Discovered on a faded scrap of papyrus, the words "Jesus said to them, 'My wife …'"

Options
FucktheIC
FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)

Comments

• Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    So jesus was ? ??!? Catholic church lauce...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus smashed the homie.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Perhaps this will put the rest the suspicions that Yehoshuah was a ? .

It won't.
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    400 yrs after Jesus dies...this was written...

about as valid as the rest of the bible...who knows?

*waits for christians to come and ? on this*

tumblr_lols30rUm71qeiwtao1_500.gif
  • Louis Cipher
    Options

why?

why would this diminish his 'message'?
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yaaaaaawwwn. the gnostic church been on that.
    #Sa7ut3
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

why?

I won't diminish it, I was refering to the fact they won't let women or married men hold preisthood cause they arn't "jesus like"
  • Louis Cipher
    Options

why?

I won't diminish it, I was refering to the fact they won't let women or married men hold preisthood cause they arn't "jesus like"

ahhh

'sees your point'
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    Word, priests out chea ? little boys and ? , when they could be getting ? like the "messiah".
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YALL DO KNOW THAT THE CHURCH IS THE BRIDE OF CHRIST RIGHT?

... IT WOULD LITERALLY, PHYSICALLY, AND SPIRITUALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR JESUS TO BE HAVING SEX.. IF HE WAS, THE WHOLE BIBLE, CHRISTIANANITY, ECT WOULD BE A LIE
  • Louis Cipher
    Options

... IT WOULD LITERALLY, PHYSICALLY, AND SPIRITUALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR JESUS TO BE HAVING SEX.. IF HE WAS, THE WHOLE BIBLE, CHRISTIANANITY, ECT WOULD BE A LIE

ever heard of symbolism?

this is an example why people shouldnt take every word in the bible literally....
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

um...........yeah
    i think thats the point non-believers try to get across
  • Louis Cipher
    Options

um...........yeah

my point is...that the bible doesnt necessarily have to be a lie...just a guide...its the people who take it literally that would have a problem with this...

of course people do pick and choose what it is they choose to follow tho...but thats another thread
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

um...........yeah

my point is...that the bible doesnt necessarily have to be a lie...just a guide...its the people who take it literally that would have a problem with this...

of course people do pick and choose what it is they choose to follow tho...but thats another thread

That's exactly what my professor said in a religion class I took. The Bible is a guide and it made sense in that respect.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It was from the 4th century so probably closer to 300 years after Jesus died. That's not that big a deal considering the accepted Gospels were written around 200 years after Jesus died.

I don't think this find is all that significant really. There are a bunch of books that say things about Jesus that aren't widely accepted. This article references the Gospel of Mary Magdalene and I'm pretty sure that book suggests that Mary was either his wife or close to it.
  • Louis Cipher
    Options

It was from the 4th century so probably closer to 300 years after Jesus died. That's not that big a deal considering the accepted Gospels were written around 200 years after Jesus died.

I don't think this find is all that significant really. There are a bunch of books that say things about Jesus that aren't widely accepted. This article references the Gospel of Mary Magdalene and I'm pretty sure that book suggests that Mary was either his wife or close to it.

none if its a big deal...because people that believe the bible will continue to believe...no matter what evidence is found...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Temptation gets THE BEST of us it seems.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In that culture a man was supposed to be married far past Jesus' age. That and he was a rabbi right? I think they were required to be married before they could be rabbis anyway.

And what grown ass man who achieves that level of popularity (and in Jesus' case infamy) is going to die a 33 year old ? ? U dont get that popular without all the Canaanite & Hebrew Hoes trying to twerketh thine ? unto thee.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fan fiction is old as ? , so who knows.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    In that culture a man was supposed to be married far past Jesus' age. That and he was a rabbi right? I think they were required to be married before they could be rabbis anyway.

And what grown ass man who achieves that level of popularity (and in Jesus' case infamy) is going to die a 33 year old ? ? U dont get that popular without all the Canaanite & Hebrew Hoes trying to twerketh thine ? unto thee.
    The working theory is that this goes back to "The disciple whom Jesus loved.".
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Jesus was the only person in history before mexicans to be named Jesus?
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    Jesus was the only person in history before mexicans to be named Jesus?
    Nah, crakkkas didn't like calling him "Yehoshuah" or whatever-the-? his "actual"/fictional name was.

So they anglicized the ? out of it.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    it was written many things will be said about Christ after his death to disapprove the truth. its all about what we choose to believe. His Father believed that man should marry woman in holy matrimony so im sure he considered it while he was alive but Jesus was no ordinary man. He came to earth to take care of His Fathers business not to get married to a woman, at least thats my point of view until real actual evidence proves me wrong