The Official Big Brother 14 Thread

Options
deadeye
deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
First episode was tonight and it looks like it's gonna be another interesting season.

They brought 4 vets back into the house to act as coaches: Janelle, Dan, Mike Boogie, and Britney.

Each coach has 3 houseguests on their team, and the coach will win $100,000 if their guest wins Big Brother.

Only thing I don't like about the show so far is that some of the houseguests picked either resemble or act (sometimes both) like previous houseguests.

Lol @ the black chick being the first one to be kicked out tonight.

She didn't even get a chance to compete in a veto...which leads me to believe she's probably going to have an opportunity to come back at some point.

Basically, the first competition was 4 teams.

The coach of the team that came in first place got to choose which one on their team would be HOH.

The coach of the team that came in last place had to decide which one on their team was getting evicted.

Feeds aren't up yet, but I'll be recording Big Brother After Dark tonight and watch some of it in the morning.

I've just gotta remember that not everyone gets the feeds or Showtime...so I have to be careful not to post any spoilers.

Comments

• sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Options
    I like all 4 of the coaches they brought in! Janelle especially, her season was one of my favorites.
    However, since we're 'expecting the unexpected' ... The mentors might enter the game later on.

I love Survivor, so I spotted Russell Hantz brother immediately. lol @ nobody wanting him.

I knew the black lady wasn't going forward lol, I think he should've kept her for strategic purposes.

I don't usually watch BB AD until a few more people are evicted...
    It's a lot more interesting to me for some reason with less people in the house.
  • deadeye
    Options
    I'm starting to think they brought in the coaches for a ratings boost more than anything.

I know it's still early, but none of the new characters really seems interesting.

Janelle and Boogie (love him or hate him) have huge fan bases...in terms of Big Brother of course.

So, more people will probably watch just to see them.

When you think about it, strategically speaking...these really weren't the best selections for coaches.

Janelle got played by Chilltown in the All-Star Season, Britney got played by the brigade, Boogie wouldn't have gotten as far as he did if it wasn't for Will carrying him and Dan...well...you've got to give him credit for winning the whole thing, but I don't really think of him as a master strategist.

'Would've been better if Evil ? and Dr. Will came back as coaches.

• sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Options
    You don't think so? Britney not so much, but I thought Dan played a near perfect game! loved that season.

Have you watched any of the feeds/AD yet today? Wil was immediately annoying. Have no opinion on the other newbs yet
  • deadeye
    Options
    I've been watching AD.

It seems like the lines are being drawn early, but it's still too early to tell whether those lines will hold throughout the entire season.

From what I've seen thus far, it looks like somebody is going to get backdoored.

Even though Will didn't win the POV, that move might come back to hurt him next week if no one in his alliance wins HOH.

Will and Frank were talking in the hammock talking ? about the coaches...basically saying that they're gonna play their own game regardless of what the coaches think.

Frank said "what are they gonna do if they don't like our moves? They depend on us...we don't depend on them."

I'm thinking the coaches might end up getting some sort of special decision making power it was implied in the season opener that there was going to be a new power.

They really have to do something because if the rest of the guests start thinking like Will and Frank, the coaches are gonna become irrelevant.
  • elgato
    elgato Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    Options
    I hope the coaches become irrelevant. If I was a first-time houseguest, the last thing I'd want is for a bunch of known, manipulative BB experts to be in control of my fate in the game.
  • deadeye
    Options
    elgato wrote: »
    I hope the coaches become irrelevant. If I was a first-time houseguest, the last thing I'd want is for a bunch of known, manipulative BB experts to be in control of my fate in the game.

I'm thinking at some point there might be some kind of twist or something that gives the coaches a chance to get back in the game.

The more I think about it, it's starting to look like a ratings/sympathy play to give Janelle and Britney another chance to win it all since they got screwed by their teammates the last time.

I'd be ? too if I was a newbie and that happened because that would mean the vets would get a chance to win the whole thing without being in danger of getting evicted during the first few weeks of the game.

Definitely an unfair advantage.

• elgato
    Options
    I'm just glad they didn't bring back Rachel and "Brennen".
  • deadeye
    Options
    Yeah, they were starting to get annoying.

It actually wasn't that bad when it was just Rachel and just Brennan in the house, but they were annoying when they were together.
  • deadeye
    Options
    It went down last night on Showtime 2.

Not going to give any spoilers, but expect to see the highlights either tonight or on tomorrow's show.

I'm interested to see how they're gonna edit everything.

The producers have a tendency to edit in a way that favors one guest over the other.
  • elgato
    Options
    Damn, Russell...I mean Willie.

Britney's team is screwed. With only 9 people left only 2 weeks into the season, I don't see how they CAN'T bring the coaches into the game now. They have to have more people.
  • BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boogies going to win
  • deadeye
    Options
    Boogies going to win

Only way he has a chance is if he's in the final 2 with Dan.

Otherwise, I don't think anyone in jury would vote for somebody who already won it before.

• BlackxChild
    Options
    They usually vote for the best player and if you watch showtime youd know what he just did.
    Boogie got the other coaches to turn on Janelle and shes on the block and shes been exposed for her lies and Boogie has started a super group
  • deadeye
    Options
    Yeah, I already knew about that.

Thing with Boogie is, the only person who genuinely likes him is Frank.

Britney just dropped a dime to Ian about what Boogie really thinks about him, and Jen doesn't care for him either.

If he's in the final 2 with somebody like Ashley, Joe, Jen, or Will he'll win, but if he's sitting next to anybody else he's only gonna get 2nd place.

That's why he didn't press the reset button to get back in the game this past Thursday.

He knew the best he could hope for would be a 2nd place finish for $50,000 less than what he could've won as a coach...$100,000.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Things change and the way players view the game when they get to jury completely changes.
  • deadeye
    Options
    'Was watching Showtime last night, and I almost feel sorry for Janelle.

She has absolutely no clue about what's really going on in the house.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frank lives on the block
  • deadeye
    Options
    lol.

Janelle tried to play it off while talking to Julie, but she looked genuinely ? when she heard their goodbye messages...especially Boogie's.

He ethered her and she caught feelings and called him a ? .

Joe probably felt like an idiot because he's totally out of the loop and only voted for Janelle because he thought he was voting with the majority.

He doesn't understand that no one talks game with him anymore because he runs his mouth too much and tells Janelle everything he hears.

Same thing that got Janelle kicked out of the game...too much he said/she said ? .

It'll be interesting to see who Frank puts up now that he's HOH again.

• TheIraq
    Options
    I would be shocked if Frank doesnt put Shane up
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dam im late as ? to this thread.

so yall seeing frank going against the "shhhhhhh club" already? nahhhhh

joe, will, ashley, or jen going home next week.
  • TheIraq
    Options
    Im thinkin Joe will go home
  • deadeye
    edited August 2012
    Options
    TheIraq wrote: »
    Im thinkin Joe will go home

Yeah, nobody really ? with Joe anymore.

He thought he'd be safe by cooking for them all the time, but all that did was ? them off by using up and wasting all the food for the week.

They were complaining a few days ago about him using up all the chicken ? and avocado.

• deadeye
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    I don't follow the show nor have I ever watched it but if anything when this thread picks up or when the new season starts just send me a PM or "@" me if you want me to sticky the thread.

Apologies to the posters whose other threads I stickied too late, I can't be everywhere at once but I'll try to be more on point next time.

Regards,
    Sion.

@Sion.

Props.

Please sticky the thread.

• deadeye
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »
    I don't follow the show nor have I ever watched it but if anything when this thread picks up or when the new season starts just send me a PM or "@" me if you want me to sticky the thread.

Apologies to the posters whose other threads I stickied too late, I can't be everywhere at once but I'll try to be more on point next time.

Regards,
    Sion.

@Sion.

Props.

Please sticky the thread.

It's been done fam

'Preciate it.

• elgato
    Options
    Wil and Ashley are idiots. They voted out the one person who'd never nominate them in Janelle. Now the guy they saved put one of them in the block.

Janelle tweeted today something about Britney being dumb for turning on a girl and that she's about to get Brigaded again.

Frank is still Boogie's puppet.

Have you guys been seeing how crazy Danielle is on the feeds?