I'm Beginning To Think 2pac Is A Tad Bit Overrated...

Options
1235»

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I dont like sugar, I drink my kool aide raw ? !
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NO sign to this thread...Pac is far from overrated.... he got 3 classics... his impact cant be denied....
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *YAWNS @ ANOTHER SHOCKTHREAD

I mean at what point does stupid ? start getting ridiculous? This site has become a site where ? can just change up history just cuz they not a fan of a guy. You can think 2pac wasn't lyrical all you wan but there was noway that this man wasn't one of the biggest rappers out in the mid 90's. That's impact right there

You got guys like manofmorehouse in here tryna make ? prove to him that Pac was good. Ain't nobody gotta prove nothing to you ? . I was into hiphop before he died so my proof is just what I know and have seen and heard in the rap game at the time. His classics can actually stand very well with other peoples classics not because he was a revolutionary(I don't really care if he was or wasn't) but just on the strength that he was very creative at song writing. That's a strenght ? cuz you can be lyrical and outspit pac with amazing punchlines and wordplay all you want but that's not gonna always mean so and so is better than Pac. If that's all it took then the slaugherhouse ? and canibus is better than him. But that sounds kinda stupid to say right?
    People wanna act like pac couldn't spit, the ? was good enough to keep peoples attention. Good enough to go platinum in a rap climate where all the greats rappers was putting out the goat music. Good enough to have songs that appealed to the crackaz and the ? , and mexicans and asians, ? , he's the only rapper I know that everybody will bump.

Somebody said Pac wasn't a good story teller but what? Papas song, brendas got a baby, and keep your head up wasn't vivid enough for you? That's just trolling right there. sombody said his beat selection wasn't good yet hail mary, hearts of men, and got my mind made up always kills my speakers and if I'm in the truck wit somebody else people always yell "turn that up".
    Look y'all I know y'all got a right to your opinions but you can't try to change history and say a man is overated just because your taste in music might be different in 2012 than most peoples taste was in 1996.
    THIS MAN IS STILL RELEVANT IN RAP CONVO'S 16 yrs LATER and got ? tryna hologram him for concerts n ? ! That the kinda impact even a hater can't deny. Its ok if you not a fan of his, you don't have to be...but don't go callin ? overated when he clearlywas that ? and arguably the biggest rapper out right before he died. Y'all think big is a goat right? Well Pac wil also always be remembered as the rap underdog that slayed a lyrical giant and made him back down on some coward ? . (Sorry new york, you know its true) anytime you crush a goat you ain't overated. I know this post probably long but if you don't like it ? you. Bottom line pacs song writing ability, charisma enough to get movie deals, and his battle with biggie will always make him standout verse a rappin ass rap ? with amazing multies and punchlines
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Why does tupac as a rapper get to be overated but them terrible beats on reasonable dought can't be overated?
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt has classic beats.

The ? you talking about?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ^Duke is a weirdo who manages to talk about reasonable doubt in every thread,He's obsessed wit Rd/Jigga.
    Tommy's kinda funny and that DmX thread was pretty trill but if he really honestly does believe that the world's opinion about 2pac revolves around the IC then that kid lives in fantasy land

I never said it did.I know several sheep who think pac is da Goat in life.That's why he's overrated,this thread is pointing out several reasons why.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fallacy

'Pac threads ALWAYS do numbers
  • N.O15thward
    N.O15thward Members Posts: 84
    Options
    Y'all ? talking bout pac was over rated is straight ? water y'all know that man was the best thing to ever happen to the rap game man started a movement that didn't get started all the way cause he got killed ? to be honest the ? was about to start a revolution
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on what u listen for in music or what u place more emphasis on. Pac's strong suit was his relatability & ability to make u feel what he said no matter how he said it. His content & subject matter was more diverse than most. That's what made him a great artist.

Now if we're talking about technical MC'ing then yeah, they're a bunch of MC's from his era that u could rate ahead if him in terms of (complex) lyricism, (slick) wordplay, rhyme scheme, storytelling, flow, etc.