"We Built it"

Options
God-I_Am_Ether
God-I_Am_Ether Members Posts: 3,409
edited August 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
Thoughts on the GOP's slogan

QPydY.png

Plus Condoleezza Rice's speech was amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8YxXcZeHA4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Paul Ryan speech was great as well.

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Condoleezza Rice's speech>>>>>>>>>>>>Paul Ryan's speech
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wait till the DNC if you're looking intelligent discussion.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    took what obama said way out of context...but hey who needs silly things like facts at the RNC??
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    basically they took something he said out of context and ran with it.....politics is damn game ? is a circus
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If we wanna be really real. Which I am:

[img]https://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/216177_4406924532838_2072385248_n.jpg[/img]

Built it two times actually, and if people insist on calling Obama the first Black president, Black folks have only called it a home one time in this nation's 200+ year existence.

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    If you want more jobs then you want more entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs built this country.
  • Copper
    edited August 2012
    Options
    cheap labor + cotton built this country it was the "king crop" what made america rich and we all know who picked it
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you want more jobs then you want more entrepreneurs. Entrepreneurs built this country.

When are you going to jail for the stupid ? you post?

@Thula Doom
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never follow attack ads or hate rallies. Its basically saying to me ” listen to this ? cause I have nothing to offer”. Tell me what makes you worth voting for. People go there to hear what they want to hear.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »

really? they built the roads and the infrastructure? didn't know that

also if all entrepreneurs ran businesses like mitt romneys all they'd be doing is firing people. when did mitt ever create a job over at bain? if we need an expert in how to fire and bankrupt companies we know who to ask

I'm not talking about what Obama said. I'm talking about entrepreneurs period
    cheap labor + cotton built this country it was the "king crop" what made america rich and we all know who picked it

The person that picked is secondary to the people that came up with the whole idea. The business plan. Without that then the picking means nothing.
  • Copper
    Options
    Idea + no labor/footwork ...also = 0
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "we built it" is such a disrespectful and condescending thing to say. Who built what yo? Who is we? Republicans? When did the Republicans build ? ? Politically, in 1933 when America was living its worth economic crises, a democrat fixed everything. He put SS out, some type of welfare and changed the failing system of banking after Republicans ? it all up. In 2000, a Democratic president left the country with its best economy in decades, and a republican president tore it down in 8 years, and now a Democrat is again trying to fix that and the shattered bank system again.

But we all know what "we" means isn't Republican, we means "white." and it means "Christian" SMH at Rice and any other Black or any Minority that supports these ? .

The US economy was originally built on black slaves, then it grew during the industrial revolution when they got the Chinese to build the railroads. Blacks = non white Chinese = non Christian. So what the ? did these white Christian Republicans build? FOH with that disrespect
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options

False. You can always do it yourself but to get to the point if hiring is spreading the wealth and helping others.

1 person can build a company and hire 100s of people that had no clue how they was going to feed themselves were it not for that one persons ideas.

• illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this country was built off slavery..
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    this country was built off slavery..

Started off on slavery.
    Correct.

That ? doesn't matter nolonger.

The Whole Entire World was built off slavery.

Your point?
    That's an empty saying.

• Copper
    Options

False. You can always do it yourself but to get to the point if hiring is spreading the wealth and helping others.

1 person can build a company and hire 100s of people that had no clue how they was going to feed themselves were it not for that one persons ideas.
    u talking about what they can do im talking about what they did do
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fox News' Sally Kohn: Paul Ryan's RNC Speech 'Was Attempt To Set World Record For Blatant Lies'
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/30/fox-news-sally-kohn-paul-ryan_n_1842580.html
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea that fact check was hilarious. dude was up there telling lies
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options

Then talk about all of what "They" did then. There's a whole history leading all the way from slavery up to Aug 30 2012.

Not a ? slave insight and a Black President.
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    What party changed the laws for those slaves?????
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bumper sticker politricks at its best.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The term "we built it" is used in a way where they feel like, if we built it, its mine and I'm entitled to it. "We" being white Christians, means that, this country belongs to white Christians.

SMH at any minority supporting this ? . ? basically said America belongs to only white Christians and a black dude like @Ether tap danced to the beat of their applause. Smh at the disrespect and smh at any minority supporting these ? .
  • God-I_Am_Ether
    Options
    What party supported slavery???????
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What party supported slavery???????

Ummm both