who is the king of NY?

Options
2»

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    KoNY has to go to who's the best right now (commercially, critically,. have the charts and the streets etc..) i'd say Nas and Hov. i can't choose. but if you take them out......there's a big gap

Like KoNY even means anything anymore :(

I gotta cosign this post tho. But if I couldn't pick from Hov or Nas I'd prolly say 50 Cent. Crazy how if you look at the late 90s early 2000s and the influx of NY rappers to now there aren't many NY cats who've managed to sustain the buzz they used to have. If somebody told me in 98 or 99 that DMX was gonna fall off b/c of drugs I would've scoffed at the idea LOLOL. Craaaazzyyyy fam.

i think NY can come back tho, but its gonna take at least five years....there's the ASAP Mob, Joey Badass and his crew, as well as the huge "hipster rap" scene, the boom bap revialists and underground scene is strong if your into that stuff, street guys like Troy Ave, the Max B influenced rappers like French Montana, Chinx Drugz, and the Coke Boys. What NY needs tho is for its to develop its sound (not boom bap) without worrying about other regions. I think we seeing a little bit of that with the rise of Harry Fraud and aarabmusik. Plus the older generation needs to help out (Hov, LOX, Dipset, Fab, 50, etc)

troy ave and chinx drugz are dope
    i hope rappers in general stop rapping about coke

damn near every succesful rapper rapped about that since the 90s lol

Chinx is dope tho, that ? Riot 2 goes hard, he's like French with bars. And he has a "new" NY sound IMO
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KoNY has to go to who's the best right now (commercially, critically,. have the charts and the streets etc..) i'd say Nas and Hov. i can't choose. but if you take them out......there's a big gap

I gotta cosign this post tho. But if I couldn't pick from Hov or Nas I'd prolly say 50 Cent. Crazy how if you look at the late 90s early 2000s and the influx of NY rappers to now there aren't many NY cats who've managed to sustain the buzz they used to have. If somebody told me in 98 or 99 that DMX was gonna fall off b/c of drugs I would've scoffed at the idea LOLOL. Craaaazzyyyy fam.

i think NY can come back tho, but its gonna take at least five years....there's the ASAP Mob, Joey Badass and his crew, as well as the huge "hipster rap" scene, the boom bap revialists and underground scene is strong if your into that stuff, street guys like Troy Ave, the Max B influenced rappers like French Montana, Chinx Drugz, and the Coke Boys. What NY needs tho is for its to develop its sound (not boom bap) without worrying about other regions. I think we seeing a little bit of that with the rise of Harry Fraud and aarabmusik. Plus the older generation needs to help out (Hov, LOX, Dipset, Fab, 50, etc)

I like Troy Ave that ? is dope as ? .

Co-muthafuckin-sign @ the bolded LOLOL

Man I wish some of the older heads would reach out to some of these younger cats. At least to show there is some unity in NY. And Harry Fraud has a bright future.

I would love to see Roc Nation and Bad Boy actually go out and sign talented NY rappers. And for the DJ's to play a bigger role
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we'll(NY) be fine, if we get back to not accepting ? . there's no reason for these mc's to try to sound like they from atl i personally hate that. I don't listen to anything that has that trap music sound
  • Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    Options
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    we'll(NY) be fine, if we get back to not accepting ? . there's no reason for these mc's to try to sound like they from atl i personally hate that. I don't listen to anything that has that trap music sound
    ATL aint got nobody putting on except jeezy,t.i,luda,2chainz and future.
    which is weak
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rong
    rong Members Posts: 91
    Options
    If King means more than just rapping....Impact, Sales, Trends, Business, etc...Then easily and clearly Jay Z....He brought the nets to brooklyn lol
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that craccer frank white
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    New York aint been relevant since fif was poppin and will never be relevant again

Who cares
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? who can sell out MSG in seconds, name another NY ? who can do that?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's between Hell Rell and jae millz
  • SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭