Lupe Fiasco Says He's Fearful Of The Culture Chief Keef Represents

Options
Jdilla26
Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Reason
During an interview with Baltimore’s 92Q Jams, Lupe Fiasco had quite a lot to say in regards to Keef. The rapper even went on to state that he’s frightened by the kind of culture that Keef’s music represents.

“Chief Keef scares me. Not him specifically, but just the culture that he represents,” said Lupe in a video posted on FakeShoreDrive.com. “Specifically in Chicago. And I don’t speak this about any other city because I’m not from there. But like my family lives in Chicago. So my nephews, my cousins, my friends, and my peoples they all in those hoods that he represents. When you drive through Chicago…The hoodlums, the gangsters, and the ones you see killing each other. And the murder rate in Chicago is skyrocketing and you see who’s doing it and perpetrating it, they all look like Chief Keef.”
Lupe broke down his thoughts on Keef further as he spoke on the violence that has plagued the city of Chicago and numerous other cities and the damage that can be done when music similar to that of Keef’s is celebrated.

“When it comes to the point that you know that the kids who are doing the killings, and they’re kids 13 to 19-years-old, and you can replicate that in New Orleans, you can replicate that in Oakland. All the kids look the same,” Lupe explained. “But to know that those are the kids doing the killing and you take one of those kids and you celebrate that…When you’re at high schools speaking to students, telling ‘em how to survive the summer and you turn on the radio and you hear that? You like, ‘Aw nah.’”

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.20951/title.lupe-fiasco-says-hes-fearful-of-the-culture-chief-keef-represents

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe should hear the 13 year old Gangster rapper Lil Mouse...from Chicago. I made a topic about him in G&S, I'll link it here.

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/476986/13yr-old-gangsta-rapper-lil-mouse-youtube-sensation/p1

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I get what hes sayin (maybe) but downin somebody cause their brand of entertainment may be "harmful" aint my thing. Its legal and its entertainment. I heard lil dude (Chief keef) on the Atlanta radio on the countdown. The song was pretty good so it has popularity. He got a lotta people jealous.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    last week a 10 year old, 14 year old and 19 year old shot up some grown ass man just sitting on their porch talkin and bullshittin. and the 10 year old did the shooting!
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kids are getting killed everyday in Chicago use 2 visit every summer my family lives up there in Roseland Wild 100's young kids aint giving 2 fuxs and showing no remorse like Nas said "Accident Murders" Shortys have no aim
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? is up with these outsiders making sweeping generalizations about rap music? Not every rapper is here to entertain you. Some are here to vent and to represent their enviroment.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    Hol up yall. Let me put it like this. From what i seen Chicago been had these problems for years. So he's sayinthis dude is gon make it worse? What people dont recognize is Chief keef is actually doing the right thing by not being a criminal in the streets but making legal entertainment. Thats how it is in the real world. But when i was drivin and heard Dont like on the countdown and actually liked it i knew he was gon make people mad with that. Hes posta sit somewhere and be broke or go to jail or get shot is what they think.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    But i aint takin no sides. Lil dude is doin his thing an nobody criticizing him is stoppin him so good for him.
    Hol up yall. Let me put it like this. From what i seen Chicago been had these problems for years. So he's sayinthis dude is gon make it worse? What people dont recognize is Chief keef is actually doing the right thing by not being a criminal in the streets but making legal entertainment. Thats how it is in the real world. But when i was drivin and heard Dont like on the countdown and actually liked it i knew he was gon make people mad with that. Hes posta sit somewhere and be broke or go to jail or get shot is what they think. or make music that flops. Not make hits.

• idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can see what he means. Of course, people are gonna keep blowin his statements out of proportion like they been doin alot as of late.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hol up yall. Let me put it like this. From what i seen Chicago been had these problems for years. So he's sayinthis dude is gon make it worse? What people dont recognize is Chief keef is actually doing the right thing by not being a criminal in the streets but making legal entertainment. Thats how it is in the real world. But when i was drivin and heard Dont like on the countdown and actually liked it i knew he was gon make people mad with that. Hes posta sit somewhere and be broke or go to jail or get shot is what they think.

Naw fam aint knowbody knocking Keef hustle and yes Chicago has had problems for years but when u take one of those problems and glorify it and commercialized it like its the thing to do I see what he saying
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well we have a problem with our segment of society obviously
  • down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I definitely see where he's coming from, especially being that he's lived in the heart of that warzone before. Some people feel the exact same way about this whole generation that is coming up. Unfortunately, artists/people like Chief Keef will continue to prosper because of the industry and mindless youth (and some adults) who enjoy that lifestyle.
  • bossflossy
    bossflossy Members Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the ? is up with these outsiders making sweeping generalizations about rap music? Not every rapper is here to entertain you. Some are here to vent and to represent their enviroment.

you feel like lupe fiasco is an outsider?
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chief keef song, that ? i dont like
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    down2earth wrote: »
    I definitely see where he's coming from, especially being that he's lived in the heart of that warzone before. Some people feel the exact same way about this whole generation that is coming up. Unfortunately, artists/people like Chief Keef will continue to prosper because of the industry and mindless youth (and some adults) who enjoy that lifestyle.

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Lupe 100m its the same way in Detroit. you can't even walk down the street without thinking somebody is going to run up on you and rob you for $5 and some elite socks. its crazy how its glorified. call it being a real ? but thats not how anybody should be living, for what?
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Thumb through that check, thumb, thumb through that check"
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Lupe
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe moves like his label want a front for drug money, like chi town just started banging. he been grew up around people like keef his whole life, now he scared ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options