Bobby Bowden ETHERS Joe Paterno

Options
GettinLo
GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/562407/Bobby-Bowden-says-take-down-Paterno-statue.html?nav=742
"Should his statue be removed? I hear that [on TV]. In my opinion, yes," Bowden, former head coach at Florida State, said by phone Thursday.

Bowden said for Penn State to move forward from the Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse scandal, it cannot have such a visible and symbolic reminder of Paterno outside the stadium.

"Every time somebody walks by and sees that statue, they're not going to remember the 80 good years," Bowden said. "They're going to remember this thing with Sandusky.

"It is so unbecoming of Joe," Bowden said. "It's just so unbecoming. I've known him since 1962, and I've always looked up to him, and I still do. I looked up to him as a man who's infallible, who just did everything right except one disastrous mistake, and that's not reporting that thing to the proper authorities."

Bowden said he was hoping that when the facts of the case were revealed, that they would have shown Paterno was not aware of the allegations against Sandusky.

"It looks like the facts are different, and I'm just sorry that he and his family have to go through this," Bowden said. "But let me say this: That's not as sorry as I am for those young men that for 10 years got sexually abused when it could have been stopped."

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wtf
    and I've always looked up to him, and I still do
  • GettinLo
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    wtf
    and I've always looked up to him, and I still do

I think he meant in the Win column

• shieky
    shieky Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is there such a thing as diplomatic ether? I think we just witnessed it..
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eddie robinson>>>joe paterno
  • GettinLo
    Options
    I just realized that Bobby Bowden Ethered a dead man...

I guess that's double ether

CuriousGeorge-Ether.png
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bobby still mad about the wins that got vacated

But he did speak some real ? tho
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Bobby won.... the media pushed Joe over him cuz his program wasnt ethical and in the end Joe was enabling a child molester irony for yo ass

TRUTH at da bolded bruh
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bobby won.... the media pushed Joe over him cuz his program wasnt ethical and in the end Joe was enabling a child molester irony for yo ass

TRUTH at da bolded bruh

its funny how this world works.... they assumed and forced Bobby out... I bet they wish he had the most wins record now vs Paterno....
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TRUTH at da bolded bruh

its funny how this world works.... they assumed and forced Bobby out... I bet they wish he had the most wins record now vs Paterno....

and bobby bowden has always been a much better person away from the game than paterno, even before all of this stuff came out
  • GettinLo
    Options
    @matt- I look @ Bowden like I looked at Tark... they took chances on kids that dudes like Paterno and K would dismiss... sometimes it worked out and other times you got Peter Warrick and Richie "the Animal"Adams
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He spoke the truth. Some people (like Paterno's son) try to downplay what happened and say ? like "it's only a small part of his legacy". Nah mufucka, it's only a small part because people didn't know about it while it was going on at its peak.

I don't feel any sympathy for the program or Joe Paterno, they put their school/football program over the well being of violated children. I don't think their football program will ever recover.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    down2earth wrote: »
    He spoke the truth. Some people (like Paterno's son) try to downplay what happened and say ? like "it's only a small part of his legacy". Nah mufucka, it's only a small part because people didn't know about it while it was going on at its peak.

I don't feel any sympathy for the program or Joe Paterno, they put their school/football program over the well being of violated children. I don't think their football program will ever recover.

@ The bold, I know another person that can attempt to use that same excuse about his legacy....

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S33882,_Adolf_? _retouched.jpg/230px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-S33882,_Adolf_? _retouched.jpg[/img]

When you do something absolutely ? up (like genocide or cover up of multiple molestations) that "first time offender" ? don't fly.

This ain't a DUI, bruh.
  • #1 pick
    #1 pick Members Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bobby was cheating
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's crazy that even after Penn State found out about the molestation ? , they still allowed Sandusky to operate on

school grounds, smh...That ? 's deeper than what was told in the media, but it will all get buried now that the child

molester will rot in jail.
  • Trockm
    Trockm Members Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Bowden, he knew what was going on in that entire situation. Trying to cover it up after all those yrs. Yeah everything that man has down regarding football should be shut down. It's not fair to the players that had nothing to do with it but, at least they can transfer to a better school.
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would pay just to watch Barry Switzer, Bobby Bowden, and Steve Spurrier sit in a room and talk for 2 good hours.

It would be like a white football coach version of Chappelle Shows "Haters Ball". lol

I would watch that, especially an unedited version, the funny part is I'd probably only understand half of what they ere saying

Got no problems with what Bowden said

• GettinLo
    Options
    #1 pick wrote: »
    Bobby was cheating

Bobby was doing what everyone else was doing... HOWEVER, Jimbo Fisher never got caught ? little boys in the shower
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How do you not blow the whistle, unless you've been doing the same thing and you can " understand" the sickness. Joe P might not even be dead. He mightve faked his own death cause he knew the worst was yet to come. Sandusky couldnt squeal on a dead man. Now we have letters surfacing from Joe or statements he made before he died. Yeah right. It's obvious this was a coverup on a grand magnitude and dont think it stops here. They're still covering for ole Joe Pa, who might be on a island somewhere. When this story first came out, I told one of my friends, dont be suprised if Joe P takes sick all of a sudden. What happened. This man has been in and out of the hospital for the last few years with bone fractures, hip problems and whatnots. The lid comes off this powder keg and ole Joe gets terminal cancer. It might sound conspiracy buffish, but when you have millions of $ at your disposal, and legions of blind, moronic followers, it wouldnt be too hard to slip off into oblivion.
  • GettinLo
    Options
    plocc wrote: »
    How do you not blow the whistle, unless you've been doing the same thing and you can " understand" the sickness. Joe P might not even be dead. He mightve faked his own death cause he knew the worst was yet to come. Sandusky couldnt squeal on a dead man. Now we have letters surfacing from Joe or statements he made before he died. Yeah right. It's obvious this was a coverup on a grand magnitude and dont think it stops here. They're still covering for ole Joe Pa, who might be on a island somewhere. When this story first came out, I told one of my friends, dont be suprised if Joe P takes sick all of a sudden. What happened. This man has been in and out of the hospital for the last few years with bone fractures, hip problems and whatnots. The lid comes off this powder keg and ole Joe gets terminal cancer. It might sound conspiracy buffish, but when you have millions of $ at your disposal, and legions of blind, moronic followers, it wouldnt be too hard to slip off into oblivion.

While what you say isn't true... I've had these same thoughts... It just seemed too convenient that Paterno dropped dead once the allegation proved to be true and it was shown that he did nothing to stop the Tickle Monster.

They should exhume Paterno's body to verify that he's actually in that casket
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mindright wrote: »
    I would pay just to watch Barry Switzer, Bobby Bowden, and Steve Spurrier sit in a room and talk for 2 good hours.

It would be like a white football coach version of Chappelle Shows "Haters Ball". lol

I would watch that, especially an unedited version, the funny part is I'd probably only understand half of what they ere saying

Got no problems with what Bowden said

You just need to learn how to speak C.A.C'ese and C.A.N'ese.

C.A.C (country ass cracka)
    C.A.N (country ass nikka)

C.A.N'ese is my native language so I'm straight. lol

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    the truth hurts
This discussion has been closed.