Dez Bryant Basically On House Arrest

Options
Michael_Malice
Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant has agreed to strict guidelines from team officials regarding his conduct away from the field.

The guidelines Bryant agreed to took effect Aug. 23 when the team returned to Dallas after three weeks of training camp in California, according to sources.

Sources say some of the rules Bryant must abide are as follows:

- A midnight curfew. If he's going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;

Read More>>>> http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8304196&city=dallas

Comments

• tha fury
    tha fury Members Posts: 897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grown ass man, can't do ? basically
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read that ? and was dumbfounded.

I can't farther comment on this.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is embarrassing for all parties involved
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    He'll ? it up.
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing Dez is missing is an ankle monitor.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta hand it to Jerry Jones

he be taking chances on ? ,literally
    then he be doing anything to keep his million dollar ? in line

we all know this ? need this.

the problem is that he might get str8 wit it then when this babying period is over,
    he reverts back to dismal behavior
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tha fury wrote: »
    Grown ass man, can't do ? basically

that's the problem. he isn't.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is what happens when you cant act professional and a team invests in you. homie gets paid millions of dollars and ? up every offseason
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk Why ? with money get involved in dumb ? .
    if i was raking hundreds of millions i'd NEVER get involved in some dumb ? .
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Act like a child, get treated like a child.

*shrugs*

Don't see Megatron, Julio, Roddy, Andre Johnson, etc with "curfews".

A team has two choices when you constantly do dumb ? .

1. Cut you.
    2. Treat you like a child.

He better be glad they're on number two... for now.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Act like a child, get treated like a child.

*shrugs*

Don't see Megatron, Julio, Roddy, Andre Johnson, etc with "curfews".

A team has two choices when you constantly do dumb ? .

1. Cut you.
    2. Treat you like a child.

He better be glad they're on number two... for now.

jerry prolly told him he is on his last strike too
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    idk Why ? with money get involved in dumb ? .
    if i was raking hundreds of millions i'd NEVER get involved in some dumb ? .

It's simple....? get babyed their whole life and when its time to grow up...they can't....just like that DT that nick saban made cry a few years ago....Manuel wright
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this is a good idea.. but its like an final ultimatium.. if he messes this up (which at this point, is more likely, that not), we're cutting him.. i applaud JJ for atleast trying to make dez accountable for his off the field actions up til this point
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In b4 som race baiter says this is racist.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    this is a good idea.. but its like an final ultimatium.. if he messes this up (which at this point, is more likely, that not), we're cutting him.. i applaud JJ for atleast trying to make dez accountable for his off the field actions up til this point

If he's got to have these kind of rules.....he'll find a way to mess it up. All these new rules aint doing nothing but coddling him even more. JJ already investing millions in him but now he has to invest even more money and resources because he can't be trusted to be a mature responsible adult. Its just setting him up for failure. At some point he's going to have learn to walk away from the dumb ? on his own. This aint the first time JJ had rules and 24hr security around his player. He did the same ? with Pacman..............and we see how that worked out.

Bottom line is no matter what JJ does its up to Dez....all them rules don't mean ? if he dont want to follow them.

• dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »

If he's got to have these kind of rules.....he'll find a way to mess it up. All these new rules aint doing nothing but coddling him even more. JJ already investing millions in him but now he has to invest even more money and resources because he can't be trusted to be a mature responsible adult. Its just setting him up for failure. At some point he's going to have learn to walk away from the dumb ? on his own. This aint the first time JJ had rules and 24hr security around his player. He did the same ? with Pacman..............and we see how that worked out.

Bottom line is no matter what JJ does its up to Dez....all them rules don't mean ? if he dont want to follow them.

i agree, i honestly think dez will ? it up.. but i'm saying atleast JJ is at a point where he's had enough. this might be a good thing for dez to be disciplined. for most of his life, he's probably did whatever he wanted, and got by because he was a great athlete.. now hes being held accountable basically for the first time in his life (outside of the incident with deion at OKST).
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    A grown man needs baby sitters. He should feel like a ? . Is he worth having on the team if you need to watch him like that?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get the premise but how will this help him get along with his mother? since this is what he recently got in trouble for?
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dude got a baby sitter with him 24 hours a day...and i bet money he still ? up
  • major pain
    Options
    i think its more of a message than anything... he ? up again.. his ass is probably gone. they did a similar thing with pacman
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    i think its more of a message than anything... he ? up again.. his ass is probably gone. they did a similar thing with pacman

Yep...and Pacman proceeded to beat up his 24hr "body guard" in one of those "Cowboy approved" night clubs. LOL.

• f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    hows taking chances on ? working out lately for the cowboys

they need to put jerry jones on lockdown and force him to make smart moves as a gm and maybe the cowboys would actually get the rigth personell and and make it past the first round of the playoffs
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Dez could attempt an assassination on the president for all i care.

Long as he gets 95+ catches for 14+ TDs and 1200+ yards Im good.

No ? given.
  • major pain
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    hows taking chances on ? working out lately for the cowboys they need to put jerry jones on lockdown and force him to make smart moves as a gm and maybe the cowboys would actually get the rigth personell and and make it past the first round of the playoffs

lol he's the owner and GM.. he is the only person that can put himself on lockdown and obviously he gonna do wtf he wants