So John Gotti was the one who had Tommy from Goodfellas killed in real life...

Options
Elzo69Renaissance
Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Crazy how all that stuff ties together.....

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @max. It was said in the documentary mobsters....the one.that comes.on the bio channel....not.only.did tommy ? billy batts....he also killed a guy named foxy....he was gotti's protege......tommy was dating tommy's sister and when he dumped.her he beat her up.....foxy was goin around town sayin he was gonna ? tommy.....tommy showed up at his doorstep....foxy punched in the face and tommy shot.up....but there is a contradiction in the story another. Mobster admitted to killing tommy....the same one that killed his brother
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i remember a while ago they just found the guy who was in the move with jonny depp.

the guy that pachino played
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    i remember a while ago they just found the guy who was in the move with jonny depp.

u talkin about Lefty Guns....he died of cancer.....he did 20 years in jail....
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this was already known

because i heard somewhere that the "made guy" who they killed at the bar was suppose to be apart of the gambino crime family. which is why tommy got murked
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • chi-guy
    chi-guy Members Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I watched part of the doc on Bio and it had Henry Hill talking about it
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Until a link is posted I'm calling.....

DUCKTALES!!!
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah wrong guy.They found Whitey who's The Departed and That Town's villains are based on

Pacino's character got killed at the end of Donnie Brasco
  • chi-guy
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

Nah wrong guy.They found Whitey who's The Departed and That Town's villains are based on

I thought Whitey was nabbed by the feds?
  • chi-guy
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »

DUCKTALES!!!

You aint got cable?? It came on the bio channel last week
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chi-guy wrote: »

I thought Whitey was nabbed by the feds?

He was..? the ? was on the run for 2 decades bout timr
  • themadlionsfan
    Options

DUCKTALES!!!

lol......son it was on the the documentary show "MOBSTERS".....it comes on the bio channel.....they were discussing Jimmy The Gent
  • themadlionsfan
    Options

Pacino's character may have died in the movie but his character Benjamin "Lefty Guns" Ruggerio spent 13 years in jail, The Feds scooped him off the street when there was a contract out on his life for the Donnie Brasco situation......after Sonny Black got killed.....
  • deemula420
    Options
    Murder of William "Billy Batts" Devino

In the book Wiseguy, Henry Hill said they threw a "welcome home" party at Robert's Lounge, which was owned by Jimmy Burke, for William "Billy Batts" Devino, a made man in Carmine Fatico's crew (the same crew John Gotti was a part of) in the Gambino crime family.
    Devino had just gotten out of prison after serving a six-year term for drug possession. Hill states in Wiseguy that Devino saw DeSimone and asked him if he still shone shoes and DeSimone took this as an insult. Hill also said that Devino provoked DeSimone because he wanted to impress some mobsters from another crime family. A couple of minutes later when that issue was going to be forgotten, DeSimone leaned over to Henry Hill and Jimmy Burke and said "I'm gonna ? that ? ." Hill saw that he was serious about it. A couple of weeks later, on June 11, 1970, Devino went over to "The Suite" owned by Hill in Jamaica, Queens to go drinking with DeSimone's crew, including Hill, DeSimone, and Jimmy. Later that night DeSimone took his girlfriend home and Burke started making Devino feel comfortable. Twenty minutes later, DeSimone arrived with a .38 revolver and a plastic mattress cover. DeSimone walked over to him at the corner of the bar and attacked Devino. Before Devino was attacked, Jimmy Burke tightened his arms around Devino and he was pistol-whipped with the .38 revolver. He was so inebriated that he
  • deemula420
    Options
    In the book Wiseguy, Hill said that before DeSimone started to beat Devino, DeSimone yelled, "Shine these ? shoes!" DeSimone killed Devino not only because he had insulted him, but also because Burke had taken over Devino's loanshark business while Devino was in prison. According to Hill, Devino had been complaining to Joe Gallo about getting back this racket. Not wanting to return the business to Devino, Burke knew sooner or later Devino would have to be killed. After the beating, the three men put Devino in the trunk of Hill's 1970 Buick Electra and later while the three men were driving on The Van Wyck Expressway, they discovered that Devino was not dead. Later, they visited DeSimone's mother's house to get a knife, lime and a shovel (this much appeared in Goodfellas, which also shows that they had dinner with Tommy's mother). Later in the drive, closer to their destination, Hill said it had been an hour of DeSimone driving and he kept getting mad about the noises in the trunk and finally slammed the brakes and leaned over for the shovel and that Burke and DeSimone "didn't actually shoot him, they just stabbed him, thirty or forty ? times, ? horrible." In the film version of Devino's death, Tommy stabs Devino eight times and Jimmy shoots Devino four times
  • deemula420
    Options
    Hill does not mention a knife, but claims Burke and DeSimone finished Devino off by beating him with a tire iron and the shovel, respectively and the men later buried him under a dog kennel. At the time of the murder in 1970, Devino was 29 years old and was a respected and a feared made man in John Gotti's crew and in the Gambino crime family. The price DeSimone would pay for killing a made man was his own life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_DeSimone

Dude's name was Thomas DeSimone wikipedia link ^
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    deemula420 wrote: »
    deemula420 wrote: »
    Hill does not mention a knife, but claims Burke and DeSimone finished Devino off by beating him with a tire iron and the shovel, respectively and the men later buried him under a dog kennel. At the time of the murder in 1970, Devino was 29 years old and was a respected and a feared made man in John Gotti's crew and in the Gambino crime family. The price DeSimone would pay for killing a made man was his own life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_DeSimone

Dude's name was Thomas DeSimone wikipedia link ^

also in Henry Hill's second book "Gangsters and Goodfellas"....Henry wrote that Paul Vario and his wife have an affair.....and Tommy tried to have sex with Karen and she refused....an in return he tried to ? her....she went and told Paulie and in return Paulie had a sit down wityh the Gambino's and he told them who killed Billy Batts and Foxy.....and thats when Tommy got it
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nooo Kaarren... I thought she was a down ? ... ? fat Pauly...smh
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

DUCKTALES!!!

The show comes on Biography channel once a week ? . Profiles different mobsters. The one this thread is talking about was the special about Jimmy The Gent.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's weird watching Goodfellas and then seeing the real ages of these dudes. Who would have thought most of those maniacs were in their early to late 20's.