posters who you think can't fight

Options

Comments

• Blank_Sinatra
    Blank_Sinatra Members Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? happened to Tommy's post and my reply to his post?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Lol @ this thread becoming an official "Above The Rim" discussion..

But one thing thats bothered me for years..

I never understood why Birdie took that fucken tournament so serious?

What was he trying to acheive by winning that comp?

He had money on it

He said "I got to much ridin on this ? " thats why he wanted kyle on his team so bad

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that Johnny bringing that pic here...why is that not a surprise...
  • Blank_Sinatra
    Options
    Ay is it just my imagination or are posts in this thread dissappearing?
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Mr.Audigier216 Members Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Naw they definitely disappearing......but to answer a few....Birdie had more than just money on it, he had connections with agents n ? that could prove to be lucrative later on if ? went pro..

I agree this was a classic movie, but as far as 2nd greatest bball movie of all time, I can't c/s that
  • Blank_Sinatra
    Options
    Audigier what you got as your top 5 basketball flicks?
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Options
    My 1st 2... Sunset Park, White Men Can't Jump....I put White Men Can't Jump above Above the Rim because it was damn sure funnier, basket ball scenes was bout the same tho, then i guess you can throw in Above the Rim, Coach Carter and then Glory Road ...Coach Carter because every single basketball scene was a set play that them ? had to learn n perfect during a camp they were put thru before filming, and Glory Road because I mean Cmon, the 1st African American starting line up to win a NCAA Championship, beating both Kansas and Adolph Rupps Kentucky.....classic
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    My 1st 2... Sunset Park, White Men Can't Jump....I put White Men Can't Jump above Above the Rim because it was damn sure funnier, basket ball scenes was bout the same tho, then i guess you can throw in Above the Rim, Coach Carter and then Glory Road ...Coach Carter because every single basketball scene was a set play that them ? had to learn n perfect during a camp they were put thru before filming, and Glory Road because I mean Cmon, the 1st African American starting line up to win a NCAA Championship, beating both Kansas and Adolph Rupps Kentucky.....classic
    what about "He Got Game" and LOLOL "Heaven is a Playground" and "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh"?

• Blank_Sinatra
    Options
    I hate Coach Carter with a passion.

I aint seen White Men Cant Jump since like 2001.

Need to go back to the drawing board and re-watch some of these.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Options
    what about "He Got Game" and LOLOL "Heaven is a Playground" and "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh"?

I guess I can throw He Got Game in a tie with Coach Carter because of the stroyline, plus Ray Allen was a pretty decent actor, but Heaven is A Playground just might be the worst of all time basketball movie, is rather watch Celtic Pride, 6th Man, Eddie n like Mike LOL
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    rosaio dawson was so ? sexy in he got game.....

2w5n5zt.jpg
  • Mr.Audigier216
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I hate Coach Carter with a passion.

I aint seen White Men Cant Jump since like 2001.

Need to go back to the drawing board and re-watch some of these.

Man how can u hate Coach Carter....LOL, the story was legit n like I said, the effort they put into the basket ball scenes is probably 2nd to none....them ? actually had to go thru skills camp, conditioning n ? , the extras had to all basically tryout
  • Blank_Sinatra
    Options
    Man "He Got Game" is a good movie.

Even with Ray Allen and his nasally voice, Denzel carried that.

Audigier you left that out bruh..
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Options
    Man "He Got Game" is a good movie.

Even with Ray Allen and his nasally voice, Denzel carried that.

Audigier you left that out bruh..

Yea but I edited after asked about.......Heaven is A Playground tho........SMH....that was just horrible
  • king hassan
    Options

I guess I can throw He Got Game in a tie with Coach Carter because of the stroyline, plus Ray Allen was a pretty decent actor, but Heaven is A Playground just might be the worst of all time basketball movie, is rather watch Celtic Pride, 6th Man, Eddie n like Mike LOL

That's why I LOL'd first when I mentioned Heaven is a Playground.

And on another note, can we discredit "Hoop Dreams"?
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Options
    the ? is wrong with coach carter?

sunset park>>> coach carter

I agree with this tho

• Blank_Sinatra
    Options
    Hey hold your horses cuzzy..

Hoop Dreams is real life, that aint no motion picture.

That will fall under the documentary category.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Blank_Sinatra
    Options
    Man every time I watch Hoop Dreams (47 times I estimate) I feel so bad for William and his fam.

His brother actually got clipped not too long after that..

But William always looked so depressed.

I think livin in Cabrini Green destroyed that dude's ambition.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wonder what ever happened to them two ? in hoop dreams
  • Blank_Sinatra
    Options
    Vader..

They both became pastors at their respective local churches.
  • king hassan
    Options
    Vader wrote: »
    wonder what ever happened to them two ? in hoop dreams

Williams is a pastor at a N Side church, that's actually where Cabrini was, on the N side, they all gone now. And his brother got killed about 4 years ago.

Agee still trying to hoop and got a gang of kids, his pops Bo got killed about 4 years ago as well. Some of my homies were in the movie at the various schools they were playing. Juwan Howard was in there too
  • Mr.Audigier216
    Options
    I forgot about GOAT with Don Cheadle