The official 2012 "Who Dat" thread

Options

Comments

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We creepin on a come up, ? better watch out we can still make the wildcard.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thomas looks like his spot has been taken by The Ingram and Ivory show.

Where Sproles fit in when he comes back? Cuz I like the smash'em style we got know.
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pierre's our most balanced back, gotta keep him involved in offense. Knowing our history of injuries it was a smart move to keep 5 backs.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    Pierre's our most balanced back, gotta keep him involved in offense. Knowing our history of injuries it was a smart move to keep 5 backs.

Our best two games of the year was with without him.

I say trade Thomas in the offseason for a late round pick and keep Ingram, Ivory, Sproles, and Cadet.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Our best two games of the year was with without him.

I say trade Thomas in the offseason for a late round pick and keep Ingram, Ivory, Sproles, and Cadet.

Hell no, Ivory is limited in what he can do. He is a horrible blocker. Ingram is a better all around back. Trade T. Cadet. dude is not living up to the hype when you have Sproles, Ivory, Thomas, and Ingram. If anything trade Ingram.

Thomas is the best back of them all. He is still up there with Sproles on the screen game too.

As backs go:
    Sproles
    Thomas
    Imgram
    Ivory
    Cadet
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    He has better trade value. And he's older then Ingram and Ivory.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PT's not going nowhere...cuz he's the leader of the RB core, the most well rounded and plus Brees won't have it. He loves that screen too much to let go of him or Sproles.

If anything if Sproles comes back I think they use him less running between the tackle and more catching out of the back field and KR/PR. If anything to be safe with his injury. It does nothing but help us when he comes back. Just another weapon. They'll find the touches for him. The only reason our RB core wasn't lethal the first half of the season is because Kromer didn't know what the ? he was doing as head coach. He let a couple of fumbles in the preseason blind him to what he had in Ivory. U see when Vitt came back that ? told him he better use all of em.

Incorporating all the RBs by using each of their strengths makes it so much easier for Brees. Each of them has a strength and a weakness so they only work well when they have that rotation and are all used. Trading PT or Ivory IMO takes away 2 of the running games biggest strengths....vision and power but Ivory's major weakness is pass blocking. PT's more valuable because he's also the king of screens and a good pass blocker his weakness is that if used as a workhorse he will be injury prone. Ingram gives you that power but it only works when you give him a good amount of touches to get a rhythm and he lacks vision mostly from being used incorrectly for the first part of the season but he seems to be getting better. Sproles can run between the tackles as well but has insane speed, pass catching ability and is the most versatile because of his ST abilities but at certain times is a liability in pass blocking because of his size. So u need all of these guys. and it aint like you paying any of them a lot of money. So it is possible to keep them. If anything we need to get rid of overpaid ? on the DL (mainly sedrick ellis)

With Cadet the jury's still out. He's still a rookie. Don't think we'll hang on to him in the offseason if all the other 4 keep playing well for the rest of the season. With all the formations we use every game the way our RB core is (when used right) its an embarrassment of riches...I'd keep all of them. That RB by committee won us a SB when we were rotating PT, Mike Bell and Reggie.....this is the same thing except now you got 2 Mike Bells and replaced Reggie with Sproles...thats a major upgrade IMO.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That running back problem is a good problem to have because you never know when a injury might happen. I just don't know how long the team is going to be able to keep Ivory because he's going to want a bigger role. Good thing he's restricted after this season but next season might be his last as a Saint cause we can't afford to keep him.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    We will see if we still on the right track this game, cuz Oakland is not a good team.

Power Running and quick passes should open up the deep ball against this secondary.

Plus Palmer is known to ? up with bad decisions.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
    We balling now.
  • Shizlansky
    Options
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See ya soon

Man, worry about your next opponent and take ya ? to ya'll own thread.

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *Looks at how many teams have a worse record than the saints*

After that 0-4 start Im here like...

jth-o.gif
  • caddo man
    edited November 2012
    Options
    See ya soon

Man, worry about your next opponent and take ya ? to ya'll own thread.

? ?

There's no disrespect between Falcons and Saints' fans on here there guy. Caddo, Alpha, Jane, and Shizlansky is some of the coolest ppl on this whole website. We hate each other's teams but it's all love mane.

Hey dude Numbaz get respect..............................outside of this week.

AVI bet homie!!!!!!!!!!Arky and LUS (I know I spell it wrong) Golden Boot!!!!!!!!!
  • caddo man
    Options
    You already Snow!!!!!!!

Pig Sooiiiieeee win, lose, draw or blowout.

Even though the D looking pedestrian right now Miungo and big Sam still the best DE tandem in college football.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who Dat Nation!!!!
    We Ready!!!!!
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost game time!
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ha ? aint too happy right now no sympathy win for you ?
  • caddo man
    Options
    The D has finally looked cohesive. The run D fail in the end but the O is showing that a backup, backup off the waivers Tackle will not make it in the league.

Cadet needs to be on the trade block cause Roby, Joe Morgan and Sproles is back. They can put any of them back there. The run game was there for about 3 qtrs. I hope Payton comes back and sees the difference between when they can run and they can not.
  • caddo man
    Options

Was that payback? LOL!
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea nice payback for yall big mouth coach from last year. Wtf happened to Sedrick Ellis? I mean who have the Saints bee drafting on defense. That trade up for Mark Ingram wasn't smart. I still wouldn't be surprised if they got inteh playoffs. Even with all that we only beat the Saints by 10 and they proved last year they can overcome leads quickly. Just gotta get some more ballers in the front 7 ASAP.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Was that payback? LOL!

Damn right lol
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    those pick-6s hurt like a ? . we held them boys in line for the most part of the game. smh.
    i ain't trippin. we winning the rest of these games. hoping seattle falls flat and lose out that last playoff spot. lol
  • caddo man
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Yea nice payback for yall big mouth coach from last year. Wtf happened to Sedrick Ellis? I mean who have the Saints bee drafting on defense. That trade up for Mark Ingram wasn't smart. I still wouldn't be surprised if they got inteh playoffs. Even with all that we only beat the Saints by 10 and they proved last year they can overcome leads quickly. Just gotta get some more ballers in the front 7 ASAP.

Sedrick Ellis was a big disappointment. considering the hype though! C. Jordan is rounding out as a good pick.