What are the best things you love about America and being American?

Options
God-I_Am_Ether
God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
edited August 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Man it's so much I could say here. I had the best child hood ever! I couldn't dream up any other utopia to be raised in.

I love our freedom so much.

I know it didn't start out great but I love my African American history. The strength my people displayed and over time they change this place with out war or guns or violence and know we have an African American President. Where else could that have happen? Only in America.

I love race mixing because in America we are one and the majority doesn't care about race.

I love how America is the place where dreams come true and many Foreigners come here and make a better life for themselves.

I love freedom of speech. It lets me say wtf I want on the IC (well outside of the dictatorship of the mods).

I love our harsh justice system designed to punish those who make the choice to ignore the rights of their fellow Americans.

So C'mon IC Americans. Show your patriotism. What do you love about our awesome country?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AMERICA! ? yeah!!

Comments

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess that living conditions are much worse in other countries.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    I guess that living conditions are much worse in other countries.

You guess? You guess?

C'mon American! You know.
    Show your love B.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even with all the negativity in the US, its still the best place to live. I was born a 2nd class citizen in my country of origin, but I can come to the US and have almost the same rights as the Whites.

My favorite part of living in the US is the fact that the American dream is still real. I came here at 6 years old, my immigrant parents worked minimum wage jobs to provide, and now at 23 I'm a business owner making my way up the ladder of success. Only in America is it possible.
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lowkey it's kinda ? -ish but I like open carrying my AR15 and giving cops a hard time...cuz I can and cuz...? the police!!!
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    Man those post are awesome!!

AMERICA! ? YEAH!
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the freedoms and the areas still considered wild.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I won't say it's the best place to live because I haven't been to enough other places. I like the fact that a dude like me could get money.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *mobile ether* for Rusty!!
    well said sir..
  • gorilla
    gorilla Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That our military can kick dog ? outta almost any other country

that's bout it
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like our marijuana! and the fact that americans are so brave that they risk their freedom to get some of it over here! AMERICAAAAA

america2.jpeg
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my favorite part is the idea that this country was/is founded on the ideals of freedom while it's true traditions include imperialism, bigoted racism, the slaughter of it's oldest inhabitants, oppression, regression, & covert enslavement of it's own citizens who are tricked into supporting it..

GOAT post
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That I could literally travel to damn near any country that I want as long as I have money.

My visa application will be confirmed instantly
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    my favorite part is the idea that this country was/is founded on the ideals of freedom while it's true traditions include imperialism, bigoted racism, the slaughter of it's oldest inhabitants, oppression, regression, & covert enslavement of it's own citizens who are tricked into supporting it..

You obviously don't know what it takes to build a great nation.

Show me any great nation in the past that didn't include those things.

I'll wait.

Besides this is the first nation that decided to give you homosexuals a voice.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rusty shackleford
    rusty shackleford Members Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You obviously don't know what it takes to build a great nation.

Show me any great nation in the past that didn't include those things.

I'll wait.
    my problem is that they pop that ? about terrorists [we just so happened to be responsible for training] hating us because of our freedoms when this ? never has been, nor was it ever meant to be, a place of universal liberty.. the people writing our precious documents proclaiming this fabulous freedumb at the same moment in time owned slaves that they used to run their households & fill up with their sticky ? ...
    Besides this is the first nation that decided to give you homosexuals a voice.
    lmgao @ the assertion that homosexuals been had the good life since we ran rome into the ground when i reference leviticus as the beginning of the homosexual slaughter 3400 years ago.. now it's america that first gave us a voice...

you can't have it both ways....

you & the chick, plap need to hop off your kidnapper's ? .. Stockholm syndrome havin' ass ? ..

• juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think a lot of american's don't realize how good they got it compared to other places.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can go outside and say ? the President\Governor\Mayor whoever and don't have to worry bout imprisonment..
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can do hood rat ? with my friends.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I like about this country is that I can walk down the street without getting harassed by those whose job is to protect and serve.

What I like about this country is that I am not judged by the color of my skin but by the content of my character.

What I like about this country is that the government and those in power never lie to the tax payers.

What I like about this country is that there is no national deficit and the country does not provide aid to other nations during their times of tragedy and catastrophe.

What I like about this country is that when a Hurricane ravages a community whose population is mainly black they provide assistance within hours and do not refer to the inhabitants are refugees.

Oh wait.................

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    frostyicy wrote: »
    What I like about this country is that I can walk down the street without getting harassed by those whose job is to protect and serve.

What I like about this country is that I am not judged by the color of my skin but by the content of my character.

What I like about this country is that the government and those in power never lie to the tax payers.

What I like about this country is that there is no national deficit and the country does not provide aid to other nations during their times of tragedy and catastrophe.

What I like about this country is that when a Hurricane ravages a community whose population is mainly black they provide assistance within hours and do not refer to the inhabitants are refugees.

Oh wait.................

Move
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options

Oh wait.................

EARTH. It's earth you don't like.
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Oh wait.................

That would make me an alien then huh???
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options

Oh wait.................

That would make me an alien then huh???

I'm a Lil Wayne sense. Maybe.