Religions logic

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Comments

• Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol "We know the Bible is true because it says its true"
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    what kinda multi regional accent is that?
  • VIBE
    Options
    The DNA ? was hilarious
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "I had a dog for 15 years guess what... It's still a dog"
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guess what?...Still a dawg...
  • VIBE
    Options
    LOL @ the evolution thing and the dog still being a dog, that's DoU right there. I think DoU even asked why computers do not evolve.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what kinda multi regional accent is that?

He is a waffle..... and you ? gettin kicks off the ? are Toms

• VIBE
    Options
    LOL @Bambu aka "boo hoo" getting offended.
  • bambu
    Options
    I'm not offended fella.... but I see through your ? and slick talk. Carry on......

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    Options
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Actually hilarious....
  • bambu
    Options
    beenwize wrote: »
    Lol

I did not let you out of time-out son....

• G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The whole religion vs. atheist discussion is stupid on both ends. It's funny how some atheists try to look down on those that are religious because they believe in unseen things out of a book, yet the atheists does the exact same thing. Most atheists don't have the tools necessary to conduct experiments so therefore cannot witness these things on their own, yet believe that atoms, sound waves. etc. exist because some "reputable" scientists have said so in books. Not saying I don't believe these things exist because I do. Just saying that you can't scream facts,facts,facts in such a discussion if you haven't witnessed these things yourself. The argument always ends up about opinions. I smh at that ? .
  • maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    thesiah91 wrote: »
    The whole religion vs. atheist discussion is stupid on both ends. It's funny how some atheists try to look down on those that are religious because they believe in unseen things out of a book, yet the atheists does the exact same thing. Most atheists don't have the tools necessary to conduct experiments so therefore cannot witness these things on their own, yet believe that atoms, sound waves. etc. exist because some "reputable" scientists have said so in books. Not saying I don't believe these things exist because I do. Just saying that you can't scream facts,facts,facts in such a discussion if you haven't witnessed these things yourself. The argument always ends up about opinions. I smh at that ? .

Scientist Who Don't Know Each Other & Have Tested it Over & Over. Which is a Pretty Reliable Sources as Far as Sources go, But More to the Point. No Atheist is Certain, Well at Least I'm not & most I Talk to all say I’m an atheist because I think the religion hypothesis is implausible and unsupported by any good evidence. A Smart Atheist Knows there is Nothing that can be Proven or Disproven with a 100% Accuracy, So It Kinda Boils down to Best Case Scenario as Opposed to I Feel it in My Heart or the Book say so as Religions TALK! Atheism isn't Selling Anything ..Religion is!
  • bambu
    Options

Scientist Who Don't Know Each Other & Have Tested it Over & Over. Which is a Pretty Reliable Sources as Far as Sources go, But More to the Point. No Atheist is Certain, Well at Least I'm not & most I Talk to all say I’m an atheist because I think the religion hypothesis is implausible and unsupported by any good evidence. A Smart Atheist Knows there is Nothing that can be Proven or Disproven with a 100% Accuracy, So It Kinda Boils down to Best Case Scenario as Opposed to I Feel it in My Heart or the Book say so as Religions TALK! Atheism isn't Selling Anything ..Religion is!

It seems to me like both sides are pushing an agenda....

• maestro_lungs
    maestro_lungs Members Posts: 255
    Options
    bambu wrote: »

Of Course There are Activist in Every Thing, But The Majority of Atheist don't Have a Agenda & Hardly Ever talk About ? ! They Not The Ones in Front of Abortion Clinics or Bombings! When was the Last time you saw a Atheist on the Corner Handing out Atheist Items or Wanting to talk about How There is NO ? With Random Strangers? It Don't Happen & It's Dangerous, So Most stay to Themselves!
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How are you pushing an agenda in unbelief? You don't know what you're talking about.

• bambu
    Options

How are you pushing an agenda in unbelief? You don't know what you're talking about.

Really ... you atheists try to "convert" people to your ideologies just as much if not more than Christian missionaries....

And you don't know what you speak on sir....

The dude that I had a dialogue with was in another thread "recruiting" individuals to join his athiest group...(kind of like the typical religion modus operandi)

Still salty???....
  • Bodhi
    edited July 2012
    Options

Really ... you atheists try to "convert" people to your ideologies just as much if not more than Christian missionaries....

The dude that I had a dialogue with was in another thread "recruiting" individuals to join his athiest group...(kind of like the typical religion modus operandi)

Still salty???....

If that's the case, everyone has an "agenda". An agenda to gain friends, an agenda to earn an education, start a family, an agenda to learn through discussion.

Not salty. Just calling it how I see it.

Religion is the agenda. To disbelieve in the agenda is not itself the same "agenda".
    For instance, and for arguments sake.. you say the agenda of racist european society is the theory of evolution. You disbelieve in that "agenda". To teach anyone anything other than evolution or anything against evolution is your own agenda, but it's not necessarily the same agenda. Regardless, you have an agenda.
  • Bodhi
    Options

false
  • bambu
    Options

Still salty???....

If that's the case, everyone has an "agenda". An agenda to gain friends, an agenda to earn an education, start a family, an agenda to learn through discussion.

Religion is the agenda. To disbelieve in the agenda is not itself the same "agenda".
    For instance, and for arguments sake.. you say the agenda of racist european society is the theory of evolution. You disbelieve in that "agenda". To teach anyone anything other than evolution or anything against evolution is your own agenda, but it's not necessarily the same agenda. Regardless, you have an agenda.

Exactly......

So for an atheist that has "recruited" on this forum to state that atheism is not selling anything while religion is, is extremely disingenuous

• Bodhi
    Options

Still salty???....

Exactly......

so your comment was unnecessary and redundant

• bambu
    Options
    ^^^^^ You ignored the best part....

"So for an atheist that has "recruited" on this forum to state that atheism is not selling anything while religion is, is extremely disingenuous"
  • Bodhi
    Options
    ^^^^^ You ignored the best part....

"So for an atheist that has "recruited" on this forum to state that atheism is not selling anything while religion is, is extremely disingenuous"

No, I ignored the ? .

Asking for fellow atheists to join a group discussion for intelligent conversation is not the same as religious brainwashing and indoctrination.