how close do u have to be to go to someones funeral?

Options
texasdaking88
texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
My 2nd cousin lil sis died(22) and he wants me to come.. now me and dude ain't really that close or cool in the first place and I ain't really close to that side of the fam.. @ least not that far in.. I understand he family and all but I really don't even know her other than her name.. I mean, idk..

How close do u have to be to attend a funeral?

Comments

• Tommy_Milfhitta
    Tommy_Milfhitta Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo b, they related to u. Do we really need to convince u?

If a relative of a friend past away I wud still go. Its not so much the dead person u doin it for, its just showing love and condolences for 4 the bereaved family.
  • supYo
    supYo Members Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • texasdaking88
    Options
    They related by marrige.. and like I said, I barely even know them like that.. and the funeral like a hour away.. I mean I feel u on they family, but I barely know any of the people that will be there since I don't really ? with that side of the fam..but I feel ya
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the 1st 3 letters in funeral are f-u-n

keep that in mind!
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    You didn't know her like that so I understand why you feel like you don't want to go.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just go, b....ain't like its gonna ? you
    AHAAA!!!
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Its more about showing support and he wants you to go. Its not like you going there just to be seen and act out like a lot of these ? actin out at funerals.
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My highschool teammate got killed we was cool but not like we were ? . Im still gonna pay my respects.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    really close....and then I'd probably still wouldnt go

• texasdaking88
    Options
    @unspoken respect .. y would u assume that if obviously I don't wanna go?? Act out? For what? I don't have any emotions tied to the person nor situation.. plus I've only got emotional @ 2 funerals, when my grandma died and when my 3 year old niece died last year .. I honestly hate funerals cuz Alot of cats go overboard with ? .. wayyyyy overboard.. and I hate the ? preachers say.. like when my cuzzin died 2 years ago and the ? on stage talking bout hell and some ? about 12 foot worms and big ass turtles..
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My friends mom died and I went to her funeral and it was funny

Everybody was uncontrollably crying and jumping on the casket a couple of people fainted
    it was a good show
  • Copper
    Options
    black folks do put on some GOAT funerals...you can even get u a free tee with the honoree's face and all
  • texasdaking88
    Options
    @ my uncle funerals i almost ? on myself when this old woman he used to ? fell over on my back, yelled Hallelujah, and fainted.. then after it was said and done, I busted out laughing thinking about it during the funeral.. I hid it acting like I was choked up tho..lol
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maaaaan I've been to funerals for ? that were family friends of cousins I'd never even heard of...Its the only time my family ever get together...except for weddings...but them ? are scarce...? don't propose these days
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I've been to funerals of ppl I wasn't particularly close to b/c I was very close to a family member of theirs. 1 of my best friends from HS had her closest cousin die. I knew him b/c we all went to HS together but we weren't cool like that. I went b/c she begged me to come.

If its fam I usually go regardless. Even if u don't ? w/ that side or part of ur fam it's a good time to meet & get to know ppl or see the ones ur cool who u don't get to see often.
  • Copper
    Options
    "OH lawd whyd u have to take lil pookie??"
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hate funerals. Never went to my homeboys mama funeral. Never went to my ex's father's funeral. Never went to my other ex mama's funeral (that was out of town tho). Smh. I should've gone tho. Kinda regret it.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can't stand people who say, 'i don't do funerals" because they are too sad.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ive been to funerals of folk wasnt close too out respect to the person I knew they were kin to. If its family Im gonna go anyway to keep in touch with other fam that will be there as well.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all be taking pictures of the body tho
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @unspoken respect .. y would u assume that if obviously I don't wanna go?? Act out? For what? I don't have any emotions tied to the person nor situation.. plus I've only got emotional @ 2 funerals, when my grandma died and when my 3 year old niece died last year .. I honestly hate funerals cuz Alot of cats go overboard with ? .. wayyyyy overboard.. and I hate the ? preachers say.. like when my cuzzin died 2 years ago and the ? on stage talking bout hell and some ? about 12 foot worms and big ass turtles..
    My bad homie. Read what I said again. I left out the word "not". No disrespect. Just saying you're going on invitation and don't have an agenda. He wants you to go so why not show support?