Do You Believe 2Chainz Projected Sales Are Earned Or Some Albums Bought By The Label?

Options
tab58064
tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Reason
By now everybody here at AHH is aware of the projected 130-140K 1st week sales that 2Chainz's album is suppose to do, but who here questions how he will manage to reach those numbers when it's a huge feat for more popular artist to do those kind of numbers.

I'm sorry, but something about this "out of nowhere" increase in support for 2Chainz makes me suspicious as to how dude is suppose to sell almost 150k 1st week. Listen, dude has some buzz, but it's mainly in the hood/streets. He get's some burn on the radio and on BET and he's done a few features with some popular artists, but let's be for real here. Without mainstream/cross-over/white people supporting your album the average artists ain't doing no 130-140 1st week out. That's why I'm convinced that the label bought up some of these albums.

Think about it. He probably signed a 360 deal which means that whatever he does and makes money off of it he has to share the profits with the label. That includes shows, money for featuring, album sales, endorsements, etc. so it should not be hard to believe that they would make an investment in buying up his albums to increase his popularity, which will allow him to charge more for features, shows, get him on bigger tours, endorsement deals, possible movie roles, and even increase the sales of this album.

It all adds up in the end. A regular trap rapper with mainly hood support all of a sudden does numbers that mainstream far-more popular artists does in his 1st week. That just doesn't happen in this day and time. If the label didn't buy some of these albums then these must be the number of albums shipped to stores and not the actual sales. Either way most of us expected dude to do between 50-80k, but to damn-near double that should make the average person who follows rap wonder how.....especially when it's a limited rapper like 2Chainz. And before y'all come with that prepackaged "you a hater" ? ....save it! I actually gave reasons why I feel the way I do I know some of y'all can't stand for someone to question your favorite artists or say anything negative about them, but this is what this site is for.......OPINIONS!!!!!

So how do y'all feel about these numbers????

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry to derail your topic about Mr. Chainz but if a ? signed a 360 deal he can't call himself a hustler. A real hustler don't want a ? hands that deep into his pockets that's some new ? boy stuff.

**back on topic**
    Using your logic the label doesn't need to buy back records anymore because they will just make up the difference elsewhere. That's why the quality of albums suck.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I feel they are projected and people should wait for actual figures. Also why do people care about album sales they mean nothing to us as consumers. I have bought 2 CD's in 8 years and most people are like me, so why be concerned about sales, most people probably download their music anyway. As far as labels buying albums show me proof of this happening ever in the digital music era or GTFOH.
  • tab58064
    edited August 2012
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I'm sorry to derail your topic about Mr. Chainz but if a ? signed a 360 deal he can't call himself a hustler. A real hustler don't want a ? hands that deep into his pockets that's some new ? boy stuff.

**back on topic**
    Using your logic the label doesn't need to buy back records anymore because they will just make up the difference elsewhere. That's why the quality of albums suck.
    I feel you and he's been around long enough to know better than to sign onto something like that, so maybe he isn't under that kind of a contract. Who knows?? When these guys are hard-up for a deal/money they'll do anything just to move their career in a direction wherein they can make some money.

• tab58064
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    I feel they are projected and people should wait for actual figures. Also why do people care about album sales they mean nothing to us as consumers. I have bought 2 CD's in 8 years and most people are like me, so why be concerned about sales, most people probably download their music anyway. As far as labels buying albums show me proof of this happening ever in the digital music era or GTFOH.
    It's plastered all over every hip-hop site (his projected sales) and no, they don't matter to most of us, but we all come here to discuss things that have nothing to do with us anyway so why should this subject be any different??
  • 2CHAINZ
    2CHAINZ Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2chainz is getting paid...like its the 1st or 15th
    Chainz yella like bad ? ?
    mad as ? ..cuz im on TV

Album Sales...Doin Well..BELIEVE MEEEE

• tab58064
    Options
    Oh and for the proof that you require all I can offer you is a little common sense. This situation is almost like an E-list actor becoming an A-list actor overnight without actually becoming a better actor. Most people would question how in the hell that happened and for most people they wouldn't need a paper trail to conclude that something shady must be going on. When ? doesn't add up it doesn't add up. And for someone who doesn't care....question...why in the ? did you bother to post a comment. Ok, now you can "GTFOH!!!"

• jono
    Options
    I'm not sure if he's a better rapper now than he was before but record sales aren't based on talent anyway. The sales he's getting is based on his popularity and marketability. Drake & Nicki on singles didn't hurt either.
  • The Recipe
    Options
    tab58064 wrote: »
    Oh and for the proof that you require all I can offer you is a little common sense. This situation is almost like an E-list actor becoming an A-list actor overnight without actually becoming a better actor. Most people would question how in the hell that happened and for most people they wouldn't need a paper trail to conclude that something shady must be going on. When ? doesn't add up it doesn't add up. And for someone who doesn't care....question...why in the ? did you bother to post a comment. Ok, now you can "GTFOH!!!"

Common sense tells you when record labels buy their artist album? That is impressive, mine does not do that yet. As far as actors that has nothing to do with the notion Labels are buying their artist albums. I posted because I am trying to understand why people are so infatuated with his album sales they dont mean ? , and their are at least 3 threads about his sales.
  • tab58064
    Options
    2CHAINZ! wrote: »
    2chainz is getting paid...like its the 1st or 15th
    Chainz yella like bad ? ?
    mad as ? ..cuz im on TV

Album Sales...Doin Well..BELIEVE MEEEE
    jono wrote: »
    I'm not sure if he's a better rapper now than he was before but record sales aren't based on talent anyway. The sales he's getting is based on his popularity and marketability. Drake & Nicki on singles didn't hurt either.
    I feel you, but I just thought about something and correct me if I'm wrong.....Future had waaaaaaay more buzz going than Chainz and he had Drake on his remix and he was getting support from so many popular artists that it wasn't funny, BUT his 1st week sales were only 40k! They are the same type of artists and again Future had way more buzz going than Chainz, so explain how Chainz manages to sale more than 3 times the amount Future sold 1st week?? And in my opinion, Chainz was a better rapper a few years back than he is now.

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sorry.. I'm a hater and i don't care.

First week sales don't mean ? anymore. These rap guys are just taking turns releasing their albums. By default, everybody gets to shine with big numbers because nobody is really competing with each other.

2 Chainz first weeks sales are from pure hype. He should be respected for his effort (i guess), but he'll plummet like the rest of these half assed albums. He's not getting good reviews from any site that may persuade customers into buying it. I personally downloaded the ? , liked it a few days, then realized I wouldn't have missed out on anything special if i slept on it.

Us posters aren't the only ones who feel this way, but we'll forever be "internet, hating nerds" just cause we have the free time to post the utter truth.

Y'all gotta check out Hiphopdx's review on the album:
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/album-reviews/id.1941/title.2-chainz-based-on-a-tru-story

I'm shocked on how real they kept it knowing rappers probably lurk that site too.

• tab58064
    Options
    tab58064 wrote: »

Common sense tells you when record labels buy their artist album? That is impressive, mine does not do that yet. As far as actors that has nothing to do with the notion Labels are buying their artist albums. I posted because I am trying to understand why people are so infatuated with his album sales they dont mean ? , and their are at least 3 threads about his sales.
    Listen, I'm not the 1st person who has every said that labels sometimes buy their own artists albums up to increase their popularity for 1. 2nd I guess you missed the analogy I was using to describe how strange it would be for ? low-level actor to go from the bottom to the top without getting any better at their craft. That's pretty-much the case with Chainz. LOL! And 3rd, it's strange that you're complaining about other people being infatuated with sales yet you waste your energy complaining about people discussing sales. Sounds like you're infatuated with people who are infatuated!! LOL!!

• FyHunnit
    Options
    Checkout what the other blogs rated 2 Chainz debut album below:

Rolling Stone: His commercial solo debut is packed with A-list cameos and producers, but 2 Chainz commands the spotlight—rapping about success and sex with the irrepressible enthusiasm of the upstart he isn’t. 3.5/5

Los Angeles Times: Even guest appearances by Kanye West and Nicki Minaj don’t provide much boost. Other cameos include Drake, The-Dream, and John Legend, and they’re all so much better at their art that rather than their host stepping up to their level, 2 Chainz drags them down. 1/4

USA Today: His major label solo debut offers little more than the typical club anthems and swaggering boasts. Guests provide the best moments. “No Lie” with Drake and “Birthday Song” with Kanye West are as good as it gets. 2/4

The Boston Globe: A highly buzzed about hip-hop artist should make a debut that moves the genre’s dial ahead a notch. Unfortunately, this long-awaited CD from the Georgia MC relies on too many cliches to be a revelation.

The Washington Post: It’s hard to resist repetitive hooks that aren’t exactly catchy or well-constructed but still get stuck in one’s head even after a single listen. … There are laughably simple declarations (“She got a big ?  / So I call her Big ? ,” from “Birthday”), but also clever punch lines.
  • jono
    Options
    Damn those reviews are harsh lol, no love is shown and a few shots are fired too
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ out of no where

Chainz has been featured on damn every track for the last six months

Every once and a while ratchet ass music gets main stream, he just lucked out

No more, no less
  • The Recipe
    Options
    So ? really giving merit to Hip Hop reviews from Rolling Stone, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, The Boston Globe and The Washington Post, I know TRU is probably ass but I cant take these media outlets serious, might as well let Bill O'Reiley review Cruel Summer.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are we really going back to the "he had high numbers! his label bought copies!" mentality?
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited August 2012
    Options
    if u dont b n da club, ? bar or n da trap blowin loud y r u even worried about how much this sold?? but on topik i say da sellz was EARN;D cuz his street buzz!
  • HassanCHOP
    HassanCHOP Members Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    if u dont b n da club, ? bar or n da trap blowin loud y r u even worried about how much this sold?? but on topik i say da sellz was EARN;D cuz his street buzz!
    ? ya fat ass dont be at either one. all u be at is at ur grandmas house wearing down ur keyboard with ur fat fingers and smoking doo doo weed. im surprise you make it outside to buy them wack cds lolol
  • GeE-757
    edited August 2012
    Options
    HassanCHOP wrote: »
    ? ya fat ass dont be at either one. all u be at is at ur grandmas house wearing down ur keyboard with ur fat fingers and smoking doo doo weed. im surprise you make it outside to buy them wack cds lolol

cracka ? & go back 2 da donkey u ? yall donkeyz ? me n da reason worryin about MALE POSTERZ postz ya broke azz cant afford 2 buy ? smh..,
  • FyHunnit
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So ? really giving merit to Hip Hop reviews from Rolling Stone, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, The Boston Globe and The Washington Post, I know TRU is probably ass but I cant take these media outlets serious, might as well let Bill O'Reiley review Cruel Summer.

Dumb post. You love reading reviews from Hip Hop sites that sometimes have no choice but to call garbage "hot" because they may have to work with that artist somewhere down the line.

I like the opinions of those media outlets. There's nothing to lose for them saying something is pure ass.
    So by your logic, we need more Radio personalities to write up these reviews? LOL, them the first ? 's in line to kiss some ass.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's getting his 15 in.
  • The Recipe
    Options

Dumb post. You love reading reviews from Hip Hop sites that sometimes have no choice but to call garbage "hot" because they may have to work with that artist somewhere down the line.

I like the opinions of those media outlets. There's nothing to lose for them saying something is pure ass.
    So by your logic, we need more Radio personalities to write up these reviews? LOL, them the first ? 's in line to kiss some ass.

I just would prefer to get my reviews from a media outlet that is actually in touch with my culture.
  • GeE-757
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    He's getting his 15 in.

lol@ 15min....2chainz has been n da game fa a hot minute & all his hard work is payin off now.,.