01 Iverson vs 2011 Rose

Options
ShadyWorldOrder
ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Both guys won MVP and had a defensive supporting cast. Iverson made the Finals lost to the Lakers and Rose lost to the Big 3 in the ECF. Who would you take? (Alot of feelings probably will get caught control ur emotions and no paragraphs)

2011 Rose >> 01 Iverson
B4 feelings get caught Im going with Rose he was just as dynamic watching how he carried the team while ? Noah and some games Deng was injured and how he had to be spectacular in dam near every game for them to win especially in the playoffs. 3rd year player rookie coach odds were against this team...While Iverson had had some of the same tribulations he had a HOF coach he could fall back on Mutumbo (DOY,2nd All-NBA) 6th man of the year Aaron Mckie >>Kyle Korver or CJ Watson.

Iverson: 31.1PPG | 3.8RPG | 4.6APG | 2.5SPG on 42%FG /
D-Rose: 25.0PPG | 4.1RPG | 7.7APG | 1.0SPG on 44%FG /

Comments

• Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2011 Rose was much more efficient, a better shooter, a better rebounder, and a better playmaker

2001 Iverson was less turnover-prone, and a better @ playing the passing lanes

Defense...neither have a huge advantage. Advantage Rose though imo

Both dynamic players

AI had a HOF coach

Rose had a rookie coach (but has a good chance @ being a HOF coach)

I'll take Rose, but a small margin
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iverson did his thing that year but the sixers wouldn't of beat the heat big 3 if they existed in 01
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I was waiting on throwed off to make this thread but I guess you beat him to it.

I been thinking about this for about a year now and their games are very similiar and close. Slam Magazine lready put them against each other (as they did Kobe vs Jordan, Lebron vs Magic and Hakeeem vs Kareem and Durant vs Pipen) has A.I as the better 1 on 1 player of the two but feels if it's team on team despite both being a 6.7 apg career, they feel D.R will give a team oriented 5 on 5 more over the course of a game. I however feel if their games are basically a wash, Im taking The Answer because Derric has shown signs of having problems missing clutch freewthows at the end of games since he was in college and I dont think A.I has that element. I think Allen is more mentally tougher of the two and if they bring me the same thing give me the guy with slightly better three point range and more mentally tough.
  • i fit
    i fit Members Posts: 920
    Options
    I'm almost positive that Iverson led the 01 Sixers to the finals with Jumaine Jones and Tyrone hill in the starting line up. That alone makes his season better than Rose's.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iverson can do anything that Rose can do beside dunk. No the layup dunk thing Iverson did doesn't count. But the biggest difference I've seen that when Iverson gets hot, he takes over. Throws up stupid shots from anywhere and knocks em down back to back to back. Another thing, I haven't seen anyone shut Iverson down like Rose has been either. He might have a bad game but that's on him taking 50 shots.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Iverson can do anything that Rose can do beside dunk. No the layup dunk thing Iverson did doesn't count. But the biggest difference I've seen that when Iverson gets hot, he takes over. Throws up stupid shots from anywhere and knocks em down back to back to back. Another thing, I haven't seen anyone shut Iverson down like Rose has been either. He might have a bad game but that's on him taking 50 shots.

Good prospective bruh, The Answer seems more explosive to me too when shots go down. I like Dericks humility better and that's where they are worlds apart. Allen said ? a bench while I truly think D.R wouldn't mind it if it helps his team. I think Derick can eventually be better than Allen because he has the better work ethic but as of right now if D.R retires tommorow I think I gotta go with Allen.

• DR. JEK
    Options
    hey TS

where's the poll at?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

[url]="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHXH5r9iDk"]youtube.com/watch?v=cQHXH5r9iDk[/url]
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

[url]="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHXH5r9iDk"]youtube.com/watch?v=cQHXH5r9iDk[/url]
    Come one bruh. You know like I know. Iverson can barely dunk.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iverson..

Do you smoketh ? ^^^ lol @ barely dunk
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

Good prospective bruh, The Answer seems more explosive to me too when shots go down. I like Dericks humility better and that's where they are worlds apart. Allen said ? a bench while I truly think D.R wouldn't mind it if it helps his team. I think Derick can eventually be better than Allen because he has the better work ethic but as of right now if D.R retires tommorow I think I gotta go with Allen.

Rose is sooo explosive and reckless in the paint that its hard for me to believe he will ever get over that knee injury. Its like that's the worst thing that could happen to him.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    Options

When has iverson been guarded by a player like lebron and wade in a series? I don't recall top tier defenders guarding iverson in a playoff series.(Unless u count kobe but his d is mad overrated that's why iverson dropped 48 and 35 on him)

Rose is a better finisher and a dual threat he can drop 29 and 16 asts on the best pg in the nba or 30 and 17 assists in a game.He can also drop 44 on you.Iverson got his 45-50+ points by takin 36-41 shots

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao at d. Rose being a better playmaker than Iverson. And AI could dunk bruh. He is better.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Tayshaun prince d better than wade and bron
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Prime wade d can't ? with kobe
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibq6XNOqLH4

• Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Lmao at d. Rose being a better playmaker than Iverson. And AI could dunk bruh. He is better.

In rose mvp season he had 25 double digit assist games.Iversons mvp season he had 1

If you're talking overall game or defensively this is laughable
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's good with all these iverson threads
  • unspoken_respect
    Options
    Anyone that thinks that Iverson can
    Iverson..

Do you smoketh ? ^^^ lol @ barely dunk

Lol if you think Iverson can dunk like Rose, you must be hitting that pipe. Show me some highlights and change my mind cause his dunks are unimpressive.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

LMAO @ this statement

I've literally seen AI dunk in person...........running, standing, and one-step dunks on mofos taller than him in streetball

AI had hops for real, don't sleep
  • unspoken_respect
    Options

When has iverson been guarded by a player like lebron and wade in a series? I don't recall top tier defenders guarding iverson in a playoff series.(Unless u count kobe but his d is mad overrated that's why iverson dropped 48 and 35 on him)

Rose is a better finisher and a dual threat he can drop 29 and 16 asts on the best pg in the nba or 30 and 17 assists in a game.He can also drop 44 on you.Iverson got his 45-50+ points by takin 36-41 shots

I still don't see someone like James shutting Iverson down. He is similar to Westbrook to me. One of those players that can create an open shot even though Iverson might put up 50 shots.

• unspoken_respect
    Options

LMAO @ this statement

I've literally seen AI dunk in person...........running, standing, and one-step dunks on mofos taller than him in streetball

AI had hops for real, don't sleep
    I can only go by what I've seen and I've followed Iverson his whole career. Dude gets a break away and either lays it up our hits the lady up dunk. If you say he wasn't show ing his skills then I will give you that but I need real in game proof of him going ham. Not ONE video of him dunking of a rebound.

• unspoken_respect
    Options
    Sorry for derailing this thread
  • DR. JEK
    Options

In rose mvp season he had 25 double digit assist games.Iversons mvp season he had 1

If you're talking overall game or defensively this is laughable

Kobe use to routinely ? on Wade and light his ass up till Lebron got to his team. I dont know whats laughable about it.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread been done