• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Jason Vorhes and Freddy Krugger. They ain't got ? on shadyteam
  • Rhymesfinest
    Rhymesfinest Members Posts: 1,892 ✭✭
    Options
    STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE!!

99% of people don't like it, the Artist himself said he didn't like it or that kinda music

• Rhymesfinest
    edited August 2012
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    In my opinion Eminem should stick to rapping about being a serial killer and a ? . The ? is amusing bruh. My favorite Eminem song is "Brain Damage" that ? had no basis in reality at all but it was dope as ? .

No it's horrible music, horrible content and it's weird a person could find that kinda thing amusing. Brain Damage was a song about him getting bullied he really did get bullied and had a brain injury from a bully when he was a kid.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For me it's relapse, i like ems sick ? side, the step father ? thing was funny as ? to me the first time i ever heard the insane tune i had to rewind it because i coulnt believe what i was hearin.

Nastradamus was a good album to me knowere near as bad as some people say, but relapse is a personal classic to me.

• Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL4lLFoDJx4

i meant this my bad
    Lab Baby wrote: »

Damn... I might have to pick Nastradamus. Plus Last Words... smh.

you a fool if you don't think that this track is hot.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Options
    You only get a few people on the IC say they like that ? , serial killer, ? , ? type lyrics i mean be honest no 1 outside the IC/internet likes it so even if that kinda music appeals to you still hve to be objective about it just cos you like hearing that kinda material!

You can't be biased just cos it appeals to you
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Contradictions already 'Em beasted on relapse yet it was about ? , molestion ,serial killing, being a ? '

Oxymoron cpntradictions already SMH some people just can't be objective

Put it like this... I hate Mariah Carey. With a passion. But I'd be lying to you if I said she ain't one of the best singers on the planet. I just don't like her songs. Same with Em with Relapse... he might have been cuckoo on that album, but damn if he didn't rap his ass off.

Still a contradiction how can you rap you ass off rapping about those topics when content and lyrics are 1 of the most important aspects to rap? how can you be rapping good when outside of 2 great songs on the album you saying nothing?

You just gotta look at objectivley if the artist who made it himself could be honest and say the truth about it then there is no reason you can't it's just 1 bad album from him with that horrible content it's not the end of the world to objectivley admit it

Aite, bet. Musically and conceptwise it might have been out of taste, I'll admit that... but that's not thinking objectively anyway. How can a concept be bad from an objective point of view, when it's what the artist thought of himself? He put it out there for us to judge, and a lot of people didn't like it. The keyword is LIKE though... doesn't take away from the skill level he brought to it. You may not like the horrorcore ? he was talking, but it doesn't mean that he didn't put up one of his best rap performances ever. I can get into the intricacies of his performance, but that's too long. Even if he himself didn't like it... a lot of artists say that about their work, "this sucks, it's no good, not my best". Again, he put it out, so if people liked it, fine. If not, whatever. But if he really felt that way, he shouldn't have put it out in the first place.

Back to the Nas ? , at least he had an excuse... the album that became Lost Tapes got leaked, so he had no choice but to rush I Am/Nastradamus. Had Lost Tapes been released as I Am/Nastradamus, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. The point is, as an artist you gotta make the decision to put out something if your heart is in it. Em had all the time in the world to put that out, and that's what he gave us. All objectivity is out the window once your project is on the shelves. As an emcee, I personally loved his performance. But as a fan, he could've done better to bring back the Slim Shady ego if that's what he was going for.
  • The_Man
    Options
    my best friend likes it too and my girlfriend finds insane funny we ust to sing that ? to eachother, outside of the internet alot of people like that ? fact!
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah, eneman should release a collab album with taylor swift and b.o.b and it would go diamond in a day, the hardest gangstas out there would be bumpin it like crazy, cause gangstas all over the world hate rick ross and mmg, but sure as hell love stan, love the way you lie, not afraid and such.
    just look at them
    _1161318_fans300.jpg
    seriously, these are the type of people that walk in the real mean streets of the uk
  • Rhymesfinest
    Options
    Also from an Artist who sells so high Relapse is 1 of his worst selling albums so the public as well as the critics didn't like it only sold 3 million and yeah a lotta stans obviously gonna support something just cos it's Eminem even if the content is so horrible and about the weirdest wackest topics 3 million stans is alot but for Eminem who sells much more than that it's not great numbers to what he normally does.
  • Lab Baby
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL4lLFoDJx4

i meant this my bad

Damn... I might have to pick Nastradamus. Plus Last Words... smh.

you a fool if you don't think that this track is hot.

Nah, I'm sayin it IS hot.
  • Lab Baby
    Options
    ? Jason Vorhes and Freddy Krugger. They ain't got ? on shadyteam

She's on her 20th sequel.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Options
    Contradictions already 'Em beasted on relapse yet it was about ? , molestion ,serial killing, being a ? '

Put it like this... I hate Mariah Carey. With a passion. But I'd be lying to you if I said she ain't one of the best singers on the planet. I just don't like her songs. Same with Em with Relapse... he might have been cuckoo on that album, but damn if he didn't rap his ass off.

Still a contradiction how can you rap you ass off rapping about those topics when content and lyrics are 1 of the most important aspects to rap? how can you be rapping good when outside of 2 great songs on the album you saying nothing?

You just gotta look at objectivley if the artist who made it himself could be honest and say the truth about it then there is no reason you can't it's just 1 bad album from him with that horrible content it's not the end of the world to objectivley admit it

Aite, bet. Musically and conceptwise it might have been out of taste, I'll admit that... but that's not thinking objectively anyway. How can a concept be bad from an objective point of view, when it's what the artist thought of himself? He put it out there for us to judge, and a lot of people didn't like it. The keyword is LIKE though... doesn't take away from the skill level he brought to it. You may not like the horrorcore ? he was talking, but it doesn't mean that he didn't put up one of his best rap performances ever. I can get into the intricacies of his performance, but that's too long. Even if he himself didn't like it... a lot of artists say that about their work, "this sucks, it's no good, not my best". Again, he put it out, so if people liked it, fine. If not, whatever. But if he really felt that way, he shouldn't have put it out in the first place.

Back to the Nas ? , at least he had an excuse... the album that became Lost Tapes got leaked, so he had no choice but to rush I Am/Nastradamus. Had Lost Tapes been released as I Am/Nastradamus, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. The point is, as an artist you gotta make the decision to put out something if your heart is in it. Em had all the time in the world to put that out, and that's what he gave us. All objectivity is out the window once your project is on the shelves. As an emcee, I personally loved his performance. But as a fan, he could've done better to bring back the Slim Shady ego if that's what he was going for.

Ok you like it but you honestly not doing a good job on why it's better than Nastradamus to you. THat's why it really is better to say i have a taste for that serial killer, cartoonish rap like on Relapse but i can be objective and understand by general consesus, Hip Hop roiots, and just general percption it is considered poor music. If you say that it's much better and keeping it real.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Options
    my best friend likes it too and my girlfriend finds insane funny we ust to sing that ? to eachother, outside of the internet alot of people like that ? fact!

you naming a few people doesn't change that 99% of people be ihip hop fans, hip hop artists, critics, musicians etc find the type of music on Relapse poor.

It is also his lowest selling solo album.
  • The_Man
    Options
    your really opening my eyes, all this time my stanning has blinded me to the fact that relapse was trash, thank you for awakening me im gonna take this ? off my ipod right now!! no more step dad ? or murder for me!! from now on its nothing but the soft side of em that i will worship thank you so much for the help :)
  • Rhymesfinest
    Options

And even 99% of Eminem fans can objectivley admit this.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Options
    your really opening my eyes, all this time my stanning has blinded me to the fact that relapse was trash, thank you for awakening me im gonna take this ? off my ipod right now!! no more step dad ? or murder for me!! from now on its nothing but the soft side of em that i will worship thank you so much for the help :)

Soldier is 1 of his best songs buut also 1 of his hardest just cos you like hard music doesn't mean you can't appreciate good music
  • Nile Gambino
    Nile Gambino Members Posts: 934 ✭✭✭
    Options

even he admitted it no lie
  • The_Man
    Options
    let me know when you next come on your period i will stop by your house and force feed you your ? .
  • Lab Baby
    Options

Ok you like it but you honestly not doing a good job on why it's better than Nastradamus to you. THat's why it really is better to say i have a taste for that serial killer, cartoonish rap like on Relapse but i can be objective and understand by general consesus, Hip Hop roiots, and just general percption it is considered poor music. If you say that it's much better and keeping it real.

I actually said Nastradamus is better. It was a tie at first, but I forgot Last Wordz and Life We Chose was on there. And to be real, the only songs I bump on Relapse on the regular are Deja Vu, Underground and Stay Wide Awake. Beautiful is dope, but it got cheesy to me after a while... still in my regular playlist.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Options

even he admitted it no lie

And the people who in their world serial killer, ? , cartoon gimmick Relapse type music love llistening to actually ignore that Eminem admitted it lol. Not just that but he said he don't even listen to that style of his music himself.

• The_Man
    Options
    unlike u i couldnt give a ? what em said i like the album i couldnt care if he loves or hates it, i like it and thats what matters ok im done cheerio fellow hip hoppers.
  • Rhymesfinest
    Options

I actually said Nastradamus is better. It was a tie at first, but I forgot Last Wordz and Life We Chose was on there. And to be real, the only songs I bump on Relapse on the regular are Deja Vu, Underground and Stay Wide Awake. Beautiful is dope, but it got cheesy to me after a while... still in my regular playlist.

Same with Deja Vu that i agree is a great song and Beautiful to me is a top 10 Em song. i don't think you can always label a positive song, uplfting cheesy that's an ignorant mind state. Hip Hop is based on doing that making music people relate to being real with ya self that is apart of Hip Hop. Beautiful dfines why Eminem a great Artist not just rap but he produced it too.