Paranormal Activity 2

Options
Beysusthagreat
Beysusthagreat Members Posts: 21
edited February 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Showing that Paramount intends to rake every dollar out of "Paranormal Activity" that it can, the studio has hired screenwriter Michael R. Perry and director Kevin Greutert to bring "Paranormal Activity 2" to theaters. And not only is it coming, it's coming quick. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the studio intends to have the sequel face off against the next "Saw" this Halloween weekend.

While Oren Peli won't be directing the he told the trade "These guys get it, an the fans won't be disappointed."

Peli, who is producing alongside original partner Jason Blum, is putting a lot of confidence in Greutert, who edited the first five "Saw" movies and directed the sixth. Perry, is a longtime TV writer ("The Guardian") who made waves on 2009's Black List (a competition where agents and execs select their favorite spec scripts).

No word on whether "Paranormal Activity 2" will be the film's actual title or what the storyline will be, but don't expect a massive increase in budget. Peli has kept busy with "Area 51" which Paramount will release later this year.

The last time a phenomenon like "Paranormal" rushed out a sequel was a decade ago when "Book of Shadows: The Blair Witch Project 2" was a massive disappointment without the original filmmakers involved. Peli and Blum appear to be involved to make sure that scenario doesn't repeat itself.

Comments

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Who cares? The first one was ? as ? . Thumping Noises??? A slightly moving door??? That's scary? They might as well have flat-out called movie audiences ? .
  • marie addams
    marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
  • purecomp
    purecomp Members Posts: 535
    edited January 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Who cares? The first one was ? as ? . Thumping Noises??? A slightly moving door??? That's scary? They might as well have flat-out called movie audiences ? .

FOH

The first one was dope. It was better than them cheesy ass movies where white girls run from some slow walking killer and still get caught.

Paranormal Activity >>>>>>>>>>
  • adorable thughighnes
    adorable thughighnes Members Posts: 1,788 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    purecomp wrote: »
    FOH

The first one was dope. It was better than them cheesy ass movies where white girls run from some slow walking killer and still get caught.

No, the movie was an all time worst movie candidate.
  • purecomp
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No, the movie was an all time worst movie candidate.

You probably think The Hangover was the funniest movie of 09, huh?
  • stoneface
    edited January 2010
    Options
    purecomp wrote: »
    FOH

LOL, you obviously havent seen an actual good, well made horror flick. Whatever fool...
  • purecomp
    edited January 2010
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    LOL, you obviously havent seen an actual good, well made horror flick. Whatever fool...

Such as...
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The next SAW?

That franchise needs to die.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Damn I just woke up from trying to watch the first paranormal on DV D... seriouslly I did... Please stop making movies like this. I was highly upset I spent money at the video store and kept it longer than I should so I could watch it. Now I have a damn late fee and the movie was terrible.
  • nikki07
    nikki07 Members Posts: 6
    edited January 2010
    Options
    There's no point in making a part 2, the first one was jokes. It was a comedy more than a thriller/horror movie and most people who saw it, including me, were upset cause the movie was a big let down.
  • bluntone
    bluntone Members Posts: 358
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Damn, I didn't even see the first one yet.
  • stoneface
    edited January 2010
    Options
    @purecomp

The Exorcist
    The Thing
    Night of The Living Dead
    Dawn of The Dead(original and remake)
    The Ring
    The Sixth Sense
    Alien
    Evil Dead
    Creep Show
    It
    The Night Flier
    CandyMan
    Jacob's Ladder
    The Shining
    What Lies Beneath
    Drag Me To Hell
    A Tale of Two Sisters
    Land of The Dead
    Audition
    The Descent

...just to name a few. And these are the popular ones. These=good, entertaining horror flicks.
    Paranormal Activity=ass on film/waste of time/money
  • bluntone
    bluntone Members Posts: 358
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ok, I seen this piece of ? movie. It was super ? and not scary at all. You don't even see the good point (the girl killing her man). And her rocking back and forth for hours and then getting shot, was crazy wack.
  • radaman
    radaman Members Posts: 11,912 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    wack juice, miss me with a part 2...