The "New West" got the best prospects?

Options
jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Reason
Simple question.

The South currently got Cole, Lopez & KRIT but that's pretty much it, and I'm lost for new talent on the East.

The midwest of course has a future one hit wonder in Chief Keef and that new kid on MMG Rockie Fresh but looking at the "New West" (Nipsey, Glasses, Black Hippy) are they the best prospects for cats who everybody will be listening to for the next say 5 years?

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The east has Meek Millz, ASAP Rocky, Joey Bada$$, French Montana, Fred Da Godson.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote:
    Simple question.

The South currently got Cole, Lopez & KRIT but that's pretty much it, and I'm lost for new talent on the East.

The midwest of course has a future one hit wonder in Chief Keef and that new kid on MMG Rockie Fresh but looking at the "New West" (Nipsey, Glasses, Black Hippy) are they the best prospects for cats who everybody will be listening to for the next say 5 years?
    ?
    Thats the only south dudes makin noise that you know of?
    Anyway the south generally dont have prospects. The artists just come out and go for what they know.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? is a joey baddass
    and that goombaw faced ? ain't going no where.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your list is all over the place, how's Glasses Malone a prospect?
  • jono
    Options
    Cats down South tend not to stick around very long. But I can see that at the very least Cole & KRIT will be around for awhile longer.

I've seen Joey Bada$$'s video and I dunno if I trust the kid's longevity. I still haven't checked out his mixtape either. I dislike Fred The Godson, but he's been around for awhile so I guess I should have added him.
  • jono
    Options
    I forgot about ASAP Rocky, he's pretty dope, a bit strange for a NY ? but kinda refreshing because of the difference in influences.

Meek is well kind of a given so I didn't mention him.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    The east has Meek Millz, ASAP Rocky, Joey Bada$$, French Montana, Fred Da Godson.

thats terrible honestly

Midwest is the best talent wise to me, Stalley, Freddie Gibbs, Fly Union, LEP Bogus Boyz, Rockie Fresh, the whole Chicago drill scene, underground guys like Rashad, Fly Union, Chip the Ripper, GLC, The Boy Illinois, Jon Conner. Mainstream guys like Cudi, Big Sean, Kanye West
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Cats down South tend not to stick around very long. But I can see that at the very least Cole & KRIT will be around for awhile longer.

I've seen Joey Bada$$'s video and I dunno if I trust the kid's longevity. I still haven't checked out his mixtape either. I dislike Fred The Godson, but he's been around for awhile so I guess I should have added him.

Like Gucci,Jeezy,Cashmoney,Rick ross, who are several albums deep and still hot? or the others, cause you never know. But no need to defend the south. I really dont understand the concept of prospects cause here in the south artists aint tryin to wait and miss their chance. Rather have a hit than be nothin.
  • jono
    Options
    LEP Bogus Boys are pretty dope...they remind me a little of Mobb Deep. I'm not down with the "drill" movememnt though but I won't say it couldn't take the nation by storm. King Louie is ass cheeks though.
  • jono
    Options
    Gucci aint hot up here anymore lol.
    Besides all them cats are established. I'm talking NEW faces.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options
    This ? just said the South ain't got stayin power like the West ain't been a wasteland for the past 15 years.

• jono
    Options
    Why you getting so emotional breh? I'm from Detroit anyway and its just a question lol.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    Will_89 wrote: »
    This ? just said the South ain't got stayin power like the West ain't been a wasteland for the past 15 years.

Yeah, thats what i was commentin on and all these people with hits out here. But hey reality is reality so sometimes gotta leave this place alone and go back to the real world. Hahahahaha
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options

well theirs Cole, Jay Electronica, KRIT, Future, Currensy, BOB, Yelawolf, all them Texas rappers, Rapsody (dope female rapper)
  • jono
    Options
    Rapsody is dope I ? with her.
    ? seem to sleep on Yelawolf though.
    B.o.B & Curren$y have pretty good followings and have for awhile. Too bad a lot of cats ? on B.o.B for making "pop records".

Jay Electronica is a ? that's been on the cusp for about 4 years or some ? like that.
  • NoCompetition
    Options

Just mentioned him cause he been around since about 05 and still out. As an example of stayin power.2 chains, Future have been all over the radio lately. Just 2 examples.
  • jono
    Options
    Oh okay I see. Future...time will tell I guess. 2Chainz is hot right now but he's a bit of an anomaly because he's not really "new" but he's not established as a solo artist yet. I guess Juicy J would qualify too then.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Rapsody is dope I ? with her.
    ? seem to sleep on Yelawolf though.
    B.o.B & Curren$y have pretty good followings and have for awhile. Too bad a lot of cats ? on B.o.B for making "pop records".

Jay Electronica is a ? that's been on the cusp for about 4 years or some ? like that.

lets be honest, when he's not making blatant pop records like Magic or that Taylro Swift, his music is much better
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options
    Gucci's latest mixtape damn near has 500k dls on Datpiff, somebody's still bumpin him
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    This my point and ill leave it alone. You always hear about west "prospects" but they never make no hits. K lamar, N hussle, J rock, etc.etc. I dont have a problem with them but Ive never heard them played. Meanwhile the south has no hype, the artists show and prove continually, and some people dont like it. Reality over hype. Hahahaha
  • Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote:
    Simple question.

yeah black hippy , nipsey hussle,g.malone, yg, tyga, dom kennedy and dont forget freddie gibbs is repping for the west.
    but you cant find new talent on the east here is some listen to troy ave's mixtapes they are fire and listen to the new chinx drugz ? riot is bangin
    action bronson ? is cool
    maino got a group called the mafia are pretty good
    the new banks mixtape is fire
    loso's mixtapes are good
    joey badass
    asap rocky
    meek mill
    the east coast is still reppin boy
  • jono
    Options
    That's true though. But I suppose that's what makes the South unique. Usually in places like the West & East you have to bubble for awhile before cats catch on (I.E. French Montana) but down South ? come out of nowhere.
  • Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    Options
    the south got trae the truth and his group a.b.n renegadez and ther r crazy i dont i guess texas is the hardest in the south plus bun b,slim thug,les
    atlanta got jeezy ,t.i, luda and future and waka and gucci
    fat boy and drumma boy repping for memphis
    miami is killin wit ross and ace hood plus gunplay and torch are killin it with the mixtapes they should all make a group with trina like the junior mafia of miami
    the souyh may be aint that lyrical but the ? south go hard
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's true though. But I suppose that's what makes the South unique. Usually in places like the West & East you have to bubble for awhile before cats catch on (I.E. French Montana) but down South ? come out of nowhere.

What down South ? you know that came out of nowhere?
  • Billy_Poncho
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »

What down South ? you know that came out of nowhere?

Cashout