the PS3 is a slow ? !!!

Options
One Spliff
One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in IllGaming
after recently copping an xbox 360 im gobsmacked...

i used to partake in fanboy beefs back in the day n ride for the ps3, but damn...the ? is slow as ? compared to the 360.

i duno wether is becos i have a fat ps3 n maybe the slim ps3 r alot quicker, but i cant even send a private message without the ? lagging, checking messages while ingame is the worst, ? takes a good 10 seconds b4 it loads up.

360 u can turn of the console damn near instantly, on the ps3 it takes 5-7 seconds...

smh.

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't play online, but as far as streaming netflix and downloading its pretty fast for me. lol@ complaining about how long a system takes to log off.Was this really thread worthy? I thought consoles were for games and not about sending messages?
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO, it's always been like that; Fat or Slim, ? is still slow.
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let the console fighting begin

Fight.gif
  • One Spliff
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    I don't play online, but as far as streaming netflix and downloading its pretty fast for me. lol@ complaining about how long a system takes to log off.Was this really thread worthy? I thought consoles were for games and not about sending messages?

i mean i dont udnerstand why my ? lags wen all i wana do is read a damn message, its always been like that but i didnt kno the 360 was alot quicker and more efficient.

the ps3 cant even keep time properly.. for explame right now my ps3 clock is 6 MINUTES TIOO FAST !!!, everytime i set the right time the ? jus goes back to being too fast.

come on.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    lol i think that time thing goes for mine too.

but isnt a 360 closer to a pc? that would explain why stuff like that processes faster.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    EDIT: Ps3 ram is divided between the cpu and gpu, 256mb each. 360 has 512mb ram to use for what ever it needs.

That's why it's faster for the menu interface, booting etc.

"With the Xbox 360, you have 512mb shared between the CPU and GPU. If you play a game which requires more focus on CPU and less on graphics (such as a RTS game), then this would be a great advantage, since the CPU can take up like 70% of the total RAM if needed to.

As for the PS3, you have 256mb dedicated to CPU and another 256mb dedicated to GPU. You have the same RAM in total, but the CPU cannot "borrow" some of the GPU's RAM if it needed to, which could be a disadvantage for some games and make it harder for developers. However I am sure the PS3 has faster RAM to compensate."

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26456612
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PC Gaming >>>

That is all
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You pay for online...

/thread
  • One Spliff
    edited September 2012
    Options
    EDIT: Ps3 ram is divided between the cpu and gpu, 256mb each. 360 has 512mb ram to use for what ever it needs.

That's why it's faster for the menu interface, booting etc.

"With the Xbox 360, you have 512mb shared between the CPU and GPU. If you play a game which requires more focus on CPU and less on graphics (such as a RTS game), then this would be a great advantage, since the CPU can take up like 70% of the total RAM if needed to.

As for the PS3, you have 256mb dedicated to CPU and another 256mb dedicated to GPU. You have the same RAM in total, but the CPU cannot "borrow" some of the GPU's RAM if it needed to, which could be a disadvantage for some games and make it harder for developers. However I am sure the PS3 has faster RAM to compensate."

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/26456612

all i know is it takes a long ass time to read a message wen playing MW3 and sometimes that ? will literally take 45secs to a minute...until the server damn near kicks me for inactivity
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends honestly.

If my harddrive is fulled... ? is slow.

I free up space and it's great.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like xbox live, I really do.....BUT
    After recently obtaining a PS3, and honestly, and I really can't believe I'm saying this, but PSN+ is better, leagues better just based off the fact you get 12 free games from the ? for less a month than what XBL costs......damn no cross game chat and whatever else trivial ? XBL has that PSN don't.

You get the basic ? for free plus the games for less than what M$ stay nickel and diming for.And it's not like it's ? games,it's really good ? they GIVING away.

I'm just saying.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After recently obtaining a PS3, and honestly, and I really can't believe I'm saying this, but PSN+ is better, leagues better just based off the fact you get 12 free games from the ? for less a month than what XBL costs......damn no cross game chat and whatever else trivial ? XBL has that PSN don't.

You get the basic ? for free plus the games for less than what M$ stay nickel and diming for.And it's not like it's ? games,it's really good ? they GIVING away.

I'm just saying.

12? I got like 30+ games (That I'll probably never touch, at least no time soon) in these last couple of months).
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »

? you cant even debate after saying that ?
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Sion. wrote: »
    I've never had this problem with my PS3, you ? must have the new ones. I still have the 80gb joint that's backwards compatible.

You just don't know what fast is. You've never experienced it. Nh

You dont know what great games are.. you've never experienced it.
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i got a 250 gig slim and my joint runs like a dream...havent even filled it half way yet
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm just saying.

12? I got like 30+ games (That I'll probably never touch, at least no time soon) in these last couple of months).

I just started with PS+. so I only got 12.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never really noticed the msg speed. 360 is faster as far as downloading demos go, which is why i d/l majority of demos on 360 unless its a ps3 exclusive.

Those who keep saying you pay for xbox live, I doubt psn will be free for ps4, with all that money Sony saw M$ racked up
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't give a ? if it's a bit slower, I'm not dying to read messages or friend requests. I'm sure your boyfriends can wait Spliff.

But aside the "slow as ? " PS3, I have a PS3 for games, games that are >>>>> 360 games.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never really noticed the msg speed. 360 is faster as far as downloading demos go, which is why i d/l majority of demos on 360 unless its a ps3 exclusive.

Those who keep saying you pay for xbox live, I doubt psn will be free for ps4, with all that money Sony saw M$ racked up

That doesn't make sense...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Fios + PS3 = Win

Download 1GB worth of data in 6-7 minutes. Definitely not slow.
  • momanpr100
    momanpr100 Members Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk what homeboy is taking bout, but I'm watching espn live right now on my ps3, bout to watch some live football in a couple hours. you can't do that ? with a 360. Go head with your nerd ass, he said I go check a message and it takes forever lol. Online play is for nerds and kids.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    Options
    momanpr100 wrote: »
    Idk what homeboy is taking bout, but I'm watching espn live right now on my ps3, bout to watch some live football in a couple hours. you can't do that ? with a 360. Go head with your nerd ass, he said I go check a message and it takes forever lol. Online play is for nerds and kids.

Hell yeah son. Playing video games on a video game console is wack. Where they do that at??
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    momanpr100 wrote: »
    Idk what homeboy is taking bout, but I'm watching espn live right now on my ps3, bout to watch some live football in a couple hours. you can't do that ? with a 360.

You can watch Live Sports on it in the UK.

And from the U.S.

• vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

That doesn't make sense...

What doesnt make sense?