"DA BEARS" Official 2012 Appreciation Thread

Options
167891012»

Comments

• twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think they're going to let Lovie go into his final contract instead of firing him. Players and the Owners like him too much.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    I think they're going to let Lovie go into his final contract instead of firing him. Players and the Owners like him too much.

Bears have a new Gm with Lovie not making the playoffs it's a wrap. After starting 7-1 then a monumental collapse...... The GM is gonna bring one of his guys in
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lovie's out......
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    Lovie's out......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuO8IMfF-Us

ap_flags_half_staff_wg.jpg

Flags are being lowered in remembrance of Lovie's Chicago tenure.

smith_Nuccio-DiNuzzo-624x416.jpg

He'll be back in the NFL.

0104_lovie-smith-chicago-bears_485x340.jpg

Lovie Smith 2004-2012

Never Forget.

Great Man, Great Coach, a credit to the coaching profession.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cobbland wrote: »
    Chicity wrote: »
    Lovie's out......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuO8IMfF-Us

ap_flags_half_staff_wg.jpg

Flags are being lowered in remembrance of Lovie's Chicago tenure.

smith_Nuccio-DiNuzzo-624x416.jpg

He'll be back in the NFL.

0104_lovie-smith-chicago-bears_485x340.jpg

Lovie Smith 2004-2012

Never Forget.

Great Man, Great Coach, a credit to the coaching
    profession.
    No doubt he will get another job especially with his record won't surprised if any team is calling him as we speak. Wouldn't be mad if they fave him another but with a new GM it wasn't logical that was going to happen

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Good, when you miss the postseason 5 out of the last 6 seasons then you need to go
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drink a 40 to his memories. It's been real Lovie!!!!
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8794864/brandon-marshall-chicago-bears-wants-lovie-smith-back-coach

DETROIT -- Chicago Bears' stars Brandon Marshall and Brian Urlacher voiced support Sunday for Lovie Smith shortly after the Bears were eliminated from playoff contention for the fifth time in the last six years.

"I can't control all of (what might happen)," Marshall told ESPNChicago.com. "I'll tell you one thing though. I want to end my career with Jay Cutler, (quarterbacks coach) Jeremy Bates, and Lovie as my head coach."

The Bears scored 16 points off four turnovers Sunday to defeat the Detroit Lions 26-24 and finish the season with a 10-6 record. But the club failed to advance to the postseason after starting the year 7-1, marking just the second time since 1990 a team got off to such a start only to miss the playoffs. This is the sixth time in the past nine seasons under Smith the Bears aren't playing past the regular season.

When asked on his weekly Fox Chicago segment if he thought it would be a mistake to fire Smith, Urlacher didn't hesitate.

"One-hundred percent, yeah," he said. "He can't play for us. He gets us ready to play every week. He can't tackle people. He can't make picks. He can't block for the quarterback or run the football. All he can do is coach us, and he does a great job of that.

"We're always prepared to play on Sundays, and that's about as far as he can get us. He makes decisions in the games when to go for it, when not go for it on fourth down, when to kick a field goal, he's done a great job doing all that. I don't see how you couldn't bring him back as head coach."

Marshall said the Bears players would do anything for Smith.

"Where I'm at in my career, and what I'm comfortable with, that would be a great thing to be able to be with those three guys (Cutler, Bates and Smith) for the rest of my career," Marshall said. "Hopefully it works out that way. Guys are willing to run through a brick wall for (Smith), and when you have a guy like that, it's hard to find."

Marshall also backed Smith's assistants.

"I'm a big fan of Jeremy Bates and (offensive coordinator) Mike Tice," Marshall said.

Marshall called the current situation a learning experience.

Damn...Phil Emery just broke Marshall heart..and soul..
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Lovie deserved to get fired he had 3 playoff appearances in 9 years and new gm's wants to bring in their own coach

The bears started out 7-1 and lost to every real team on their schedule,get that bumbling country ass ? outta here
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This team has been underachieving for awhile now and wasn't getting better under Lovie
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Packers got Lovie fired oh well "Da BEARS" Ha!
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad they didn't do the typical Bears route and keep Lovie for another season. Not making the Playoffs 5 outta of 6 after the SuperBowl appearance is not acceptable. Lovie will find a job soon tho.