Metal Gear: Ground Zero

Options
ocelot
ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in IllGaming
Im at work...

Help a ? out by posting all the info...

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi... You're my only hope.

Comments

• scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    from ign
    It seems the Metal Gear game fans have been waiting for has been finally announced at Konami's Metal Gear 25th Anniversary event: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes.

The unveiling consisted of a real-time demo, but at this stage all English language reports about what was shown have come through Twitter. Guests were reportedly asked not to post about what they were seeing, but many did so anyway. While some posts were deleted within minutes, the picture that emerged is that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes is an open-world game and was reportedly demoed on a current-gen PC.

It's also running on the new FOX Engine and has left those at the event amazed.

@kazamatsuri said, "Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes demo was truly amazing, running on a PC at current-gen specs. Wow."

@markmacd tweeted, "Demo of "Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes", started w cutscene (all realtime), went into gameplay, open world, night, raining, base. AMAZING," followed by "Snake crawled @ avoiding searchlights, killed guard, rode jeep, called in heli for evac. Sounds like MG, but the scale & atmosphere... Wow."

@ItCameFromJapan chimed in with more details, saying, "Ground Zeroes on Fox Engine - rich detail, open world, and Old Snake is back!"

It is not known when Konami will reveal the Ground Zeroes to the rest of the world.

Earlier this week, during the latest Kojima Productions podcast, Kojima Productions' Chris Johns claimed announcements made at the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary event would "shake" the industry.

2rmtr2c.jpg

real in game photo from demo, and they just announced a metal gear solid movie
  • ocelot
    Options
    Thank You Based ? .
  • scoop1215
    edited August 2012
    Options
    They're assuming it could be in between 1975 and 1995 the Outer Heaven uprising because thats big boss in the photo u could see the eye patch strap above the night vision and that outfit has the logo on it from peace walker also its when big boss came back to america u could see the american flag in the backround under the left light.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank u lord...... Big Boss >>>>>>>>> ye favorite video game character
  • ocelot
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Outer Heaven... The only world where soldiers would always have a place.
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    They should put grey fox in this... He was in outer heaven wasn't he?
  • ocelot
    Options
    They should put grey fox in this... He was in outer heaven wasn't he?

Yeah him and Master Miller...
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PS3 ? goin turn on it if it ends up being multiplatform.
  • scoop1215
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I read another article on another website it is multiplatform but we still have one disk unlike 360 who will have like 5 discs for this masterpiece. They did say that this will be open world too.
  • ocelot
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    PS3 ? goin turn on it if it ends up being multiplatform.

meh... the HD collection went multiplat... Kojima been good to us for to long... He can eat.
  • scoop1215
    Options
    A little bit more info on the game from kotaku

The footage showed off how the engine can handle weather (like rain) as well as clothing textures and lighting.

In the demo, Snake crawled to avoid some searchlights. After a quick stealth ? , he hopped in a jeep and called in a helicopter for evac. The concept behind Ground Zeroes is that this is a "Game without Game Over".

So even if a player is discovered in this stealth title, the game isn't about to end. Instead, it's just getting started. Here, it sounds like Kojima Productions is adding a new spin to the sneaking genre—a genre the developer is a master of—by making more of a game out of the escape itself and allowing players to do things like radio in for support. The demo seemed to indicate that Ground Zeroes wants players to do much more than simply run and hide.

It's also been designed with the Xbox 360 and PS3 in mind.

The Fox Engine, however, isn't only for current gen. Konami is positioning the Fox Engine for both Cloud gaming and next gen consoles.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "This announcement is a challenge from Kojima Productions to the world, said Hideo Kojima."

"In the demo, Big Boss crawled to avoid some searchlights. After a quick stealth ? , he hopped in a jeep and called in a helicopter for evac. The concept behind Ground Zero is that this is a "Game without Game Over". So even if a player is discovered in this stealth title, the part where the game would usually end (their discovery) turns into their escape. It sounds like Kojima Productions is adding a new spin to the sneaking genre—a genre the developer is a master of."

"The demo was running on a PC at current-gen specs, and its wow-factor seemed to impress those in attendance. It's also been designed with the Xbox 360 and PS3 in mind. The Fox Engine, however, isn't only for current gen. Konami is positioning the Fox Engine for both Cloud gaming and next gen consoles."
    http://kotaku.com/5939164/kona...

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero announced, starring Big Boss
    (originally reported to be “Ground Zeroes”, yet another English-butchering title)

"Big Boss is the main protagonist thanks to a photo published by Famitsu. Rocking a Militares Sans Frontieres patch on his arm, Big Boss is shown sporting a sneaking suit, an assault rifle, and a set of sweet-looking night vision goggles. The setting/time period set up by Big Boss’ presence begs the question: will we get a glimpse of a young Solid Snake?"
    http://videogamewriters.com/me...

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero Demo Screenshot (Large):
    http://i852.photobucket.com/al...

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero Promotional Poster (Medium):
    http://i852.photobucket.com/al...

The Demo apparently takes place in the United States considering there's an American flag in the background (mid-left) of the screenshot pic. Even though Big Boss formed the Militaires Sans Frontières in 1972, it does seem as though Ground Zero will probably take place shortly after the events in Peace Walker (1974). Clearly the "Zero" in the title "Ground Zero" is a reference to the other founding member of the Patriots, David Oh aka "Zero"...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    I say got damn.......this shut is gonna be epic.....but I doubt we see solid snake he didn't appear until 95 I believe it was according to the timeline.....and even then he s still a rookie....THIS is the type of shir metal gear fans want.....not that revengance ?
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    this ? will be GOAT
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if i dont get this! im knockin somebody out and taken theirs
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    so it will be big boss vs zero?
  • ocelot
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    so it will be big boss vs zero?

Looks like it... I want to see the fallout...

• themadlionsfan
    Options
    Big boss vs zero?.....awwww ? ..if thats the case they gonna cover the les enfant teribles project....oh ? this might turn into a solid/liquid snake origin story.....kojima da gawd strikes again
  • ocelot
    Options
    Big boss vs zero?.....awwww ? ..if thats the case they gonna cover the les enfant teribles project....oh ? this might turn into a solid/liquid snake origin story.....kojima da gawd strikes again

I want to see what happened to Sigint and Para medic and see why they went to Zero side...And what made Zero want to go illuminati anyways... I know ? is deeper than rap...lol
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    did any of yall play peace walker?
  • MR.CJ
    Options
    so that means ocelot will be in this one?
  • ocelot
    Options
    Heard yesterday they had a Japanese celeb talking about how Japan used to be #1 in the Olympic in gymnastics and how they fell off... And how they are just now getting gold again... He said the gaming industry is the same the Japanese developers used to be the best and everyone looked up to them and now they fell off... That have to work harder and be great again... Kojima said that it kills him to acknowledge that he's not the best anymore..

I noticed that ? when I was in Japan for 3 years... Hope they get it together and put out classics again...
  • scoop1215
    edited September 2012
    Options
    There might be more news tommorrow at P.A.X. Prime it's schedule time is Saturday 9/1 1:00PM - 2:00PM

Hideo Kojima Introspective: Past, Present, and the Future of METAL GEAR

In celebration of the 25th anniversary of the METAL GEAR franchise, PAX proudly presents legendary game designer, Hideo Kojima. Fans will gain access to a one hour introspective in which the visionaire reflects upon the history of one of the most respected game series of all time, and where the road may lead. The discussion will be moderated by Spike TV’s Geoff Keighley.

Be sure to join us from 3 - 4:30pm to meet the legendary creator of METAL GEAR, Hideo Kojima, at his first-ever PAX autograph signing event.

It might be on twitch