I'm Moving to HOUSTON, Texas, what are the pros and cons?!

Options

Comments

• jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »
    Should of moved to Dallas.

This is how Dallas ? get down..
    xy-movement-ebengregory.jpg

Illuminati is makin cats wear lipstick now? lol
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    b00kie wrote: »
    U heard wrong about Dallas accepting blacks compared to Houston.

Forreal ,Im a Dallas ? and since i've been living in houston ive came to the conclusion that

houston>>dallas

Houston is way more diverse than dallas...and if you can't find work/place to stay you just aint trying.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't really think of a con to Houston, other than humidity and maybe a hurricane scare once ever 5 years or so. I had the choice between houston and dallas..... i chose poorly.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Are you going for Kat?
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ajackson17 nah g, I'm going for work.

Houston sounds like the move. Is it a place where I can settle? I am a big city cat. Looking to settle in NYC CHI OR LA (home for me) because of my career.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    other than traffic, heat, floods, its cool.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thought this was possibly a Dro thread at first.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The biggest cons about living in Houston and what has me seriously thinking of relocating are two things:

The influx of Mexicans. No I'm not racist, but I prefer to feel like I'm living in America and not a foreign country. Being surrounded by people that don't speak a lick of English for the past year has helped me realize the importance in that.

The HEAT. I'm tired of having two seasons. Hot and somewhat mild, and the somewhat mild part is only a fraction of the length of the hot season.

Born and raised in Houston, and I love my city but I'm ready for a change of scenery.

We did recently get voted as the coolest city in the country though...H-Town reppin baby!
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hol up.....its gowin daahn
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when ur born and raised somewhere u take the terrain for granted..

people look at me stupid when i talk down on LA.. but ? .. bein born and raised there ? gets mundane..
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cali has nice weather, been hot though lately and for this week it's been 100+, that's not the usual though.
  • powerman 5000
    Options
    Cosign Boss

i can't wait to get back to louisiana...
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign Boss

I say the same ? until I get there and be like....................................................................................
    SSN09_205sweat.gif

Gotdamn it is a hundred and what??????????
  • CapitalB
    Options
    hahahahaha yall ? get that heat AND humidity though..

i cant ? wittit..
    dry heat >> humid heat
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like the humidity better....you can stay cool if you wear the right ?

i cant do nuthin about that dry texas heat tho....i blacked out one day on some tequila smh....walked outside and that heat was like "sit yo ass down"
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pro - you get to ? kat
    Con - you get to ? kat
  • CapitalB
    Options
    lol@ "sit yo ass down"

but hell nah!!! TX aint that bad.. Atlanta had me sweatin where i didnt even know i could sweat..

but Vegas heat is straight.. thas bout as dry as it gets.. long as u in shade u good.. but that sun will burn u fast as ? ..

but real ? .. weather doesnt even bother me like that anymore..

everywhere i go its 70 degrees.. house stay at 70.. whip stay on 70 windows tinted.. only time im in the element is when im leavin or headed to my car.. ? bein out jus hangin when its hot..

even out here in LV i only come out when the sun is down..
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bossboo I feel you. I love la! But it doesn't feel as ? as other major cities (NY, chi, Atlanta). Its always good for entertainment stuff though.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »

That's how it is here in the summertime, unless it happens to be a cloudy day.

Got me feeling like a vampire or a cockroach or something.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »
    lol@ "sit yo ass down"

but hell nah!!! TX aint that bad.. Atlanta had me sweatin where i didnt even know i could sweat..

but Vegas heat is straight.. thas bout as dry as it gets.. long as u in shade u good.. but that sun will burn u fast as ? ..

but real ? .. weather doesnt even bother me like that anymore..

everywhere i go its 70 degrees.. house stay at 70.. whip stay on 70 windows tinted.. only time im in the element is when im leavin or headed to my car.. ? bein out jus hangin when its hot..

Man Im headin west soon as its the right time. I'll still come back but maybe just for the Fall/and or Winter.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know its hot!!! Lol...I also heard Dallas is better. I'm bout that Mexican food life!

You heard wrong bruh.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I cant really speak on Houston too much cause the last time I was there Clinton was president.

But Dallas is a place where you move when you have a family and you want to settle down. All the people I know that left Houston dipped around the same time......................... When they turned 35-40 age range. Even now all of the people my age are starting to get that itch to move to Dallas or Atlanta.

That is not a knock on Houston cause that is usually the age where you make the decision to really settle down. In your 20s and early 30s. MFer trying to find out where the party at or the closes sportsbar. With that said................................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYHd6X6duyk
  • powerman 5000
    edited August 2012
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    Cosign Boss

I say the same ? until I get there and be like....................................................................................
    SSN09_205sweat.gif

Gotdamn it is a hundred and what??????????

true, but I'm in dallas now, last summer it was what 40 straight 100 + degree days. This summer there's been fewer days but instead of 101s and 104s, it's 107s and 110s. Plus it hasn't rained in like 8 years here, i only got 1 good bushel of okra this summer and I got fault lines in my yard. I miss that gulf breeze and summer showers.
  • rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I know its hot!!! Lol...I also heard Dallas is better. I'm bout that Mexican food life!
    i lived in jersey for 3 years starting in 2005 & everytime i'd come home, la mexicana [1018 Fairview St, Houston, TX] is the first stop we'd make.... yankees don't know ? about that there..

• texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you making decent money and you.can.bag.chicksthen.Houston is a good place to live im thinking about moving there in the next.few months