? ingredients!! It looks tasty as hell tho

its a hamburger with shrimp and onion rings...and some kinda special sauce...with a side of sweet potato fries...

you cant handle that?
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn these pics got me hungry like a ? now :(
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Louiscipher
    Did you see the ingredient list she posted? ? I counted bout 40 ingredients for her recipe
  • lighthearted26
    lighthearted26 Members Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn that stuffed manicotti look good as ? . I love anything stuffed with ricotta cheese. I need to learn how to make that.
  • Louis Cipher
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @Louiscipher
    Did you see the ingredient list she posted? ? I counted bout 40 ingredients for her recipe

so what? its still a hamburger with shrimp and onion rings...how hard can it be? all that ? is seasoning for the meat...it aint that bad
  • (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ramen-noodles-eat-cheap.jpg

*finish product will not look like picture*

Mofongo Ramen noodles

6 bags of chips
    4 ramen soups
    3 packages instant rice
    10 packages mackerel
    2 pre-wrapped "sausages"
    2 packages kipper snacks
    1 16-ounce bottle of squeeze cheese
    1 bottle ketchup
    Adobo seasoning
    2 garbage bags.

First, crush chips to powder. Mix with water to form a thick paste. Squeeze out excess water and deposit on opened garbage bag. Fold bag over top. Using a cylindrical deodorant container, spread thinly through the plastic, making sure no deodorant leaks out. Form a large rectangle of chip paste. When spread thinly and evenly, open bag.

Mix up soup, rice, according to directions. Do not use soup "flavor" packets. Mix in paint bucket 'til combined well. Spread in a "line" on chip slurry, about 18 inches long, 5 inches wide. Open mackerel packages. Squeeze out fetid, stinking fish slime. Set aside. Spread mackerel evenly along top of soup/rice line. Repeat with kipper snacks. Repeat with chopped "sausages". Apply most of ketchup to top. Top with all the cheese. Sprinkle liberally with Adobo for that blood-pressure-making Dead Sea salty flavor. Now, using bag, roll top of chip slurry over top of "line" much like a strudel. Seal with water. Brush with remaining ketchup mixed with fish slime. Cover wtih top of bag, and twist ends to retain shape. Insert into second bag.

Insert Mofongo into dishwasher. Run through three full cycles, Cut into thick slices; serve immediately.
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (UNKNOWN) wrote: »
    ramen-noodles-eat-cheap.jpg

*finish product will not look like picture*

Mofongo Ramen noodles

6 bags of chips
    4 ramen soups
    3 packages instant rice
    10 packages mackerel
    2 pre-wrapped "sausages"
    2 packages kipper snacks
    1 16-ounce bottle of squeeze cheese
    1 bottle ketchup
    Adobo seasoning
    2 garbage bags.

First, crush chips to powder. Mix with water to form a thick paste. Squeeze out excess water and deposit on opened garbage bag. Fold bag over top. Using a cylindrical deodorant container, spread thinly through the plastic, making sure no deodorant leaks out. Form a large rectangle of chip paste. When spread thinly and evenly, open bag.

Mix up soup, rice, according to directions. Do not use soup "flavor" packets. Mix in paint bucket 'til combined well. Spread in a "line" on chip slurry, about 18 inches long, 5 inches wide. Open mackerel packages. Squeeze out fetid, stinking fish slime. Set aside. Spread mackerel evenly along top of soup/rice line. Repeat with kipper snacks. Repeat with chopped "sausages". Apply most of ketchup to top. Top with all the cheese. Sprinkle liberally with Adobo for that blood-pressure-making Dead Sea salty flavor. Now, using bag, roll top of chip slurry over top of "line" much like a strudel. Seal with water. Brush with remaining ketchup mixed with fish slime. Cover wtih top of bag, and twist ends to retain shape. Insert into second bag.

Insert Mofongo into dishwasher. Run through three full cycles, Cut into thick slices; serve immediately.
    One of 20 ways to make a county jail spread (lol) as crazy as it sound, it sho was some good eating.

• Bookworm
    Bookworm Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fried chicken lol