Options

Comments

• ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    @ATTS, somethings they do in canada that works:

-education has to be a priority in every way, including how much money you spend on it.

-require rigorous training for teachers

-have a standardized curriculum, meaning every grade level is being taught the same things

-schools should get their funding based on how many children attend the school, not from property taxes and stuff. therefore a school isn't horrible if it's in a low tax neighbourhood

i am not an expert in this field, but these are some things i've observed

Thanks.....will have to research some of this b/c I also have to compare it to the international system...i aint even think how our neighbour is doing with their educational....I knew the IC would come in handy......
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Education is a business. All the good stuff they want to make you pay for. Meanwhile, the basic ? is recycled for 12 years.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only are the kids dumb a lot of these grown ups are too. You ever see Skits similar to the Jay Leno's Jay Walking those people need to be embarrassed.
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote:
    I am doing a paper for my graduate school on the american education system....and for the paper I get to visit class rooms from kindergateen to 12th grade .....
    and let me just say I am NOT impressed with the teachers and the school system....like in the 4th grade.....this ? barely knew the multiplication table....
    They are sooooo focused on this smart phone ? its insane....I visited the 8th grade today (an history class)...smh....how da ? do you NOT know who mussolini is but you can quote me a drake lyric? We gots to do better.......
    I go to a 9th grade class tomorrow.....

Well, at least we know you didn't go to an english class.
  • ATTS
    edited July 2012
    Options
    FucktheIC wrote: »
    ATTS wrote:
    I am doing a paper for my graduate school on the american education system....and for the paper I get to visit class rooms from kindergateen to 12th grade .....
    and let me just say I am NOT impressed with the teachers and the school system....like in the 4th grade.....this ? barely knew the multiplication table....
    They are sooooo focused on this smart phone ? its insane....I visited the 8th grade today (an history class)...smh....how da ? do you NOT know who mussolini is but you can quote me a drake lyric? We gots to do better.......

i did.....its the IC..... english doesnt mean ? on an internet site......esp the IC.....i aint tryna show off for nobody...... @fucktheIC

• FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    ATTS wrote:

i did.....its the IC..... english doesnt mean ? on an internet site......esp the IC.....i aint tryna show off for nobody...... @fucktheIC

Maybe the kids weren't tryna show off either.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
    Options
    No difference from the people the grew up in the Atari era.
  • ATTS
    Options
    ATTS wrote:

Maybe the kids weren't tryna show off either.

naw....that was them ? in their environment........i seen it from the grade school.....if there was a way to reach them when they are young...instill the sciences...math....etc.......america will be aight
  • ATTS
    Options
    over_? wrote: »
    No difference from the people the grew up in the Atari era.

i understand what you saying....but this is WORSE........ @over_? ..... you cant whip out a calculator to do simple math....smh...all you are good @ is punching numbers....
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? go try to holla at them young hoes on the sly
    i see what you doing

you-aye little girl let me ask you some questions for my research paper
    her- ok
    you- you like foreplay?
    her- i play at recess not at 4
    you- uh...nevermind, you into ?
    her- ? .. nah i dont know that place
    you- is it shaved?
    her-.....
  • ATTS
    Options
    ? go try to holla at them young hoes on the sly
    i see what you doing

you-aye little girl let me ask you some questions for my research paper
    her- ok
    you- you like foreplay?
    her- i play at recess not at 4
    you- uh...nevermind, you into ?
    her- ? .. nah i dont know that place
    you- is it shaved?
    her-.....

YOU HAVE A SICK MIND @theslacker ..... (your posting what you would do)
  • Trollio
    Options
    i aint the one wandering the blacktop singing r kelly songs
    thats you ?
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at private schools being better then public. Went to both they are both the same thing. I actually found public schools teachers (some) to be very passionate about their job. The rest were collecting checks
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    school paper my ass

?

lol @ me thinking this ? sig was part of the post, and that made it more funny
  • Trollio
    Options
    school paper my ass

?

lol @ me thinking this ? sig was part of the post, and that made it more funny

my sig is always apart of me ? on ?
  • can'tyoutell
    can'tyoutell Members Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    @ATTS, somethings they do in canada that works:

-education has to be a priority in every way, including how much money you spend on it.

-require rigorous training for teachers

-have a standardized curriculum, meaning every grade level is being taught the same things

-schools should get their funding based on how many children attend the school, not from property taxes and stuff. therefore a school isn't horrible if it's in a low tax neighbourhood

i am not an expert in this field, but these are some things i've observed

YES YES YES to the last one. The people in poor neighborhoods are ? when it comes to schools in America. Watch Waitng for Superman. But i guess that's the way it was designed. Like Nas said "would've been ivy league if America played fair."
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “You need to focus. You gotta stop blaming white people for your problems and you’ve got to learn to rap, play basketball, or something! ? , you’re trapped! Either that or sell ? ! Those are your only options!” Dave Chappelle
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    “You need to focus. You gotta stop blaming white people for your problems and you’ve got to learn to rap, play basketball, or something! ? , you’re trapped! Either that or sell ? ! Those are your only options!” Dave Chappelle

lmao oh ? when did he say that lol.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blame the teachers that make learning a chore and reading books a form of disciplinary action instead of being enjoyable. Like, you know you ? up something serious when kids run away from books from great authors cause the teachers treated their legacies like ? . Straight up disrespectful to both the predecessors and the education system.
  • ATTS
    Options
  • unRealLady1
    unRealLady1 Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iam a mother of a 8th grader, my son teachers always say I'm doing a pretty good job u can tell he's learning at home..he's never excited about going to school tho, but he's a good student..he made the honor roll this year that just past.

I still havent had any real drama out of him yet..so far he's a pretty decent kid, but he's 13...it's just the beginning of a his teenage years.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Blame the teachers that make learning a chore and reading books a form of disciplinary action instead of being enjoyable. Like, you know you ? up something serious when kids run away from books from great authors cause the teachers treated their legacies like ? . Straight up disrespectful to both the predecessors and the education system.

Teachers got curriculums.AND THA DON~T LEAVE A CHILD BEHIND ? EVERYTHING UP.
  • Feelin_Foolay
    Feelin_Foolay Members Posts: 168 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't give a ? who Mussolini was in the 8th grade either.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ATTS props

@unspokenrespect ....about what?
    investing in yourself