Drake has never received a royalty check and is trying to leave YMCMB contract (Long Read)

Options
DetroitBoi313
DetroitBoi313 Members Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Reason
https://twitter.com/JuliaBeverly

"Notwithstanding the publicly reported success of [Drake's] career as a musical performing and recording artist, and the aggregate sale of nearly five million records worldwide..., [Drake's] struggle to receive payments when due and proper accountings as required pursuant thereto has been utterly futile..." Attorney then argues that terms of the agreement have not been met & therefore the contract is automatically terminated... "At least three Albums and one EP have been commercially released which have sold in excess of 5 Million units without so much as one royalty check flowing to [Drake]."

http://api.ning.com/files/tna-h7vgFWxSxSWvpCEeS8fYUiuGxulpO6CIHKfLyxO2jk9p3*RvGWTlDL5p9pLYEkqrIVaBp0DLpk-ZkSCTcyjytmdABwxf/SummonsandComplaintPrinceetalv1.AspireMusicGroupetal..pdf
^^^
Link

Don't know what to believe. Always thought Drake's contract was A1.

Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a rumor bout Drake leavin ery couple months since he joined...And whole time, the ? been rich as ? and happy...But if this is true...Oh well...
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    There's a rumor bout Drake leavin ery couple months since he joined...And whole time, the ? been rich as ? and happy...But if this is true...Oh well...

thats what i was bout to say

websites jus gettin some views off Drake name

• poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ..... when da lite hit da ice, it twankle n glissen *baby v*
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    note the plaintiffs and defendants then you will realize why Drake's lawyer is pointing out Drake hasn't been paid a royalty check.

this ? Drake is trying to cover up the money so J Prince Jr won't get paid this not even bout cash money

• poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    If they're stiffing a Jew from Canada with a previous acting career like that, I wonder what Nicki Minaj's contract looks like...

birdman gonna end up getting JFK'd for ? with them jews

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is about to turn into a birdman appreciation thread.. this ? be robbin ? of they hits like ken griffey haha
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Diddy 2.0 take that take that take that take that
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Drake isn't suing Young Money - his childhood friend and business-partner Jas Prince is suing them. Some of y'all need to sue your English teachers cause y'all reading comprehension is not poppin.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Oh...It's bout the Jas situation?...I a
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Oh...It's bout the Jas situation?...I honestly just read the title and commented...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so who's gonna catch a body like that?
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    note the plaintiffs and defendants then you will realize why Drake's lawyer is pointing out Drake hasn't been paid a royalty check.

this ? Drake is trying to cover up the money so J Prince Jr won't get paid this not even bout cash money

this.... people dont realize that "drake" is a stage name... its not drakes real name.. somebody obviously own his name and tryna see some cake.. this has nothing to do with his actual situation...
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    This is nothing new. What ? thought Baby changed or something?

ha ha and there goes baby rolling off in another bugatti .... ijs you can only thieve from folks for so long before one comes in and tries to knock that head over with a cystal .... i mean a ciroc bottle ... lol ;)

• antarticp
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »

if thats true that even worse ... if it werent for those dudes drake might not be where he is today ... ijs ... dont make promises you aint gonna keep ;)

• HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...." and we ( me & baby ) gone be alright if we put drake on every hook..."
  • antarticp
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Ok I just read that half that ? SMH. This is NOT even about Drake or Baby. It's between Cortez Bryant and James Prince (Jas Prince). Jas Prince is claiming that Cortez owes him/his company money for management services on some breach of contract/oral agreement (SMMFH) while they was managing Drake. Basically said that they didn't handle or even do any proper paperwork and that Jas got cheated cuz he expected dude to comply with "fair dealing" rule in the contracts.

Jas says he's owed money and basically wants Drake to help his case against his bosses Cortez & others by showing his financial records. He said Drake's financial status in jeopardy & they ain't doing proper accounting over there (which is ? & just a ploy to try & get Drake to help his case if he provides his financials). It has nothing to do w/ Drake so there's no reason for him to help but I guess they was boys in a past life so he feels he should.

No where in the lawsuit did I see it says Drake has never received a royalty or is trying to leave YMCMB. Also I'm pretty sure that with royalties you aint suppose to get them till after a period of time so yeah maybe he hasnt & that's not a big deal yet but hey feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Overall, I did learn tho that them ? ' words aint worth ? for all the money they brag about. Man w/ YMCMB you might as well tape phone calls and record EVERYTHING from contracts to conversation LOLOL. These ? do business grimey, if there's an opening them ? will exploit you. Jas Prince ? up & wont get a dime from them.

are you sure about that ?? these guys are under oath right ... that would subject them to criminal acts ........ i doubt thier lieing just pulling out the facts lol ;)

• antarticp
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    Ok I just read that half that ? SMH. This is NOT even about Drake or Baby. It's between Cortez Bryant and James Prince (Jas Prince). Jas Prince is claiming that Cortez owes him/his company money for management services on some breach of contract/oral agreement (SMMFH) while they was managing Drake. Basically said that they didn't handle or even do any proper paperwork and that Jas got cheated cuz he expected dude to comply with "fair dealing" rule in the contracts.

Jas says he's owed money and basically wants Drake to help his case against his bosses Cortez & others by showing his financial records. He said Drake's financial status in jeopardy & they ain't doing proper accounting over there (which is ? & just a ploy to try & get Drake to help his case if he provides his financials). It has nothing to do w/ Drake so there's no reason for him to help but I guess they was boys in a past life so he feels he should.

No where in the lawsuit did I see it says Drake has never received a royalty or is trying to leave YMCMB. Also I'm pretty sure that with royalties you aint suppose to get them till after a period of time so yeah maybe he hasnt & that's not a big deal yet but hey feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Overall, I did learn tho that them ? ' words aint worth ? for all the money they brag about. Man w/ YMCMB you might as well tape phone calls and record EVERYTHING from contracts to conversation LOLOL. These ? do business grimey, if there's an opening them ? will exploit you. Jas Prince ? up & wont get a dime from them.

if your album is in recoup'd status ... roylaties are paid out every quater of the year .......... ;)