Yo I might have to get a Wii U, ya kno'...

Options
CeLLaR-DooR
CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in IllGaming

I wasn't plannin' on gettin' one...Particularly after their unimpressive display at E3...but...after doin' a lil research on its power and capabilities...lookin' at the games and how they can feature the pad...I might have to cop that disc (no Missy Elliot)...

I read that it could very well be at least as powerful as the next gen consoles (PS4, 720)

Wish they had a big Nintendo game for the launch though...like a Metroid...Star Fox...a new Mario...an SSB...even a Donkey Kong or Kirby

Anyone else gettin' involved?

Comments

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was sold on the Wii U for a minute. Book it.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol the WiiU is barely as powerful as current Gen system.

The ps3 and xbox720 will be much powerful. Nintendo is so money hungry that they won't sell independent controllers, you have to buy a whole new system to get a second one.

Lol at any real gamer buying a Wiiu. Fool me once...

Bought the first Wii and haven't touched it in years... ? that gimmick system
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    not interested
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    @PimpMVP nah son...the Wii U is a lot more powerful than both the PS3 and the 360...The controller thing is ? AF...they should go on sale not too long after the launch...the Wii U should be able to cater to '? /real' gamers as well as the family thing
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt even know it was coming out
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coppin once SSB is announced.

Or when a real dope exclusive comes out.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Coppin once SSB is announced.

Or when a real dope exclusive comes out.

Like Metroid?...Someone name me a better trilogy

Or Star Fox...
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I need a real controller, ? a Wii U
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @PimpMVP nah son...the Wii U is a lot more powerful than both the PS3 and the 360...The controller thing is ? AF...they should go on sale not too long after the launch...the Wii U should be able to cater to '? /real' gamers as well as the family thing

um no it isnt.have you even seen the games?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Really? A lot more powerful you say?

lol ............ I'm just glad to be able to play Nintendo games in HD now
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mario aint been ? since i was 12 anyway. Excited to see Zelda in HD. But Skyward Sword wasnt one of my faves, hopefully the next one will be way better.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    the Wii U will be A LOT more powerful than the current gen...s
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

joshuaboy wrote: »

Well...from a purely technical numbers standpoint,....it is.

We talking about 4 times the amount of RAM (2GB vs 512MB for PS360) and a DirectX 10.1 compatible GPU whereas the 360 just barely runs DirectX 9.....That ? ain't nothing to sneeze at.

• CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    although...because you can seamlessly switch from full gameplay on the TV to the pad, I assume the Wii U won't be able to use its full potential with a single game...unless that game doesn't allow pad-play
  • joshuaboy
    Options

joshuaboy wrote: »

Well...from a purely technical numbers standpoint,....it is.

We talking about 4 times the amount of RAM (2GB vs 512MB for PS360) and a DirectX 10.1 compatible GPU whereas the 360 just barely runs DirectX 9.....That ? ain't nothing to sneeze at.

Thanks
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Mario aint been ? since i was 12 anyway. Excited to see Zelda in HD. But Skyward Sword wasnt one of my faves, hopefully the next one will be way better.

You didn't feel the Galaxy games?...them ? we creative as ?
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cop when monster hunter drops.

like the fact that you can plug in any external harddrive and use it for game/data storage.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    I'll get one just outta general principle.

Thought you'd be getting a free one shipped to you out of courtesy
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    more powerful yet psn games look better than wii u games.

zombie u does not even look as good as a ps3 launch game lol
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Nintendo is so money hungry that they won't sell independent controllers, you have to buy a whole new system to get a second one.

Nintendo is not selling second controllers because none of the launch window games use two controllers for anything so there is no point and they would rather dedicate those manufacturing resources to actual console production to meet demand. They said once games are made that do use two controllers, they will start selling additional controllers.

#makessense
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You really do have to be at least slightly ? to think the Wii U is somehow less powerful than current gen consoles.
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    focus wrote: »
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    Nintendo is so money hungry that they won't sell independent controllers, you have to buy a whole new system to get a second one.

Nintendo is not selling second controllers because none of the launch window games use two controllers for anything so there is no point and they would rather dedicate those manufacturing resources to actual console production to meet demand. They said once games are made that do use two controllers, they will start selling additional controllers.

#makessense
    So what about if you break the one that comes with the console? This also proves that it is a useless gimmick because if it really was so great with features that enhance thd games then why dont the launch games take advantage of using two controllers? So one person will have an advantage when they are playing off line against each other? Yeah that makes a lot of sense.You will defend Nintendo til the death lol.
    There is not a high demand for this console at launch anyway.They do not have a wii sports type of game to make it appealing.