Comments

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    James Harden can do everything Eric Gordon can do

Eric Gordon can not do everything Harden can

End of argument

I've seen a lot of people say this but we truly don't know if Harden can put up the numbers Gordon did as efficiently while being the number 1 option on offense. What everybody is stating when they say he can is pure speculation. Harden's best shooting year was last season and he was the 3rd scoring option on a team with two very dangerous scorers last season. We don't know if what Harden did last season was truly what he is capable of or just one good season.

We all know for sure that Gordon can be the number 1 option and still be some what efficient because his numbers tell us that. If he and Harden were to trade places what makes any of us think that he couldn't put up similar numbers without being just as if not more efficient while playing better defense?

All ill say to this is, can Gordon be the #1 option on a winning team

Clippers didnt think so

Barkley always say ? numbers on a ? team dont mean ?
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    amnesty perkins and that ? going str8 to Miami......or back to Boston
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

amnesty clause don't work like that you can bid for amnesty players if your under the salary cap
  • DaBull
    Options

amnesty clause don't work like that you can bid for amnesty players if your under the salary cap

yeah i know but no one is gonna pick him up at that salary so he will make it past the bidding period in my opinion. he make 8 million and can't score or rebound at a high level
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

yeah i know but no one is gonna pick him up at that salary so he will make it past the bidding period in my opinion. he make 8 million and can't score or rebound at a high level

the amnesty clause works like this you take dude off the cap but you still have to pay him and the team that picks him up pays the winning bid.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

the amnesty clause works like this you take dude off the cap but you still have to pay him and the team that picks him up pays the winning bid.

Amnesty

Each team permitted to waive 1 player prior to any season of the CBA
    (only for contracts in place at the inception of the CBA) and have 100% of
    the player’s salary removed from team salary for Cap and Tax purposes.

Salary of amnestied players included for purposes of calculating players’
    agreed-upon share of BRI.

A modified waiver process will be utilized for players waived pursuant to
    the Amnesty rule, under which teams with Room under the Cap can
    submit competing offers to assume some but not all of the player’s
    remaining contract. If a player’s contract is claimed in this manner, the
    remaining portion of the player’s salary will continue to be paid by the
    team that waived him.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? talking about amnesty Perkins like he don't handcuff Duncan Bynum in consecutive rounds. His contract is huge...but leave him alone. He plays his roles well. He guards everyone well except Dwight
  • DaBull
    Options
    yeah ? was in here dissing perkins the whole payoffs til i posted them Duncan stats in the 2nd round. he locked that nikka down
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thunder will have to trade him @ the end of the day sometimes you cut ur ties. Harden will likely head East and my guess right now is

Harden gets moved in a 3 way to Chicago who sends picks to a team looking to rebuild and that team sends Oklahoma City someone on a cheap contract who can provide what Harden does

Trade Example

Bulls get- James Harden
    Thunder get- Marcus Thorton 3yrs/7.5 per is better than what Harden would get
    Kings- Charlotte's 1st Rounder and Chicago's 1st Rounder plus filler (Rip Hamilton)- negotiates buyout and joins contender like Celtics

................but its just a theory
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    Thunder will have to trade him @ the end of the day sometimes you cut ur ties. Harden will likely head East and my guess right now is

Harden gets moved in a 3 way to Chicago who sends picks to a team looking to rebuild and that team sends Oklahoma City someone on a cheap contract who can provide what Harden does

Trade Example

Bulls get- James Harden
    Kings- Charlotte's 1st Rounder and Chicago's 1st Rounder plus filler (Rip Hamilton)- negotiates buyout and joins contender like Celtics

Bad deal , The Thunder need somebody not only to score but to make plays and facilitate , its only a few players that do those things .
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Trade Example

Bulls get- James Harden

Bad deal , The Thunder need somebody not only to score but to make plays and facilitate , its only a few players that do those things .

They have Eric Maynor as the backup he's back from injury and he legit coming off the bench
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Upgrade it.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    James Harden can do everything Eric Gordon can do

Eric Gordon can not do everything Harden can

End of argument

I've seen a lot of people say this but we truly don't know if Harden can put up the numbers Gordon did as efficiently while being the number 1 option on offense. What everybody is stating when they say he can is pure speculation. Harden's best shooting year was last season and he was the 3rd scoring option on a team with two very dangerous scorers last season. We don't know if what Harden did last season was truly what he is capable of or just one good season.

We all know for sure that Gordon can be the number 1 option and still be some what efficient because his numbers tell us that. If he and Harden were to trade places what makes any of us think that he couldn't put up similar numbers without being just as if not more efficient while playing better defense?

All ill say to this is, can Gordon be the #1 option on a winning team

Clippers didnt think so

Barkley always say ? numbers on a ? team dont mean ?

Initially The Clippers was trying to get Chris Paul without trading Gordon but New Orleans was smart and insisted he was put in the trade. The key word to your statement is TEAM, one man can't win in a TEAM sport. Yes one man can make a big difference but ultimately you need other players to round out a winning TEAM
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

Trade Example

Bulls get- James Harden

They have Eric Maynor as the backup he's back from injury and he legit coming off the bench

he's always injured
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Trade Example

Bulls get- James Harden

who got charlottes first rounder?
  • its....JOHN B
    edited September 2012
    Options
    "In the 44 minutes that Perkins has played, the Heat are +19.6 per 48 minutes -- they've outscored OKC, 98-80. In the 52 minutes that Perk has sat, the Thunder are +23.1 per 48 minutes -- they've outscored Miami, 121-96."

Harden played like ? in the finals to, but you dont get rid of him to keep Perk, you get rid of Perk to keep Harden, hes a much more important asset if they want to remain one of the elite teams
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rockets need to offer Kevin Martin, Patrick Patterson and the Toronto Pick for Josh Smith
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My bad I thought I was in the NBA Offseason thread smh.........fail
  • R.D.
    Options
    "In the 44 minutes that Perkins has played, the Heat are +19.6 per 48 minutes -- they've outscored OKC, 98-80. In the 52 minutes that Perk has sat, the Thunder are +23.1 per 48 minutes -- they've outscored Miami, 121-96."

Harden played like ? in the finals to, but you dont get rid of him to keep Perk, you get rid of Perk to keep Harden, hes a much more important asset if they want to remain one of the elite teams

bruh did dude not just point out what he did in the LA and SA series

Miami was a bad match up for him
  • MC The Rapper
    edited September 2012
    Options

Trade Example

Bulls get- James Harden

he's always injured

okay he isn't always injured but he hasn't produced at a high level when he did play . I think people get caught up in the whole sixth man thing and think anybody can do what James Harden does but when you look at it , its only one or two guys that can do what he does on a night to night basis.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    they need perk this season b/c of the howard trade....but after that...so what y'all telling me is if they amnesty perk...they can keep harden? are yall saying that they will have enough money to have harden...ibaka....durant..westbrook by amnesty perk....

no brainer to do it after the seaon
  • R.D.
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    they need pirk this season b/c of the howard trade....but after that...so what y'all telling me is if they amnesty perk...they can keep harden? do what yall saying is they will have enough money to have harden...ibaka....durant..westbrook by amnesty perk....

they can keep harden either way bruh
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they need pirk this season b/c of the howard trade....but after that...so what y'all telling me is if they amnesty perk...they can keep harden? do what yall saying is they will have enough money to have harden...ibaka....durant..westbrook by amnesty perk....

if they dont amnesty perk......they can keep harden
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    unless Harden wnts to stay in OKC for a lesser amount than he could make elsewhere than they need to handle this before the 31st, these dudes are killing me saying keep Perk and get rid of Harden because Perk played good defense on a 40 year old Duncan
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

but do they want pay millions of dollars in luxury taxes?