Sons of Anarchy Season 5 Airs on September 4, 2012

Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a good finale. interesting to see how everything played out at the end. kinda like the whole Stahl ordeal but not quite as badass, I think Sutter tried to do the same thing here and it just seeemed forced. But still good. Probably my least favorite season, party because the whole Clay/Juice bromance was WAAAAAAYYYYY too much. Oh he's got him doin the dishes -anything for some kisses...Is he in love with a reaper? And Clay's whole downfall was so anti-climatic.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A need for vengeance has been a key component in this season. Vengeance blinded Pope, and thats how he got caught slippin.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    A need for vengeance has been a key component in this season. Vengeance blinded Pope, and thats how he got caught slippin.

That would be cool if it wasn't already built into his character that he wouldn't sacrifice making smart decisions for revenge. Remember he killed ole boy for going for vengeance instead of doing the smart thing. And he executed a plan for vengeance instead of the wiping the Sons out from the get go.

Again, he didn't even want Tig dead. He wanted Tig locked in prison to suffer for the rest of his life. So turning around and having Pope throw away all his good sense because he was so anxious to ? Tig was just bad writing.
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im still trippin on the pope ? . man and louis is right he never wanted to ? that ? tig. ? kurt.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I def see what you mean monk. It didn't bother me they killed him, but it did just seem too easy. It would have made way more sense if his number 2 was in on it or something. I know it went against Pope's character to let his emotions get th best of him but i really do believe his ? for vengeance was supposed be his downfall
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I def see what you mean monk. It didn't bother me they killed him, but it did just seem too easy. It would have made way more sense if his number 2 was in on it or something. I know it went against Pope's character to let his emotions get th best of him but i really do believe his ? for vengeance was supposed be his downfall

Yeah, I could have seen it better if the number 2 was in on it, or if they at least did a better job of establishing that the number 2 wanted Pope's spot and therefore let things proceed in a way that would lead to Pope's downfall.

They didn't do anything like that though. They kinda just took Pope out of his character to let him die and then turned around and made number 2 not give a ? even though he knew full well Jax was responsible.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yeah, I could have seen it better if the number 2 was in on it, or if they at least did a better job of establishing that the number 2 wanted Pope's spot and therefore let things proceed in a way that would lead to Pope's downfall.

They didn't do anything like that though. They kinda just took Pope out of his character to let him die and then turned around and made number 2 not give a ? even though he knew full well Jax was responsible.

or why he wouldn't just off Jax and take that $5 million.

but i dont think the show did a bad job of leading up to Pope's murder. I feel like it was fairly obvious in the show that he would die. or at the very least, he wouldn't be handing over Tig to die...the interesting part was seeing how Jax would pull it off.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Yeah, Pope dying wasn't bad and the writing was on the wall for it. I think they just rushed the execution. They had a lot of things to tie up in the season finale, so it's understandable something got the short end of the stick. Still Pope was a good character so it does suck a little that they basically stomped on his character a little to finish up his storyline.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll admit I definitely didnt see Pope getting wacked. It didnt seem smart and the way it was handled also felt like Sutter was backed into a corner and didnt know how to write his way out of it. The whole sequence of him getting killed was terribly written.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    I'll admit I definitely didnt see Pope getting wacked. It didnt seem smart and the way it was handled also felt like Sutter was backed into a corner and didnt know how to write his way out of it. The whole sequence of him getting killed was terribly written.

I got to agree with this. Pope didn't need jax to hand tig over. His ? had the entire police department on his payroll.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing that made this finale feel like a season finale was Tara getting arrested. The rest was disappointing to me. *shrugs

Pope getting murked like that was meh......and Clay gonna be back...can't see him getting murked...better storyline would to have a beef between him and Jax....think Tara gon do some time in the bing. Not at the hands of Gemma tho, I think the US Marshall got something to do wit it.
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finished watching Season 5, Pope was too trill but I knew he was going to get murked but not like that.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snoop hilarious...surprised he still got lungs left....