LeBron..................What the ? wrong with you?

Options
DillaDeaf
DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
I mean really ? , really? :

Nike's LeBron Sneakers to Test $300 Limit

MK-BW619A_NIKEP_G_20120820183908.jpg

ike Inc. (NKE) is raising the prices of its sneakers, assuming that the brand's cachet will carry it through a period when many of its shoppers are scrounging for discounts.

As labor, materials and shipping costs increase, Nike is raising shoe and clothing prices by 5% to 10%, analysts say. A test of the approach comes this fall, when Nike will debut its priciest sneaker yet—an expected $315 LeBron James basketball shoe that includes its own electronics.

The price leaps come after Nike's gross margins dropped to 42.8% from 44.3% in its most recent quarter ending May 31, the sixth-straight year-to-year quarterly decline. Nike's margins are now lower than most of its direct competitors, rival Adidas AG and apparel maker Under Armour Inc.
The price increases, from a company whose trendy footwear sometimes generates long lines of avid buyers, may test even the most dedicated Nike fans.
"Prices are getting crazy excessive and as long as we continue to buy sneakers, Nike is going to keep increasing the prices," said Donell Brown, 30, who owns a cleaning services company in Dearborn, Mich.

Mr. Brown said he and his friends have been posting messages on Twitter and YouTube, urging other longtime sneaker fans not to buy the pricier LeBron shoes and to forgo waiting in line for new sneaker releases.
Nike's price increases are also being felt at the lower end: The venerable Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star sneaker now costs $50 compared with $45 a year ago.
Nike isn't the only sneaker maker asking customers to pay more. Adidas's signature three-striped Superstar shoes now cost $70, nearly 8% more than a year ago. Overall basketball shoe prices were up 9.4% compared with a year before as of June, according to market researcher NPD Group Inc., while soccer cleats jumped 15.5% and running shoes climbed 5.5%.
Nike's basketball and soccer shoes make up about half its North American business, according to analysts.
Some families are already noting sticker shock as they start back-to-school shopping.
"Sneaker prices have definitely shot up this year," said Lucy Rangel, 37 years old, who was shopping for sneakers with her two teenage daughters at a Foot Locker store in Dallas.
Ms. Rangel said she paid $114 for a new pair of pink and purple Nike sneakers for her 12-year-old daughter, up from $69.99 she paid last year for a similar pair.

Comments

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    I read that the regular version of the shoe without the electronics ? cost 180
  • DillaDeaf
    Options

Still way too much ............................
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Lol that's how they go regularly. Always in that $150-180 range.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They aight...
    But the Lebron Cannon 9 >>>>
  • DillaDeaf
    Options

As a parent, I ain't gonna be shelling out that much ...for what? and with the prices of today's bills and things and student loans, forget getting an 180 shoes...of course there always gonna be a dumb ? who think he got it made with $180 shoes and living with his parents at age 45 *cough cough* Jeff Axel *cough cough*

• peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn jeff is really taking a beating over the last couple days lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at blaming lebron nike the ones setting the pricing.....and ? still gunna ? each other over some ? shoes. If ? gon be dumb enough to buy a shoe cause of a lebron logo or a jordan logo or a kobesystem logo nike gon still make them ? overpriced haha.

When it comes to value=price=performance (if you ball in them) adidias or reebok > nike

And to me casual shoes >>> basketball shoes

• DillaDeaf
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Lol at blaming lebron nike the ones setting the pricing.....and ? still gunna ? each other over some ? shoes. If ? gon be dumb enough to buy a shoe cause of a lebron logo or a jordan logo or a kobesystem logo nike gon still make them ? overpriced haha.

When it comes to value=price=performance (if you ball in them) adidias or reebok > nike

I actually ball in Adidas...I sort of switch to Reebok "Zig" shoes (cost me 70 bucks) since it was easier on my shin (because I was excersing to lose the weight my diabetic physician ask me too - have type two diabetes) ..but anyway...Adidas or Reebok I always go with those as well.

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SMH why are people paying that much? Foresight.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    is the swoosh backwards on that?
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

I actually ball in Adidas...I sort of switch to Reebok "Zig" shoes (cost me 70 bucks) since it was easier on my shin (because I was excersing to lose the weight my diabetic physician ask me too - have type two diabetes) ..but anyway...Adidas or Reebok I always go with those as well.

adidias and reebok under the same conglomerate now so they have simular stategies and models for they shoes. but what i like is if you just looking for shoes to ball hard in or run in (i run road races) and you only wanna pay $70 you can get a decent reliable shoe (some even cheaper than that. but for nike a $70 shoe is ? compaired to the reebok or adidias shoe in that same price point.

and from a style point i never understood what was cool about having 900 pairs of basketball shoes for every outfit and ? ...to me thats some female ? .
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Axel taking shots from a deaf ? ? lol Damn homie...

But smh @ ? buying the kicks with the electronics just to see how high they can jump. What a waste of money..
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? still gon buy the shoes tho............

24528214.jpg
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As a parent, I ain't gonna be shelling out that much ...for what? and with the prices of today's bills and things and student loans, forget getting an 180 shoes...of course there always gonna be a dumb ? who think he got it made with $180 shoes and living with his parents at age 45 *cough cough* Jeff Axel *cough cough*

wholetime iont have a single pair of Lebrons or any type of shoes $100+ so dont try to randomly diss me stereotyping
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i don't agree with any of these. but with any product, if people are WILLING to spend to get it, then why not set the price high? lebron and nike isn't making people camp out at stores and fight for the shoes like pack of lions who have just been tossed a cow.

i know its difficult to understand, but the BEST thing to do is NOT BUY THE DAMN SHOES!!! not from the store, not from cousin Bootsie at the barber shop and not from ebay for 4x the price....if they don't make a profit on those shoes, they'll know they priced them too high and prices will move in the other directions.

come on yall. you can do better than this!!!
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    i don't agree with any of these. but with any product, if people are WILLING to spend to get it, then why not set the price high? lebron and nike isn't making people camp out at stores and fight for the shoes like pack of lions who have just been tossed a cow.

i know its difficult to understand, but the BEST thing to do is NOT BUY THE DAMN SHOES!!! not from the store, not from cousin Bootsie at the barber shop and not from ebay for 4x the price....if they don't make a profit on those shoes, they'll know they priced them too high and prices will move in the other directions.

come on yall. you can do better than this!!!

basic economic theory that mofos can't seem to understand no matter how intuitive the concept is

still..............

where can I preorder my pair of $300 Bron-Brons??
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    anybody know how much the Lebron Air Arnold Palmers cost?

Nike-LeBronold-Palmer-9-Low-1.jpg
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you a fool if u pay that for a shoe... but ? bout Js and Yeezys...
  • CollegeBoi12
    CollegeBoi12 Members Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭
    Options
    can't be life
    Nike trollin like Adidas did with the shoes with shackles on em
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    anybody know how much the Lebron Air Arnold Palmers cost?

Nike-LeBronold-Palmer-9-Low-1.jpg

I wouldn't buy them ? if my life depended on it
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ain't nobody forcing dumb trendy ? to trick off money on shoes. If ? are stupid enough to want to blow 200 plus dollars on sneakers, let them.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    wouldnt be caught dead in them ugly mfers if they was $80

unless "electronics" = actual ? magnet/catching machine. even then i might put them ? on layaway
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol smh I will buy J's.. but Lebrons? ? naw... u gotta have @ least 5 rings 4 me 2 spend ova 125 on yo shoe...