Legit Reason's to why Tech N9ne is not top 10 Material

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Reason
I mean dude is probably one of the most versatile rappers of all time. He's done everything from club bangers to horrorcore. Plus he has one of the greatest flows in hip-hop period.

Comments

• YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank ? you got rid of that damn ? in your sig....I was about to flag you for "abuse".
    and Tech N9ne's juggahoe affiliation is why he's not a top 10 anything.
  • SecondChanceBro
    SecondChanceBro Members Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably because he does Horrorcore, WTF is that?
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Yamoley wrote: »
    Thank ? you got rid of that damn ? in your sig....I was about to flag you for "abuse".
    and Tech N9ne's juggahoe affiliation is why he's not a top 10 anything.

I change my sig every 5 days
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Probably because he does Horrorcore, WTF is that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horrorcore
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as far as flow i say Twista still got that one ... that dude is super sick with it ....
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as far as flow he's top 10. some people can't get down with some of the stuff he raps about, he can go all over the place with it but his overall skills and technique is unquestionable.
  • genocidecutter
    edited July 2012
    Options
    as far as flow he's top 10. some people can't get down with some of the stuff he raps about, he can go all over the place with it but his overall skills and technique is unquestionable.

Him going all over the place is what makes him so great
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I started listening to him last year so I can't rank him all time yet. But I would top 10 him for right now, I'm glad he's getting some shine.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aint gon front I was late on da Tech N9ne bandwagon cuz back when i was in high school only white juggalos listened to him so I thought he was a devil worshipper since he was affiliated wit ICP. then one day somebody posted sumthin on facebook nd his flow captivated me so dude told me go bump his older ? like anghellic, absolute power, nd vintage tech so i went on youtube nd started ? wit him more. top 10 flow easily but his content held him back as far as status
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    u said it ya self 'HORRORCORE'
  • antarticp
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    u said it ya self 'HORRORCORE'

man that shouldnt even matter he could be rapping about being a kindegarden cop ... if the flow is sharp metas are there and it makes sense once its breaking down .... you gotta give dude his props
  • GeE-757
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »
    man that shouldnt even matter he could be rapping about being a kindegarden cop ... if the flow is sharp metas are there and it makes sense once its breaking down .... you gotta give dude his props

RAPPIN ABOUT WEIRD KILLIN ? NEVA MAKEZ SENSE...
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never go back to the horrorcore ? (which I'm assuming is his older material).

I ? with stuff from Everready to today, I can't ? with stuff before that.
  • antarticp
    edited July 2012
    Options

RAPPIN ABOUT WEIRD KILLIN ? NEVA MAKEZ SENSE...

whats the difference between horrocore ... and street rappers talking about shooting they own people and turning the rest into zombies and bragging about reaping the benefits from it ....??????????????

if you minus all that bs out ... you have structure ... and tech def has tons of hip hop structure in his fllow and approach to crafting his music .....

this is why i can respect a Nas but also appreciate Eminem for his lyricism .... as well as someone like The Lox ... etc ......... i look @ your approach ...... which is why i like these artist but respect guys like waka, gucci, shawty lo etc..... but i really dont check for them like that cause thier approach to the music is so simple to the point there is no strategy or approach outside of having a dope beat and a tight hook ......
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I never go back to the horrorcore ? (which I'm assuming is his older material).

I ? with stuff from Everready to today, I can't ? with stuff before that.

I'd highly recommend listening to his earlier albums. Preferably Anghellic
  • GeE-757
    Options
    whats the difference between horrocore ... and street rappers talking about shooting they own people and turning the rest into zombies and bragging about reaping the benefits from it ....??????????????

if you minus all that bs out ... you have structure ... and tech def has tons of hip hop structure in his fllow and approach to crafting his music .....

this is why i can respect a Nas but also appreciate Eminem for his lyricism .... as well as someone like The Lox ... etc ......... i look @ your approach ...... which is why i like these artist but respect guys like waka, gucci, shawty lo etc..... but i really dont check for them like that cause thier approach to the music is so simple to the point there is no strategy or approach outside of having a dope beat and a tight hook ......

smh@ u tryna compare horrorcore wit GANGSTA RAP u cant do that...
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    because the ? ain't nothing but a niche/gimmick rapper!
  • genocidecutter
    Options

They are similar in ways
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sickology 101/killer>>>>>>>
  • GeE-757
    Options
  • genocidecutter
    Options

You have to admit there are some
  • antarticp
    edited July 2012
    Options

why cant i ... i can lump them all together .. gansta concious horrorcore hipster etc .... the only thing that seperates them all is structure and approach ... guys like lil wayne approach is to freestyle no thoughts just spitting and punches .................... guys like nas come up with a concept usually and try to stick thru that concept thru out the whole record .................... guys like tech n9ne and even jayz and wayne ... start out with a flow and punch in the words once they have the flow down ....... guys like gucci, waka and shawty lo .... just as waka puts it ... they write hook to hook ... no real thought just filling ? in once the hook is just right and done ......

• 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    He is too narrow minded

For someone with so much talent, he has stayed relatively the same since the first time I heard him
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    whats crazy is that Tech N9ne doesnt have one horrocore album but gets labeled horrorcore

Dude is one of thee most honest rappers ever.

The_Calm_Before_The_Storm_-_Front.jpg
    An album about a ? jus tryna make it wit his homies

The_Worst_2K_Edition_-_Front.JPG
    An album about a street ? who jus cant stop ? up, so in turn he feels like he is the the worst because he cant take care of his kids.

Anghellic.jpg
    An album about a ? so depressed that he start gettin deeper into drugs but doesnt want to,so he feels conflicted.... half good,half bad...AND NOT ONCE DID HE EVER PRAISE THE DEVIL OR SAY HE IS THE DEVIL

Tech_n9ne_absolute_power.jpg
    An album about a ? who jus embraced his ? -ups and started gettin his paper

I fail to see how any of that ? is unrelated to the average ? .

Cheatin on ya wife,takin the side bytch to the abortion clinic

Holdin down the trap house for Blood

Doin drugs and ? bytches after shows

Producers and record labels cheatin you outta your money

where,
    where is this horrorcore ? ON HIS ALBUMS that people speak of?