Do The Houston Rockets Win 2 Chips If Jordan Doesn't Retire?

Options
Kil889
Kil889 Members Posts: 158
edited August 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Was in another infamous barber shop debate, the question this time is would Hakkem and the Rockets won their two chips if Jordan never retired? I said no but a lot of dudes felt that the Rockets had one weapon that the other 6 west coast teams that lost to the Bulls didn't have which was of course Olajuwon. I can say if either one of those squads could have beat the Bulls it would've been the 2nd year squad when Clyde Drexler came. What do cats think? Would Hakeem have 2 chips if Jordan stayed? Also check out "Back to Back" a NBA TV look into the Rockets back to back championships and get a reminder of just how nice Hakeem was and why EVERY big man needs to be made to go to his camp.

http://www.willmakebeatsforfood.com/2012/08/hoop-dreams-back-to-back-houston-rockets.html

Comments

• Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maybe its hard to win 8 straight championships. after winning the first 3 Jordan was spent mentally and physically and im sure the other players were as well. Thats alot of games being played and alot of short summers.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does Jordan win rings if Magic didn't get sick and Bird didn't have a bad back.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Jordan didnt retire the would have probly won 4 str8 maybe 5 but I think they lose one or two of those 3 from 96-98... They wouldn't have won 8 str8 they would've probly never got rodman and Kerr and stuff and they were important in the 2nd 3peat
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And a lot of dudes would've lost hunger
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no...they wouldve lost in 12
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the rockets would've got'em.I'm bias on this,btw.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rockets would have had a good chance had they met in the Finals. Houston didn't have a problem handling the Bulls in the regular season in those years, i seen 2 live games myself back in 93-94 and Rockets won both
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Would love to see mad max on jordan in the finals.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe, winning 8 straight just seems highly unlikely to me, doesn't matter if it's MJ or not, plus Hakeem played like a man possessed in '94.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They wouldn't have had a chance of beating the Bulls in 94, that Rockets team has to be the worst championship team in NBA history. In 95 the Bulls would have had the advantage depending on if Horace Grant had stayed and the role players didn't leave
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont think so.. and yes i do think the bulls woulda won 8 straight. if we are assuming the bulls would have atleast made it to the finals in those years, then who in the west woulda beat them?? MJ has 6 finals mvps (at the time, 3 straight).. so you know that no matter what, hes giving you the best (of all time) in those finals' games. the rockets wouldnt of had enough to counter that..

its hard to imagine a team winning 8 straight championships.. but this is the GOAT we are talking about, and pippen and rodman would have still be there, not to mention the zen master
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes....modern teams fall off after going to 3 straight finals, look it up

After an 82 game season, plus 20 plus playoff games that's a lot of wear and tear on the body plus mentally challenging

Look at 84-87 Celtics, they made 4 straight but only won 2 of them

Lakers in 87-89

Lakers in 2000-02

Lakers in 08-10

Each team had fall offs(relatively speaking) after multiple finals runs

• CockMcStuffins
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Oh my bad let me give the typical cheap seats/Jordan stans answer

Yes lawd Jordan would've won 10 in a row, he was perfect and couldn't lose

He was the creator of the NBA and author and finisher of 4th quarters
  • dbrazil412
    Options

jordan has never lost in a NBA finals, as you know.. so why present an arguement staying that somehow he'd lose one?

to be out of the league basically 2 years, just to come back and win 3 straight again?? wouldnt you think he woulda been rusty, just a lil out of shape.. just didnt have the same feel for the game? what if they woulda lost in 96.. the 'what if' woulda been.. 'what if he never retired??' there would have been no logical reason to assume (since thats what we're doing), that the bulls wouldnt have atleast been good enough to atleast make it to the finals in 94, 95.. which leads me back to my previous post...

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    didn't Houston win the second one, when Jordan came back and got eliminated by the Magics ???
    ShaqPenny_display_image_display_image.jpg?1300868769

koolaid.jpg

? will hit u with the Bill Cosby, "u see here lad, the problem was that Jordan was'nt 100% in to ...the puddDING".

Jordan was great, but let's be real. Nobody on the Bulls could stop Olajuwon. Hakeem would command double teams @ times, triple teams.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Does Jordan win rings if Magic didn't get sick and Bird didn't have a bad back.

Jordan beat Magic in a finals.
  • dbrazil412
    Options
    didn't Houston win the second one, when Jordan came back and got eliminated by the Magics ???

koolaid.jpg

? will hit u with the Bill Cosby, "u see here lad, the problem was that Jordan was'nt 100% in to ...the puddDING".

Jordan was great, but let's be real. Nobody on the Bulls could stop Olajuwon. Hakeem would command double teams @ times, triple teams.

and how many games did jordan play that year? 15??
  • CockMcStuffins
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »

jordan has never lost in a NBA finals, as you know.. so why present an arguement staying that somehow he'd lose one?

to be out of the league basically 2 years, just to come back and win 3 straight again?? wouldnt you think he woulda been rusty, just a lil out of shape.. just didnt have the same feel for the game? what if they woulda lost in 96.. the 'what if' woulda been.. 'what if he never retired??' there would have been no logical reason to assume (since thats what we're doing), that the bulls wouldnt have atleast been good enough to atleast make it to the finals in 94, 95.. which leads me back to my previous post...

And Jordan has never played or won 8 straight finals so why present an argument saying he would've won 8 straight?

U say he was rusty taking a year and a half off, I say he got some much needed and much helpful rest while the other top contenders were going through rough playoff battles
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dbrazil412 ....Jordan played at least half the season that year
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »

koolaid.jpg

and how many games did jordan play that year? 15??

it don't ? matter
    Y'all sit here and say ? like, "had Jordan never retired, Hakeem would of never won".
    Then we bring up, that Jordan was there for Hakeem's 2nd Ring, & Got eliminated By Penny N Shaq.
    But then y'all say, "Well Jordan didn't have enough games to activate Space Jam Mode".

17 games is more than ? enough time to get your touch back. then add the 4, they played to beat the Hornets in the 1st round. Then add all the hours he spent practicing.

• TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dbrazil412 ....Jordan played at least half the season that year

17 games is not half the season