WWE vs TNA: Which is BETTER? (my opinion)

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
I've watched the WWF/WWE for almost all my life, I took a break around 2003-2007, watched a small amount then recently got back into it in 2010-2011. The WWE has changed dramatically from what it once was to today. It's lost greatness within feuds, rivalries, storylines & overall entertainment. Vince killed wrestling after buying WCW & ECW and burying them.

Recently got into TNA in 2011, a company that's been around for 10 years. Now, it took me a while to shake the WWE brainwashed ? I've seen, I mean ? , we haven't had anything else besides WWE for at least 11 years ON TV! ? is crazy. Anyways, as I watch TNA, I clearly see how much better it truly is over the WWE. The only problem that exists? We can't shake what the WWE puts out, no matter how bad it is, we watch and still think the WWE is better. This company destroyed 2 other companies, two other GREAT companies (WCW had it's downfall, yes). So when there's only one show to watch, you get use to it's commentary, faces, names and Hollywood entertainment ? . If you can stop and shake that, you WILL see that TNA is >>> by miles.

TNA vs WWE

1. Champions-

TNA:

TNA World Title: Austin Aries
Television Champion: Devon (Dudley)
X-Divsion Champion: Zema Ion
TNA Tag Team Champions: Christopher Daniels/Kazarian
TNA Knockout's Champion: Brooke Tessmacher
TNA Knockout's Tag Team Champions: Eric Young & O.D.B

WWE:

WWE Champion: CM Punk
WHC: Sheamus
Tag Team Champions: Kofi & R-Truth
Divas Champ: Layla
IC Champion: Christian
US Title: Santino

TNA has the better lineup. With the exception of the Knockout tag champs ("married" couple), because they don't have much going for them there, TNA is murkin' the WWE. Austin Aries just gave up his X-Division title for a shot at the World Title and won, had this been the WWE, whoever would've sacrificed the title would've lost and no sense would've been made. TNA is constantly pushing new talent as of late. Former World champ was Bobby Roode, TNA's creation golden boy.

TNA's tag division is miles better, they actually have great teams to put together. Their television championship feels old school, and I love that. It's also not a title that gets passed around often either, you'd think so because a "tv title" wouldn't be relevant, but it is. Their X-Division is ultimately a Crusierweight Divsion, something the WWE is lacking heavily. Quality matches, high flyers and amazing moves and finishes.

Their women's "Knockouts" aren't models who can't wrestle, they're WRESTLERS who are WOMEN. Their women put on 5 minute matches and are QUALITY.

2. Feuds-

TNA:

AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels & Kazarian: great storyline that started between two friends Kazarian and AJ, led to Chris leading Kazarian heel, then exposing AJ for ? TNA President Dixie Carter and now fathering a child from another woman.

Joseph Parks/Abyss vs Bully Ray: this storyline is great, Joseph Parks is Abyss' brother (both the same person) who is a lawyer who came to TNA searching for his "brother" Abyss, who went missing after facing Bully Ray (Bubba Dudley). Bully and Joseph face off here and there and Abyss makes few appearances. Bully Ray is the ultimate heel of TNA, great ? .

These two are the main feuds currently and their recent ones were also good, such as; Hogan/Garrett Bishoff vs Eric Bishoff, Bobby Roode vs James Storm (break-up of Beer Money), Crimson vs Samoa Joe and Matt Morgan, Angle vs Sting, Hardy vs Angle, Fortune vs Main Event Mafia....

WWE:

Currently it's Big Show vs whoever, John Cena vs whoever and Punk vs Bryan. There's no substance to the feuds, there's no sense to them either.

3. Wrestling & Entertainment-

TNA hands down, they have about 4 different angles/storylines going for different groups/wrestlers. The WWE only has AJ.

TNA, on Spike every Thursday. Starts at 8/7c.

I swear, once you get use to it, you'll see it's better. TNA reminds me of a very young WWE/WCW. Theyre slowly growing, their Thursday Night Impacts are >> than RAW & SD!, their PPV's are better.

They deliver quality matches, feuds and storylines. They're brining in new talent every month. They don't over saturate their shows with the same ? . There's no "super" anything. They have so much going for them, they need to grow a bit more then travel. With the right direction, they can bring in TNA vs WWE and be serious competitors. Watch TNA, you won't be disappointed.

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i started watchin wwe/wcw in 1998 and ecw/various indy's in 1999, and since then wwe imo has always been last in terms of wrestling talent/matches(except in the last couple years of wcw) which isnt talkin down on them cuz wwe was still good and the storylines had it over the top(attitude era) as wcw and ecw died, there was an indy called nwa wildside(where people like aj styles got there start) then TNA formed, i was hoping tna would be a bigger production version of them(since both were under nwa at the time) or ecw, but since then ive been underwhelmed with wrestling, TNA has always had the better wrestling matches/talent imo, but their mis usage of them imo and lack of good storylines makes me not even watch them now a days for long periods of time, so i gotta say wwe better. i also was a die hard fan of raw and smackdown til round 2004 but then i just became a casual watcher for years, until the cm punk ? , but now i see that was just them givin false hope. hopefully a good story line comes around and they stick to it.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    since that ecw dvd dropped, i been researchin wrestling a good bit tho, tryna see what it was that i was so into thats missing now. kinda wish i had more access to promotions like ring of honor
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ring of Honor does come on tv does it?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    i think TNA has been better this year. last year it was dead even. 2008-2010 WWE was clearly better. 2006-2007 TNA was better only because WWE was so bad... And thats basically where i'm leaving it at. i think lately tho RAW has regressed, but Smackdown still be putting on decent matches.

At the end of the day the dudes checking out for RAW will never watch TNA no matter what or ADMIT that they do, until it becomes popular to watch a wrestling company named TNA. Until then it is what it is.

I love to watch and critique both companies.

i think internationally though TNA is alot bigger than people think it is .. surprisingly. Its not like here in the states.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    i check for raw and would gladly admit to watching tna, if i thought it was good consistently, austin aries is a step in the right direction, i did check for it today tho, not bad

and i think ring of honor is syndicated, couldnt find any listings for where im at tho
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • deadprezadentz
    deadprezadentz Members Posts: 106
    Options