Explain how Wade was ever considered a better 2 guard at any point in his career over Kobe?

Options
joeyfkncrakk
joeyfkncrakk Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
I never understood how any1 considered Wade a better 2 than Kobe, even during the past couple years... every1 says how Kobe has calmed down but Wade has declined... Wade has never been a better shooter than Kobe, Wade gets most of his buckets on patios and forced flop fouls, never been a good outside shooter, Kobe has won more all defensive awards than Wade (tho I think Dwade is better defender now), Wade has never been a winner outside of having Shaq and Bron winning carrying him to ships, Kobe better free throw shooter, more clutch than Wade of not the same, though Kobe is less efficient Kobe has been playing as main ball handler for LA past 15 years leaving Wade for rooto have better percentages from the looks he gets due to Bosh/James...

Wade has never done anything to up Kobe in his career... Wade's athleticism is actually breaking down faster than Kobe and with a less arsenal of basketball abilities which should make his last years not so pretty... Kobe and Wade aren't far in age range, for the people saying Wade is younger he's only about a year or 2 younger than Kobe...I'm not dissing Wade to make this clear... He has been a very good second best shooting guard. The last decade but he's never past Kobe period

Comments

• joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    Spell checks* damn iPad!
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree but somebody will bring up some type of irrelevant stats that will make Wade look better but in reality dont prove anything
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Shaq didn't carry Wade to a title bruh...the ? are you talking about
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never understood how any1 considered Wade a better 2 than Kobe, even during the past couple years... every1 says how Kobe has calmed down but Wade has declined... Wade has never been a better shooter than Kobe, Wade gets most of his buckets on patios and forced flop fouls, never been a good outside shooter, Kobe has won more all defensive awards than Wade (tho I think Dwade is better defender now), Wade has never been a winner outside of having Shaq and Bron winning carrying him to ships, Kobe better free throw shooter, more clutch than Wade of not the same, though Kobe is less efficient Kobe has been playing as main ball handler for LA past 15 years leaving Wade for rooto have better percentages from the looks he gets due to Bosh/James...

Wade has never done anything to up Kobe in his career... Wade's athleticism is actually breaking down faster than Kobe and with a less arsenal of basketball abilities which should make his last years not so pretty... Kobe and Wade aren't far in age range, for the people saying Wade is younger he's only about a year or 2 younger than Kobe...I'm not dissing Wade to make this clear... He has been a very good second best shooting guard. The last decade but he's never past Kobe period

LMFAO @ shaq carrying wade to a ship. I agree with some of what you said but reading ? like that is when threads I agree with turn into trolling. If you believe that you didn't watch the 06' playoffs...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He never was.. wade is a great player but being on an island >>> high screen and roll 80% of the time
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Wade been the best sg in the nba since 08-09.He was always a better leader,defender,more efficient and a better overall player than kobe

He did what kobe couldn't do ie: Led a team wit odom,grant and butler to the playoffs(as a rookie) and led shaq to a championship.Wade had a top 3 finals performance of all time in 06

Plus he always holds his own or outplayed him when they match up
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    SMH @ this thread. Wade isn't even on the same tier level as Kobe. You're letting those clowns get to you bruh. The only people saying Wade is better than Kobe are the people saying Gasol should have won finals MVP followed by other outlandish statements.

P.S. Where's the poll?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Options
    Wade been the best sg in the nba since 08-09.He was always a better leader,defender,more efficient and a better overall player than kobe

He did what kobe couldn't do ie: Led a team wit odom,grant and butler to the playoffs(as a rookie) and led shaq to a championship.Wade had a top 3 finals performance of all time in 06

C'mon bruh......
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options

So u tellin me when Kobe was going to back to back to back finals Dwyane Wade who couldn't win half of his games after Shaq left was better than Kobe?!?! ? forget Wade was struggled for years after they shipped Shaq, Shaq didn't carry Wade fully but there isn't an 06 ring without Shaq and especially that supporting cast did work while Wade blacked out.... Shaq didn't make Wade who he is but he did almost as much for Wade, as he did for Kobe 2 year stint making Miami instant contenders....
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    He never was.. wade is a great player but being on an island >>> high screen and roll 80% of the time

I can't even give him great. I would say he's a good player and leave it at that. Tbh, I'm not sure he would stand out amongst the wing players that Kobe and them played against via....

Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Ray Allen, Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady etc.

Are we really going to act like Wade would be 2nd only to Kobe if he played in that era?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

So u tellin me when Kobe was going to back to back to back finals Dwyane Wade who couldn't win half of his games after Shaq left was better than Kobe?!?! ? forget Wade was struggled for years after they shipped Shaq, Shaq didn't carry Wade fully but there isn't an 06 ring without Shaq and especially that supporting cast did work while Wade blacked out.... Shaq didn't make Wade who he is but he did almost as much for Wade, as he did for Kobe 2 year stint making Miami instant contenders....

Dog you're sonning ya self this same logic can apply to kobe.Differance is shaq was fallin off when he left the lakers.He was damn near washed when he left the heat

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kobe led Smush Parker and Luke Walton to the playoffs "in the west"
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Idk but i wouldnt marginalize wade i think all of them are more skilled than him though.. although he has crafted a pretty good midrange/post arsenal.. not jumpshot but arsenal and is one of the most exciting players at the position ever
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1309962-is-kobe-bryant-still-the-best-shooting-guard-in-the-nba

I know it's bleacher report but still it woke me up... I hate how every1 nitpicks Kobe, but gives Wade a pass on all his flaws... IMO Wade is a flawed 2 guard in important parts but everything he's good at makes up for his lows in isgamewhich makes him great
  • joeyfkncrakk
    Options

Dog you're sonning ya self this same logic can apply to kobe.Differance is shaq was fallin off when he left the lakers.He was damn near washed when he left the heat

He was damn near washed but was still the top center in the league... ? Alonzo Mourning was still a top 10 C backup...Shaq was a factor on Miami no matter what u say
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    edited September 2012
    Options
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1309962-is-kobe-bryant-still-the-best-shooting-guard-in-the-nba

I know it's bleacher report but still it woke me up... I hate how every1 nitpicks Kobe, but gives Wade a pass on all his flaws... IMO Wade is a flawed 2 guard in important parts but everything he's good at makes up for his lows in isgamewhich makes him great

Wade is more of the quiet type of star and the media loves to push that ? . It's no different then them liking him over bron and trying to push that "wade is the leader of the team ? " when we all know damn well bron was/is the best player on that team. Only area where kobe deserves to be nitpicked is leadership and getting his team involved. People that say kobe isn't a great playmaker are crazy, the problem is will he be WILLING to be a playmaker and he doesn't do that every game...
  • yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe's offensive repertoire is unmatched by many so its no diss to say that Wade isnt on his level in that department....with that said, Wade lets the game come to him.... forget the steals, rebs, and blocked shots, he makes smarter decisions and even showed that the year before they won in 06 when he got injured he understood how to win.....all it truly boils down to is Kobe got years under the belt and with those years accumulated millions of fans for doing what he is loved for and what he is hated for which is the over the top confidence and his elite skill to boot....clearly one of the most polarizing NBA players of all time

And yeah Wade been better since about 08-09....we all know them team and defense awards are all politics tho but no need to get into that
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

/Thread

Wade 08-09 PTS: 30 FG% .491 AST 7.5
    Kobe 08-09 PTS: 26.8 FG%.467 AST 4.9

Wade 09-10 PTS: PTS 26.6 FG% .476 AST 6.5
    Kobe 09-10 PTS: 27 FG% .456 AST 5

Wade 10-11 PTS: 25.5 FG% .500 AST 4.6
    Kobe 10-11 PTS: 25.3 FG% .451 AST 4.7

Wade 11-12 PTS: 24 FG% .497 AST 4.6
    Kobe 11-12 PTS: 27.9 FG% .430 AST 4.6

Head to Head Stats

Percentage: Bryant 44.8% to 43.1%
    Rebounds: Wade 4.5 to 4.0
    Assists: Wade 7.0 to 5.1
    Steals: Wade 2.0 to 1.4
    Blocks: Wade 1.1 to 0.5

Once again Men lie, Women lie, Fanboys cry.....numbers dont.
  • playmaker88
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ug8kmbaU-E

1216965_o.gif

Wade stay sonnin kobe #8 "Prime" kobe #24 dont matter.He's a better overall sg and a way better defender

Wade the best defensive 2 guard since Jordan

I'm sure you and heat fans are the only people that think this. Let you tell it luke walton probably better than kobe. What kobe do to you to get hated on so much that you just think anybody better than him? He ? a white ? you wanted? You just a dumb idiot. Don't tell anybody outside your house any of your hip hop or b ball views son or you gonna get laughed at offline. Jordan wouldn't even say wade is better than kobe, you just a ? buster.

FACT Dwayne Wade has more blocks in 9 years than kobe has in 16 years despite being 3 inches shorter and playing in 565 less games

FACT Dwayne wade is the only guard in nba history besides da Goat to have over 100 blocks and 100 steals in a season

FACT Wade had more blocks in 2012 than kobe had from 09-12 combined

FACT Wade has average over 7 assists 6 times in his career kobe has done it ZERO,wade has shot over 49% 5 x kobe has done it Zero

FACT Wade carried Shaq to a championship and dominated the finals something kobe never did besides going to 4 finals wit shaq

Now /thread

• CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since wade came into the league in 03.....

He has made 2 all NBA first teams.....kobe has 7

He had made 2 all NBA defensive second teams and no first teams....kobe has 8 first and 1 second

Wade has no mvps.....kobe has 1

Wade has 1 finals mvp.....kobe has 2

Now yall can /thread
  • qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

typical bilfiger trolling at its finest. Get a life u ? ass ?

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only Kobe haters ever said that BS
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Facts were presented to debunk this ridiculous myth that kobe is a better sg than wade

? resorted to naming frivolous non sense like all nba 1st teams and ignored the numbers that show why wade shoulda been on defensive 1st teams for years over kobe.

A better comparison woulda been young Jordan vs young wade.They both were complete sg's and athletic beasts on both ends of the floor