LOL at Charles Barkley saying he wish he could put some blackness in Tiger Woods (pause)

Options
usmarin3
usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in From the Cheap Seats

Charles Barkley wishes Tiger Woods would speak up more to critics. (Getty Images)

One of the biggest complaints about Tiger Woods is that he isn't vocal enough. He doesn't answer questions or speak up when someone calls him out and he's very cognizant of what a comment here or there can do when spun by the media.

Many times the people critical of Tiger's approach are in the media, but sometimes a celebrity or former athlete (and friend of Tiger's) will speak up.

On Thursday, that person was Charles Barkley, who went on the Waddle and Silvy show and talked about how he wishes Tiger would sometimes respond to critics who call him out. This, of course, is coming on the heels of comments by two-time major champion Greg Norman that Tiger is now intimidated by Rory McIlroy, a notion that has already been dismissed after Tiger's opening round 66 at the Tour Championship while playing alongside McIlroy.

But Barkley commented on the matter his own way, and the results were incredible.

I would like for him to just blast Greg Norman … That situation gave everybody a chance to dump on you, and (Tiger) still tried to take the high road. I'm not a high road guy. I want him to come out and really blast Greg Norman. ... I wish he would just go ballistic on Greg … I wish I could put some of my blackness in him … like toughness … (I've been) arrested eight times for fighting … just because I'm Charles Barkley, you can't disrespect me … you just can't say anything to me anytime you want to …

Barkley makes a point there about Tiger not speaking up. While "blackness" might not be the best way to put it, it would be great to hear Tiger actually respond to one of these ridiculous accusations with some stern words.

For now, Tiger will just continue to let his clubs do the talking, and maybe the intimidation chatter will die as Woods continues to make birdies.

Tiger be taking too much ? , ? really needs to get a ? back bone, he keeps letting these ? take ? shots at him. It's like these crackers really built up resentment for dude all these years and didn't say ? because he was dominating and eating because of him, and now that he ''was'' down they felt they could take shots. Why ya'll so mad though, the ? clearly made ya'll richer than ya'll ever could of done on your own.

Comments