2013 Baseball Hall of Fame Ballot

Options
Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
edited July 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Barry Bonds
Sammy Sosa
Mike Piazza

These men are on the ballot for the first time. Who gets on and who don't? Do you believe Bonds and Sosa especially should and will get in?

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Roget Clemens too. I forgot him. A mod could edit that
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mike piazza...no roids
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol. thats the entire list? i guess i'd have to say Piazza. it would be great to see piazza and clemens get in at the same time, and have piazza throw a bat at him during the ceremony.

but bonds aint gettng in now, nor will clemens, or that cracka sosa.

its also Biggio's first time, Julio Franco (surprised he isn't still playing somewhere), and Curt Schilling.

Lee Smith probably gets in
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bonds will get in but it will take him a couple of years. Piazza should get in but some people out there think that he might have done roids too so who knows.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    Lol well those are the "controversial" ones.

Race will come into play cause they will vote clemens in before bonds
  • Matt-
    Options

what about Palmeiro and McGwire who haven't been voted in?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those voters need to get off their high horses and let the obvious hofers in. Sosa and Mcquire ain't no hall of famers, all they did was hit homeruns. Dudes like Bonds, A Rod, Palmiero,Piazza,etc are clearly multi tool players beyond slugging.

Baseball voters are like republicans, they are always on some protecting some righteous belief system as if they got supreme morals and preserving something.

Lots of dudes take HGH and ain't buff (see cyclist) and it damn sure doesn't help you with hand eye cordination or to hit a curve ball. How many bums took steroids and never achieve the level of Bonds, A Rods success
  • bigev240
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

Palmeiro screwed himself with that finger wag at congress.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bonds and clemons should get in, they were HOF before the alleged steroid use. Sosa I always thought he was overrated and his alleged steroid use helped him. Bad fielder, average base runner, struck out a lot trying to hit home runs, didnt hit for average
  • Matt-
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

Palmeiro screwed himself with that finger wag at congress.

all the other screwed themselves with the steroids connection. its not about race
  • Matt-
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    bonds and clemons should get in, they were HOF before the alleged steroid use. Sosa I always thought he was overrated and his alleged steroid use helped him. Bad fielder, average base runner, struck out a lot trying to hit home runs, didnt hit for average

none of that will matter
  • bigev240
    Options
    From here on out everybody is going to question if this player or that player has taken riods or anything else.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    I never understood Baseball's argument against steroids. If I take steroids will I hit 762 homeruns? Probably not. Bonds was a HOF before steroids and so was Clemens. Steroids really gives pitchers an advantage if anyone.
  • Matt-
    Options
    I never understood Baseball's argument against steroids. If I take steroids will I hit 762 homeruns? Probably not. Bonds was a HOF before steroids and so was Clemens. Steroids really gives pitchers an advantage if anyone.

well, it is illegal for one. and if some pitcher gets drilled by a line drive hit from the bat of a steroid user, then they are gonna get sued for allowing an illegal substance in their sport that is known to increase strength. its more to it than just "steroids will make you better"
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasn't aware HGH increase strength, i thought i helped you recover from injuries and repair tissue. People act as if Bonds took steroids and sat on the couch all day eating bon bons. The man put in the work in the gym, if anything all hgh is help his body repair broken down tissue and recover faster.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Bonds will get blaccballed for the way he treated the media/steroid allegations

Clemens will be an interesting decision for them

Sosa has no chance

Biggio is in there, the only players in history to have 3000 hits and not make the hof are pete rose and rafeal palmeiro

Mike piazza will make it his numbers are better than johnny bench's in damn near everything
  • detcatinva
    Options

Sosa has no chance

Biggio is in there, the only players in history to have 3000 hits and not make the hof are pete rose and rafeal palmeiro

Mike piazza will make it his numbers are better than johnny bench's in damn near everything

in my opionion biggio shouldnt be in the HOF. he was good for a long time but not HOF worthy. He got 3000 hits but he played for like 23 seasons
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sosa has no chance

in my opionion biggio shouldnt be in the HOF. he was good for a long time but not HOF worthy. He got 3000 hits but he played for like 23 seasons

C/s
    If longevity is more relevant than actually producing, then Jamie Moyer will also be a 1st ballot HOF despite his ? stats.
  • Matt-
    Options
    3000 hits gets you in. the baseball hof is a numbers game more than any other. it doesn't matter how long it takes.

300 wins is usually another milestone. it took randy johnson 22 years to get there.

biggio is no scrub that just hung around forever and had nothing else going for him.

he won multiple gold gloves at a position he didn't even come into the league playing. several all star appearances, was almost always top 10 in the league in runs scored, i remember dude always getting doubles and always a threat to steal bases.

i hate the whole "first ballot hall of famer" ? . either you are good enough or you aren't. and biggio was one of the best players to watch during the 90's. He's a lock. just a matter of when.
  • Matt-
    Options
    if they let clemons, or bonds, or any of the steroid guys in they they have to let them all in.

mcgwire will be first, if any of them gets in. After that, they'll all start to get in. but its just gonna take one
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sosa has no chance

Every single member of the 3000 club played a minimum of 18 seasons

That's an accomplishment you can only reach with longevity

• Matt-
    Options
    lol. wonder what his secret is

original.jpg
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol. wonder what his secret is

original.jpg

thats barry bonds? wow..........not so big without them roids...smh

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Bonds and Sosa aint getting in there no time soon
  • detcatinva
    Options

Sosa has no chance

Every single member of the 3000 club played a minimum of 18 seasons

That's an accomplishment you can only reach with longevity

i cant think of one defining thing biggio has done. biggio has just been a consitstenly good player. not HOF. If biggio had 2500 hits I dont hink he would be in the discussion for HOF. he would end up like your boy ron santo and take him until the veteran committee to vote him in. but because he has 3000 hits he is now a lock. i just dont see it.