man the japanese are sick

Options
Dupac
Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
i mean, i know about miike takashi, and old boy, audition.. i know about tokyo gore police, and all the gorn movies and what not... i know about all that ? ...i've seen some of the worse, but it's like ///whatever.. them ? just like weird ? ....

but i just came acorss this movie called battle royale...

? 's ridiculous...

basically you know how most movies may go crazy, but they really don't ? with kids much???

well this ? is about a island of 9th graders who have 3 days to either killl every other 9th grader on the island, or they all die....survival of the most savage......

i'm like 20 mins into this and it's already the most disturbing ? i've ever seen...

and i've seen ? like ichi the killer and bloodfeast 2

like real talk...

Comments

• Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds similar to the Hunger Games ? though
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Battle Royale - great film.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    That movie was the ? no one was ? with those chicks.. that ? is a must see
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    being a fat ? i don't consider hunger a game, so i boycotted "hunger games" off of the name alone.....
    lol bruh
    U funny as hell..

• Dupac
    Options
    ayo... this movie battle royale is the ? ? !!!!!!1
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You were ? if you got that ? backpack
  • Dupac
    Options
    man i had to turn that ? off, ? is too trill to watch at work.. i gotta be able to shout ? like

"o ? !!!"

"gott dayum"

"what the ? !!"
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this came out 10 yrs before hunger games
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They just put it on Netflix so I might have to check it out.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dunno that movie was kinda whacc and boring to me and i like strange movies
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    that stone cold steve austin movie, The Condemned, is a knockoff of Battle Royale. There's also another movie called The Tournament, where 30 of the world's most deadly assassins face off in some random town and fight til there's one left.

the premise of BR is based on fact. The Japanese needs to control their population, so stuff like this is thought of in some form of entertainment.

Remember, a couple years ago when they had that baby formula contamination, where something like 66 babies died, and another 300,000 got sick? A form of population control. Years before that, powered milk killed some babies, and a few years before that, baby food and formula was contaminated to control the population.

Battle Royale is more of a political statement than entertainment.

good movie though. there is a part 2, and another 2015 remake on the way.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^What? Only thing I ever heard about the japanese population was that they needed to start having more kids.

Far as the movie goes. Saw it a year or two ago. Was a little long, but okay. The amputee scene in 13 Assassins was nastier than anything I saw in BR and that wasn't even that bad.
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    r.prince18 wrote: »

this came out 10 yrs before hunger games

I was speaking more to the cultural comparison than the timeframe
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was ? but it ws good. saw it a long ass time ago.
  • Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw this movie like 10 years ago.. Yeah it was good
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's a good movie but I wouldn't classify it as "sick"...
    I've seen some ? movies that would make this flick look like an ABC after-school special.
    And that Gogo ? from ? Bill was in "Battle Royale"....I'd smash that little ?
  • Thegreatone3
    Thegreatone3 Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow your late with that film. There's a second one too.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah BR is a classic i wouldnt say its the sickest ? flick tho, i remember watchin one were this chinese girl was being sexually abused since she was a child then one day she snaps and rips the guys ? off then goes on a murder spree, it wasnt the best film but it had some sick scenes, does anybody know the name of this film?

I tried watchin BR2 but got bored and turned the ? off.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah BR is a classic i wouldnt say its the sickest ? flick tho, i remember watchin one were this chinese girl was being sexually abused since she was a child then one day she snaps and rips the guys ? off then goes on a murder spree, it wasnt the best film but it had some sick scenes, does anybody know the name of this film?

sounds like your typical, I Spit On Your Grave: Day of the Woman, or the original Mother's Day (and 2011 remake)
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah when Hunger Games came out I heard the movie you're talking about was compared to Hunger Games.

it was listed as movies like Hunger Games.

It also sounds like Lord of The Flies a little
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^What? Only thing I ever heard about the japanese population was that they needed to start having more kids.

Far as the movie goes. Saw it a year or two ago. Was a little long, but okay. The amputee scene in 13 Assassins was nastier than anything I saw in BR and that wasn't even that bad.

Yeah, he's getting Japan mixed up with China or something. Japan has one of the oldest populations in the world, and there are reports that a lot of the younger Japanese have no interest in sex at all let alone procreation.
  • Dupac
    Options
    ? 's normally make gross out ? .....shi't that's just ? because watching it it's ? ....

what ? me up about bttle royal was the thought of12-13 year olds murking eachother like that....

i mean true the actors were not 7th graders by a long shot...

but that's what they were portraying.....even if they were supposed to be 16-17 11th or 12th graders it wouldn't be that bad... but forcing 12 year olds to murder each other ...? that's what blew me....

i mean look at season 4 of the wire....the fact that these were kids is what had the whole country hooked on that show...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of these Koreon flicks are ? too. Watch the movie, "I saw the devil."