Meek Mill Says Rappers Are "Shying Away From Real Rapping," Names Top Rappers

Options
BostonDro
BostonDro Members Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Reason
Meek Mill says many emcees are "shying away from real rapping" and that he wants to have an "Illmatic" type of album before naming his favorite emcees.

It seems Meek Mill hasn't been impressed by too many emcees of late. According to Mill, he feels many rappers "have been shying away from the real rapping in Hip Hop." This is what he explained in a recent interview, where he was also asked to list his top emcees.

"I ain't gonna say no order but it's Biggie [Notorious B.I.G.], Tupac, Jay-Z...I'd say Nas and Lil Wayne maybe? Yeah, Lil Wayne," he shared with Wild 94.9.

Meek was also asked to name his favorite album.

"My favorite album? Jay-Z's [Vol. 2...Hard Knock Life]. That's the first album I ever had."

Inspired by this album and others, Meek also shared what his goals are for his own release. According to him, he is striving to release a classic album.

"A lot of people have been shying away from the real rapping in Hip Hop. I'm really representing," he added. "When I come out with my album, I want to have a classical album, a Illmatic, a Hard Knock Life...a Get Rich or Die Tryin' type of Hip Hop album."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlANjcGCz9I&feature=player_embedded

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20728/title.meek-mill-says-rappers-are-shying-away-from-real-rapping-names-top-rappers

Comments

• purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a hard time taking Meek seriously if Wayne is in his top 5
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you can put a ? with 2 albums worth of material in your top 5 with no problem, A ? that held the top spot as long as Wayne should be accepted as well.

Wayne's Reign >>>>>> Biggie's Reign
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    If you can put a ? with 2 albums worth of material in your top 5 with no problem, A ? that held the top spot as long as Wayne should be accepted as well.

Lil wayne makes ? music and Meek makes the same record over and over again
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie is top 5 because he had the best debut album ever and the best double cd ever back to back. I see meek shoutin out that 50 CD, he know whats up. in b4 GEE runs under a bus and commits that
  • The Recipe
    edited August 2012
    Options

Regardless of the Quality of Music he drops now, 2005 - 2009 ? on Biggies two albums.

Suffix, Dedication 2, No Ceilings, Drought 3 > Life after Death, Ready to Die

Waynes Mixtape Catalog owns Biggies Official Albums.

Biggie is Over ? Rated, and Pac took his soul.

? Drake > Biggie, that is how overrated he was.

• The Recipe
    Options
    I call ? when I see it. I cant help it regardless of the thread.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn bruh, I left this thread, checked another thread, and came back to see your no co signs increased by 500%.
  • BostonDro
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    this thread should really be about Meek showing some respect for hip hop... not a rehash of the "Biggie only had 2 albums" ? ...

That's the whole reason I posted this thread up. I wanted to give props to a young rapper that is showing respect for the art form. His top 5 list is just that, HIS top 5.

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is real rap? really. Rhyming? Having no singin quality to your voice? What is fake rap? Not rhyming? Not havin a monotone? But Nobody cares anyway.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I call ? when I see it. I cant help it regardless of the thread.

You need to get your eyes checked and actually come with supporting details. Yes waynes mixtape run was fire. However his mixtape game was not structured. I respect 2 albums of organized songs than waynes mixtape run. There have been people like wayne and cassidy and even battle rappers like mook and serious jones who have killed ? for a minute. However its more like streetball. Sure their flows and punchlines are fire but its not nba quality.

To me mixtape runs are like scoring 60 points in an all star game. Okay thats nice but can you get off screens and play defense and set plays and be clutch in the finals? Big had albums that did all that while wayne has had hit or miss tracks in his album run like a rafer alston going and 1 to the pros. And waynes current music is a bigger joke than the charlotte bobcats.

• The Nuisance
    The Nuisance Members Posts: 391 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe Meek means there's no substance today, just trapping and ballin.

The 2 albums B.I.G dropped were monumental. Jay ain't the only one biting Biggie's rhymes, I've heard his bars constantly since 98
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Mill is an average at best rapper himself
  • TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    BostonDro wrote:
    "When I come out with my album, I want to have a classical album, a Illmatic, a Hard Knock Life...a Get Rich or Die Tryin' type of Hip Hop album."

Get Rich or Die Tryin' type of Hip Hop album

WHAT ABOUT RICK ROSS MEEK WHAT ABOUT YOUR ? DADDY

50 cent stay winning
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited August 2012
    Options
    its funny how every ymcmb groupies just wants to blurt out random ? without explaining why they thing its so...thats not "calling it how you see it" its actually called trolling.
  • angrymaninc
    angrymaninc Members Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe Meek means there's no substance today, just trapping and ballin.

The 2 albums B.I.G dropped were monumental. Jay ain't the only one biting Biggie's rhymes, I've heard his bars constantly since 98

Including Wayne
  • The Recipe
    Options
    The only reason they were monumental is because the east coast was on life support, not because the content was monumental. Snoop, Dre, Pac and the other west coast rappers made his first album monumental, because he put east coast back on.

Meek speaking the truth though, ? is more concerned with they swag than they lyrics.
  • BostonDro
    Options
    anybody know how to embed those type of vides that are not youtube? I would like to post up the video of the interview.
  • TimeToParty
    TimeToParty Members Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    BostonDro wrote:
    "When I come out with my album, I want to have a classical album, a Illmatic, a Hard Knock Life...a Get Rich or Die Tryin' type of Hip Hop album."

WHAT ABOUT RICK ROSS MEEK WHAT ABOUT YOUR ? DADDY

50 cent stay winning

where them stans at im waiting for the explanation
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    The only reason they were monumental is because the east coast was on life support, not because the content was monumental. Snoop, Dre, Pac and the other west coast rappers made his first album monumental, because he put east coast back on.

Meek speaking the truth though, ? is more concerned with they swag than they lyrics.

co sign the bolded but what were 50% of waynes mixtapes about? How he was flyer than a martian and ? so you just self eithered you whole argument about wayne having a better run than biggie lmao.

• LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BostonDro wrote: »
    anybody know how to embed those type of vides that are not youtube? I would like to post up the video of the interview.

Just copy and paste tha URL. I know for sure yt and vimeo work on here.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to the homie Meek!

#YMCMBMMG

We a team. Rich.gang. Flashy life
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shout out to the homie Meek!

#YMCMBMMG

We a team. Rich.gang. Flashy life

Bruh, are you part of their team or just a Stan? Ijs, it's comments like these thar reaffirm my beliefs tha clones should be legally executed mid-conversation