I was listening to Nas "Life is Good"

Options
H-Rap 180
H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Reason
I really liked the production and the R&B guests.

It has a nostalgic vibe but still seems fresh.

Thoughts?

Comments

• goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a VERY solid album.. hope it wins an award
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like the album a lot. I purchased the the deluxe version. "Black Bond" is crazy. One of my favorite of all time Nas tracks.
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    @Mumo

I'm not done with my review yet but I will drop it when I'm finished.
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wish I could have seen that untitled review
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    Wish I could have seen that untitled review

It got deleted and I don't know any way to retrieve it...
  • Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    Options
    stay is one the best hiphop jazz fusion of all time and i love that vibe to death
    no introduction reminded me of illmatic times the beat is jazzy and blue while the lyrics are hard with no hook
    locomotive is 90's song
    bye baby is a great relationship song
    accidental murderers is a dope collaboration
    black bond and roses are dope
    the joint with anthony hamilton is soulfoul and great
    mjb hook is on point
    whole album actually is a classic it's not that average hiphop album it got more content with dope lyrics
  • blazn101
    blazn101 Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The first 5 tracks and how they lead into each other just set the tone of the album for me. It's like he's looking back to move forward. i didn't think i would like too many of the R&B features, but to me it went with what he wanted to do with the album.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fifth classic album, NAS THE GOAT
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I play that ? all the way thru everytime and the only skip is "Summer on Smash".
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    yeah ...funny how even tho them rnb joints sound like some new edition spliced with some late 80's luther he still pumped out a once in a career record ..... i mean even tho half the album sound like he comin for drake's king of rap'n'b crown the ? still blessed us with that undeniable material .... only joint that i thought was out of place was that summer on smash ? ... smh @ swizzy always fuckn up a nasty nas collabo .... its crazy cos i was listening to some frankie beverly and maze the other day off the iphone ...and that "you wouldn't understand" joint came on and i didn't even realize the artist had changed ..... its like the music flowed seamlessly ...amazing really .....the don took it to the whole new level with this one ...

real talk he need to get Freddie Jackson, Burt Bacharach, The Commodores Gap Band .....and the ill revived hologram Rick James together and take this record on tour B ...... ? would have the summer on smash forreal ...

life is good...
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That SOS joint wouldn't be bad if Swizz wasn't growling all over the chorus. The beat and verses are actually solid.
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    CainMarko wrote: »
    I only skip one song and that's the joint with Mary on it. To me seems like that song was rushed and no time was taken with the production.
    Bruh.

I thought Mary J redeemed herself for Braveheart Party LOL.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Jus when im bout to log out and get some sleep .......

I came in here quick when i saw the thread title. I thought H-Rap wuz breakin down each song and reviewin the whole album like he did Untitled years back. That thread wuz beyond classic and it made me sign up for the IC.

to answer your question: id give the production an A-. Thats a near perfect. I feel like Salaam and I.D did what Ye and Just did in BP1. Plus the hooks wuz excellent. The only song that dont belong there is SOS. I say LIG is Nas 5th Classic.(Lost Tapes wuz his 4th)

You Wouldnt understand reminds me of the mid 90s. I feel like a G-rap or A. Cruz feature would hav done more justice.

The Untitled thread by H-Rap was the greatest thread in Reason history and the reason I started posting on the IC. However you feel about H-Rap, you can't deny he is one of the best posters and thread makers in the history of The Reason. He inspires me to try to stay on par when I make threads.

Salute.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was listening to GFID and I thought, damn....

LIG >>>>>>>>>> GFID
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt know i was walkin into a h-rap ? suckin marathon

errr-wrong-room-o.gif
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol i wonder how swizzy feels when he hears folks saying ... YO THAT WHOLE ALBUM IS DOPE EXCEPT SOS LOL !!!!!!!! ;)

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    LIFE IS GOOD IS 1 OF THEM ALBUMZ U GOTTA BLOW SUM XO 2 NAS DROP'D A GREAT ALBUM....

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If the production complimented his lyrics, LIG would easily be a 4 out of 5. As of right now, its a 3 out 5 and easily forgettable.
    ? forgives, V6 mixtape >>>>> LIG
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It had the classic fusion of hip-hop styles and Jazz that brought a soulful and mellow sound.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't skip a single song on the album. Unlike most Nas fans, I can listen to club tracks and commercial tracks and see it for what it is. SOS was decent to me and didn't take away from the album at all.

? , I actually like Oochie Wally, You Owe Me, Hate Me Now and a couple other of Nas commercial-like song. I'm not that uptight Nas fan that wants dude to make Illmatic 10 times, nor am I the dude who wants Nas to do a million AZ cuts over Premo beats lol.
  • SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas really gave us an retrospective album with the production, and a modern day rhyming scheme, but still keeping it lyrical.

*goes to play Life Is Good*

• SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Co-Sign to all of those who got the Deluxe version of Life Is Good
  • melanated khemist
    melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
    Options
    great album, imo NaS killed the songs with the R&B features.

3:45 am can’t sleep, can’t dream
    I’m stuck, money problems pop up
    How will I survive, guess it’s best to decide not to decide
    So that’s my decision
    Whatever happens happens