usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in The Reason
Samples Major Lazer and no it's not his single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me_OjZhd87M

Comments

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope, so where is this from? mixtape droping soon?
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Just a random track he put out, i personally don't think he is or should put out a mixtape. I think fans need to pay for music and stop expecting free ? all the time, it's watering down hiphop.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Do u know how* many songs artist make when they´re creating an album? And how much muzik that they never put out including mixtapes. Plus yall be the same mfs talkin bout , a ? ´s album has too many fillers, smh

And yea, he has a mixtape on da way....
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Just a random track he put out, i personally don't think he is or should put out a mixtape. I think fans need to pay for music and stop expecting free ? all the time, it's watering down hiphop.

I see your point, but in this era, it helps maintain a buzz and lets not act like some of his best work is from mixtapes...

This track is dope tho, had it on repeat...

Any news on a sophomore album?
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Do u know many songs artist make when they´re creating an album? And how much muzik that they never put out including mixtapes. Plus yall be the same mfs talkin bout , a ? ´s album has too many fillers, smh

And yea, he has a mixtape on da way....

I don't care, they shouldn't release it to the public, there is a reason why most of that ? didn't make the album. I mean do you see Nas, Jay, Outkast,etc releasing mixtapes and putting out music that ain't good enough.

Quality>Quantity

It's why Dr Dre can go 11 years without dropping a album and still be relevant, same for Dre 3000. The Lil Wayne approach isn't good imo, it's that fast food mentality, low quality mass volume ? .
  • usmarin3
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

I see your point, but in this era, it helps maintain a buzz and lets not act like some of his best work is from mixtapes...

This track is dope tho, had it on repeat...

Any news on a sophomore album?

And how many classic albums have we gotten out of this approach. How comes other genres don't have to do this ? , because their fans (Country, Rock,etc) actually value their music and don't treat it like disposable art.
  • _Goldie_
    edited September 2012
    Options
    So all the songs that never make the album should never be released? smh ok. And u named artist who have been in the game for over 20 yrs, why would they still be dropping mixtapes? Dr dre? lol So you would rather a ? take 12 yrs in between albums and a ? to never release material that never made the album oppose to a ? dropping a mixtape? o.0
  • usmarin3
    Options
    So all the songs that never make the album should never be released? smh ok. And u named artist who have been in the game for over 20 yrs, why would they still be dropping mixtapes? Dr dre? lol So you would rather a ? take 12 yrs in between albums and a ? to never release material that never made the album oppose to a ? dropping a mixtape? o.0

Yes it should not be released. We've never heard the unreleased joints from Illmatic, The Chronic, Ready to Die,etc and we haven't heard the unreleased joints from College Dropout, Black Album, Stillmatic, The Fix,etc (recent albums). There is a reason why the fools have to flood the game with useless mixtapes, they've given the fans ADHD and spoiled them with low quality music. There is a reason why dudes like Dre, Jay, Nas are held in such high esteem, they don't just put out anything and when they do, fans listen and critique it with harder than someone like a Wayne.

I can wait 2-3 years in between albums for quality music, i'm not a ADHD ? who loses interest 5 minutes after a album comes out.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    So u prefer material like Lost Tapes to never be released? Checkmate
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree with US to an extent...I think mixtapes are a bane to hip=hop, not a positive...Got rappers makin' ? for their '? ' fans in mixtapes then pleasin' whites with their albums...Droppin' tape after tape, dilutin' their material...

Lost Tapes is a rare example...and if everyone took that approach, there'd be no issue
  • usmarin3
    Options
    So u prefer material like Lost Tapes to never be released? Checkmate

You're a ? idiot. Lost Tapes was the illegally bootlegged joints from I AM era that was released years later after I AM. Try again, you really thought you had a point too. lmfao
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    U mean legally? How do u think artist like Jcole get signed in the first place?
  • usmarin3
    Options
    U mean legally? How do u think artist like Jcole get signed in the first place?

I AM was illegally bootlegged, if you knew hiphop or was around that time you would know that album got leaked early and the album version sounded nothing like the original.

J Cole got signed off of a song (Lights Please), Jay-z nor Mark Pitts signed him off of mixtapes. He didn't put out The Warm Up until after he got signed and no one payed any attention to the Come Up.
  • _Goldie_
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Nobody payed attention to section 80 , nobody paid attention to meek mills mixtapes, nobody paid attention to the drake mixtapes? And with that being said, it would make no sense to never release the left over songs..

And only a few songs from The Lost Tapes were leaked....
  • usmarin3
    Options
    The point i am making is, there is no coincidence that we don't get classic albums like that anymore. Can you imagine Nas dropping a mixtape before he did Illmatic, i put money Illmatic wouldn't sound the same.

Drake debut was a disappointment compared to his mixtapes, so was J Coles, and i bet you Meek Millz ? will be weaker too. I understand all new artist need to put out music to build a buzz, but why shoot all your bullets on a mixtape.
  • _Goldie_
    Options
    I agree that artist shouldnt feel obligated to release a mixtape, but at the same time, if theres songs ¨fillers¨ left over , why not release them...
  • usmarin3
    Options
    I agree that artist shouldnt feel obligated to release a mixtape, but at the same time, if theres songs ¨fillers¨ left over , why not release them...

quality control, if something isn't up to a artist standards, why allow the world to hear it. For example, Jay-z Ghetto Techno which was leaked and never meant to be heard. lmfao
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I don't mind mixtapes for artists (Stalley) that are trying to get a buzz. But if you're Lil Wayne, Ross etc it doesn't make sense for them because they are established.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So for the video J.cole gonna do this?

29.gif
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agree with US to an extent...I think mixtapes are a bane to hip=hop, not a positive...Got rappers makin' ? for their '? ' fans in mixtapes then pleasin' whites with their albums...Droppin' tape after tape, dilutin' their material...

Lost Tapes is a rare example...and if everyone took that approach, there'd be no issue

There is so much truth in what both of you said.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we haven't heard the unreleased joints from College Dropout
    Actually, there was the Freshmen Adjustment series that had unreleased songs and demos, but I get what you're saying
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J Cole need to stop being a ? and respond to Diggy Simmons aka the J Cole killer....
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This beat is utter garbage with average lyrics. And yea its the execs trying to get these artists to play both sides of the fence. They let you make the music you love then put in on a mixtape for your core fans. Then they make half of your album sound like radio singles. They hope your fanbase will support you off your mixtapes while hoping your radio ? is catchy enough to get you some casual fans. Cole had success sales wise so he might have some pull but not sure how much. He's gonna put out more mixtapes.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That second verse was meeeeaaaannn...