Do you use E-slang in real life or just on your Home Computer?

Options
H-Rap 180
H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in AKA Donkey
I see people on here using Internet slang expressions that I don't see on Twitter or in my own text messages.

Do you use words like "Stan" and phrases like "Took an L" or "Capin" in your text messages and verbal conversations?

Comments

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mockingly .... But I did tell my homeboy the other day that ochocinco got "ethered" by ev ..... That ? was realllll talk tho
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I use "Took a L" alot
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol i never heard some one outside this forum say you took an L.

but i heard capin before.

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I use Captin and L

and sometimes Duck tales.

I never hear anyone say ETHER though unless they mention the song
  • MD_EGA
    MD_EGA Members Posts: 554 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ya i actually use to type the way i texted on social sites like i'd say uh instead of a or wen instead of when or dis instead of this but of course grammer freaks on sites like this get butt hurt easy&started nagging me to use periods commons and spell right....still dont do it
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    Mockingly .... But I did tell my homeboy the other day that ochocinco got "ethered" by ev ..... That ? was realllll talk tho

Good one, Ether is another expression I never hear outside of AHH....homotional is another one.

A question:

I refused to join a circle-? in a thread and hate on Drake and one of the posters said I capped him....WTF is a cap?

Is saying CAP like an alternate way of saying HATe hat/cap? Stupid question but I'm just curious.

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

Good one, Ether is another expression I never hear outside of AHH....homotional is another one.

A question:

I refused to join a circle-? in a thread and hate on Drake and one of the posters said I capped him....WTF is a cap?

Is saying CAP like an alternate way of saying HATe hat/cap? Stupid question but I'm just curious.

Capin is like Snapping it is a term from the 90's also, we use to call yo Momma jokes Capin.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Lol @ t/s playing stupid like he doesn't know what a cape is...
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a cape, like the one batman and captain save a hoe wear.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I say 'Loss' instead of L outside of the internet
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »

A question:

Capin is like Snapping it is a term from the 90's also, we use to call yo Momma jokes Capin.
    I get it now.

Here on the West we say "Cap" as like slang when you spit game like if is said "I'm about to cap at this ? ".

When I was in the joint and we would shoot game in letters we would call it Dry-cappin.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I shout Tabernacle! and CHUUUUCH! everywhere I go
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    an example of how I speak outside of the internet would be

"That ? lost, son"
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just "took an L" and "Hard On Hoes."

I seriously want one of those t-shirts.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I talk the same way in real life.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Internet slang starts in the streets. I've heard all that ? before in one for or another.
  • H-Rap 180
    Options
    Will_89 wrote: »
    Hell yea ? , I carry 50 meme pictures in my pocket during the day and flash them at the appropiate times. I'm the envy of all my friends at parties.

Or when you text someone you incorporate forum slang on accident?

jono wrote: »
    Internet slang starts in the streets. I've heard all that ? before in one for or another.

Yeah but not everybody is from the streets or be around people from the streets.

For example a white guy from an all-white town may say a word like "? -gobbler" and think it's normal while we would see it as suspect and odd.

its funny how Twitter & forums have different terminology that can baffle a texter that ain't familiar with either.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell yea ? , I carry 50 meme pictures in my pocket during the day and flash them at the appropiate times. I'm the envy of all my friends at parties.

Yeah but not everybody is from the streets or be around people from the streets.

For example a white guy from an all-white town may say a word like "? -gobbler" and think it's normal while we would see it as suspect and odd.

its funny how Twitter & forums have different terminology that can baffle a texter that ain't familiar with either.

yoooo lmao
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take the L yeah I used that
  • H-Rap 180
    Options

yoooo lmao

I didn't creat this thread to cause extreme emotional reactions from white folks but when I do make them emotional they immediately mention a variation of "? " while turning red.

The last ones that got emotional over my words called me a ? -tickler, Pole-smoker, ? -Sucker, and
    ? -licker......phrases I never hear in real life.

E-Slang kinda exposes people online and in real life, emotions should never trigger references to male ? .
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually only properly speak on the internet surpisingly. In person I know I have a deep country ass voice.